Boller is starting over

Full story: Baltimore Sun

After being named the Ravens' starting quarterback for tomorrow night's preseason opener, Kyle Boller greeted the news with excitement but little surprise.
Comments
1 - 20 of 76 Comments Last updated Aug 9, 2008
First Prev
of 4
Next Last
jeffro

Pikeville, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 6, 2008

Yeah, the Ravens" incredible "offense always brings fear with it. Troy Smith should be tested for heavy drug use.
Arbutus Bill

Laurel, MD

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 6, 2008

Blah, Blah, Blah. We have seen what Boller can do... and it isn't much. Fumble snaps, miss open receivers and never never go to the secondary receiver. Ravens will be below .500 with this looser. Give someone else a chance.
Fort Ave Eddie

Baltimore, MD

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 6, 2008

It's nice to know that in his 6th season Boller says: "I want to be the best preseason quarterback." He just don't get it. I can only envision a pathetic bumbling fumbling Kyle getting benched after the 3rd game, Smith starting the next 3, then throwing another starry eyed rookie QB to the wolves about game 7 - at least it will be the Miami Fish.
Anti Gary

Fort Huachuca, AZ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 6, 2008

There goes another season down the drain. With an aging defense that has many flaws, this coach has given up on the season. How in the world could he even consider Boller as a starter for any game. Pre-season or not. I truly believe this guy has put the franchise at least 4 years back by having him on the team. Ozzie Newsome has to shoulder some of the blame for this terrible first round decision. As Billick left, Newsome easily could have been walking out the door right behind him. This is a seven win team. If Harbaugh doesn't get any better at making decisions, his stay here will be very short. Memo to Harbaugh: KYLE BOLLER IS NOT A STARTING QUARTERBACK IN THE NFL!! And if you think he's your guy, than management just should have left Billick as its head coach.
RavenKen

Baltimore, MD

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 6, 2008

How many years did it take to get rid of Billick? Billick could NOT coach offense. I am willing to give Boller one more chance because Billick's pitiful offense never gave any QB a chance. If Boller has talent then it better show now.
Anti Gary

Fort Huachuca, AZ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 6, 2008

One other note on Newsome. The quarterback situation wouldn't even have come to this had Newsome really evaluated Derrick Anderson in a better way. All eyes could see that he had a better quarterback mind than Boller. The Ravens would have their quarterback of the future. They could have used the money rebuilding a better offensive line and getting better receivers. Anderson was a sixth round pick. Boller was a first rounder. Some of Newsome's decisions have really hurt this franchise. The owner of the team has to realize these mistakes. When will people wake up and see that Newsome has played a major role in the team not being all around better? His leash should be really short!!
Frank

Lewes, DE

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 6, 2008

Good luck, Kyle, don't listen to these "loosers".
Glock

New York, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 6, 2008

Wow. With the football wisdom that is collectively put forth here there must be quite a lot of Head Coach material in the Baltimore area. How many have applied for the position with the Ravens? They were holding auditions.
Sammy

Centreville, MD

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 6, 2008

Wang dang sweet pootang.
Had a feeling

Catonsville, MD

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 6, 2008

RavenKen wrote:
How many years did it take to get rid of Billick? Billick could NOT coach offense. I am willing to give Boller one more chance because Billick's pitiful offense never gave any QB a chance. If Boller has talent then it better show now.
During the Billick era the Ravens were QB camp "talent dismissal" anyhow. It was often mentioned "Watch Boller get traded and become a star somewhere else-like Brady and Elvis."

That offense was so terrible that even my granny called it stupid.

Keep Boller, trade Smith, and Flacco will take over once Kyle gets injured or can not produce red zone TD's.
LoneCrow

Towson, MD

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 6, 2008

I've seen several posters laughing about all this fuss over the starting QB for a pre-season game. Well, we've been jonesing for this game for the past eight months. It just shows that we care. We have passion for our team. So, keep on posting all you Boller, Smith and Flacco fans. This is what being a fan is alllll about. Go Ravens!!!!
Ravens_Flock

Chico, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 6, 2008

lol....that is some seriously funny s**t, seeing people talk down Kyle Boller, when they can't even spell LOSER correctly. Don't pretend to be some kind of football expert, if you don't even know elementary school grammar, people.

Boller is hopefully going to be able to make the most of this chance. And hopefully win the starting spot for the regular season. Then, with any luck, all you whiners and haters can sit back and watch him suddenly do well within an offensive system that isn't strictly built for the QB to "just not turn the ball over". Ball control is great, but if Billick had ever had the balls to just let Boller air it out and mature as a passer on his own, we would have been a lot better off even back in 2004.

So "F" the haters, and Go Kyle. This is your chance man, make the most of it.
Anti Gary

Fort Huachuca, AZ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 6, 2008

Ravens_Flock wrote:
lol....that is some seriously funny s**t, seeing people talk down Kyle Boller, when they can't even spell LOSER correctly. Don't pretend to be some kind of football expert, if you don't even know elementary school grammar, people.
Boller is hopefully going to be able to make the most of this chance. And hopefully win the starting spot for the regular season. Then, with any luck, all you whiners and haters can sit back and watch him suddenly do well within an offensive system that isn't strictly built for the QB to "just not turn the ball over". Ball control is great, but if Billick had ever had the balls to just let Boller air it out and mature as a passer on his own, we would have been a lot better off even back in 2004.
So "F" the haters, and Go Kyle. This is your chance man, make the most of it.
We're just glad your dumb ass lives in Cali. You must be in Boller's family. We are tired of watching him here. He sucks. Period. As a matter of fact, why don't you push for him to come and play QB for your team so he can get the hell out of Baltimore!!
Rick

Stewartstown, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 6, 2008

WHO CARES WHO STARTS A PreSeason Game. PS. I am more concerned about the worst O line in the NFL. Any QB will have 2 seconds to get the ball off. Without good tackles we are in trouble.
Rick

Stewartstown, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 6, 2008

PS I am glad the coaches are in charge and not the fans.
Wolfe

Baltimore, MD

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 6, 2008

I've been at camp several times this year, and Troy is by far the most impressive. His teammates just play better with him in.
Josh

Parkton, MD

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 6, 2008

Man we must have alot of typicial fans around here. If you guys cannot stand Boller then don't bother to watch the Ravens this season because it doesn't sound like you boller haters are not even Ravens fans. I really don't give a fuck of what Boller did in his past 5 seasons. He is playing for a new coach, and a new offensive system, so obviously it wouldn't even hurt to see how Boller responds to this new offense. If you people don't understand that, then it's sad.

Since: Mar 08

Baltimore, MD

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 6, 2008

Somebody explain this to me. This is Boller's 5th year, Smith's 2nd, and Flacco's 1st, if none of them distinguish themselves from the others to me that is the best indictment of Boller's worthiness to start. HE HAS BEEN THERE 5 YEARS AND HE CAN'T DISTINQUISH HIMSELF FROM A ROOKIE??? WHAT MORE DO WE NEED???
phish

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 6, 2008

Hold on Gary, do you still hate Indy, cause they stole the Colts. This is a new system, season, and chance for all to learn a new system. And unless you have some kind of majority interest in the team, your we should have been a ME! The RAVENS have 3 guys competeing for the job of QB and they all should be given a fair shake,instead of kickin' Boller off the team "coach" lets see what happens in the entire preseason and let the real coaches make the roster.
Maybe you should find a team that wins every game and root for them!

!!!!!!!!!!GO RAVENS!!!!!!!!!!
crap smells good

Bloomfield, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 6, 2008

Had a feeling wrote:
<quoted text>
During the Billick era the Ravens were QB camp "talent dismissal" anyhow. It was often mentioned "Watch Boller get traded and become a star somewhere else-like Brady and Elvis."
That offense was so terrible that even my granny called it stupid.
Keep Boller, trade Smith, and Flacco will take over once Kyle gets injured or can not produce red zone TD's.
Had a feeling...or I'm just dumb. That's what you should be saying and all you that don't know anything about the game not saying i do either but please, trade Smith? Why not trade Boller, for 5 years we've watched him salvage our franchise with an underrated defense and which many you say is aging and has flaws. With injuries last year they still finished 6th overall. Now that's elite. And Smith got two chances and i thought he did pretty well. He has promise and he'd be the guy if we traded he would do well. Everybody here expects old Ravens offense and i'm not so sure it's gonna be that way anymore. You all might find yourselves surprised that's all i'm saying. You havn't seen a snap of this offense and you're already writing them off

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

First Prev
of 4
Next Last
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Steve McNair Discussions

Search the Steve McNair Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
Half Of Steve McNair's Estate Could Be Taxed - ... (Jul '09) May '13 Ashley 6
NFL notebook: Fisher won't be back with Titans ... (Jan '11) Jan '11 Go Blue 4
Donovan McNabb Goes to Washington (Apr '10) Apr '10 Paulette 1
Ravens Vs. Bengals: Keys to a Ravens Victory (Nov '09) Nov '09 OuchOStinko 1
King's Island Removes Display of Dead Celebriti... (Sep '09) Sep '09 Floon Buster 7
Nair's Estate in Turmoil (Jul '09) Aug '09 MELROSE 4
Half Of Steve McNair's Estate Could Be Taxed - ... (Jul '09) Jul '09 Valarie 7
•••
•••
•••
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••