Harbaugh's tough love embraced

Full story: Baltimore Sun 25
In his first meeting of training camp, new Ravens coach John Harbaugh and the rest of his staff wore T-shirts with the famous black-and-white still frame of Muhammad Ali standing over a fallen Sonny Liston . Full Story
First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Phil

United States

#22 Sep 21, 2008
Just the Facts wrote:
<quoted text>
It's been one game; one single stinking game. My advice is to all the purple kool aid drinkers is please don't go shining up the Super Bowl trophy.
Two games now, two good wins. But don't worry, the Ravens may lose some games and then you'll have the distinct pleasure to tell everybody so. What an inspiration you are. I bet you really enjoyed telling your kids there was no Santa Claus either.
sewmil

Baltimore, MD

#23 Sep 22, 2008
iNOTaFAN wrote:
Prediction:
cleveland browns - 0
baltimore browns - 2
Correction:Baltimore Ravens
FireTrembley

United States

#24 Sep 22, 2008
Congrats on beating the cellar dwellers of the AFC. 2 wins against 2 teams with a combined 0 wins and 6 losses. We're awesome!
GHT

Portland, OR

#26 Sep 22, 2008
Phil wrote:
<quoted text>
My wife came out of the our 2nd Raven home game, and we both had the same feeling. There is something really different about this team, something I have never witnessed. In the past, even with the Ravens winning, they would always find ways to keep it close, either through a weak zone, poor clock management, play calling, etc. However, with this team, one really believes that this team can be a winner, and there is a confidence that is building internally and externally. Obvioulsy, I'm not christening the Ravens as the team to beat, but they have some really good pieces in place, good coaching, play calling, defense, hard-running game, and fine QB, that portend the possibility of great things to come.
I think it's the head coaching. I think Billick spent more time trying to go against the grain so he could say he was right, rather than do what was standard. This coach has changed the mentality of this team. Did you see how we chewed up the clock at the end of the game??? How many Billick era situations did we go 3 and out and give the ball back and lose or make it closer than it should have been? Plenty! We are no SB contender yet, but we are not far off.
OSalleybeenladen

Towson, MD

#27 Sep 22, 2008
OSalley wrote:
Love Harbaugh-and for you Ozzie bashers remember that Oz liked Harbaugh and Bisciotti fell in love with Jason Garrett.
We were just blessed that someone dumber than Bisciotti named Jerry Jones threw all that money at Garrett.
Thanks Oz.....really these punks who bash you don't know how tough you have it. Bisciotti needs to stay back, way back...
You don't know how good or bad Garrett would have been here.Who do you think is really coaching the Cowboys?

Have you ever had to hire someone for a really important position? If possible you try to have a couple of good choices in case your number 1 doesn't take it. Just because Garrett didn't take it doesn't mean that he had to hire Harbaugh. I didn't see Harbaugh whining becuase he wasn't the first choice.

But then I suspect you just don't like Bisciotti and are looking for excuses to bash him.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Steve McNair Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Half Of Steve McNair's Estate Could Be Taxed - ... (Jul '09) May '13 Ashley 6
NFL notebook: Fisher won't be back with Titans ... (Jan '11) Jan '11 Go Blue 4
Donovan McNabb Goes to Washington (Apr '10) Apr '10 Paulette 1
Ravens Vs. Bengals: Keys to a Ravens Victory (Nov '09) Nov '09 OuchOStinko 1
King's Island Removes Display of Dead Celebriti... (Sep '09) Sep '09 Floon Buster 7
Nair's Estate in Turmoil (Jul '09) Aug '09 MELROSE 4
Half Of Steve McNair's Estate Could Be Taxed - ... (Jul '09) Jul '09 Valarie 7

Steve McNair People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE