Chargers star LB Shawne Merriman arre...

Chargers star LB Shawne Merriman arrested on suspicion of choking reality TV star girlfriend

There are 18 comments on the CW11 New York WPIX-TV story from Sep 6, 2009, titled Chargers star LB Shawne Merriman arrested on suspicion of choking reality TV star girlfriend. In it, CW11 New York WPIX-TV reports that:

San Diego Chargers star outside linebacker Shawne Merriman was arrested Sunday and accused of choking and restraining his girlfriend, reality TV star Tila Tequila, as she tried to leave his suburban home.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CW11 New York WPIX-TV.

lol

Houston, TX

#2 Sep 6, 2009
YES!

“youbeateverythin g youknowthat ”

Since: Apr 07

Buffalo, NY

#3 Sep 6, 2009
Yet another assignment for The Commish - thug number 8,472..no wonder Condi Rice didn't want the job..
southern girl

Hixson, TN

#5 Sep 6, 2009
The nfl is full of sh**!omg, how many thugs does this make?
No Surprise

Lake Orion, MI

#6 Sep 6, 2009
It takes a real man to restrain and choke a small woman. It takes a real stupid man to want to have anything to do with Tila Tequila. That makes Merriman a real, real stupid man, as well as a N-word. Because only N-words act like they can take and do whatever they want. Just like LaGarrette Blount of Oregon, it doesn't matter what's at stake, as long as N-words get to punish someone for disrespecting them.

Since: Jul 07

Miami, Florida

#7 Sep 6, 2009
An NFL star involved in a crime? Next, I suppose someone will tell me that some players are involved in dog fighting, sexual assault, drugs or shooting up night clubs.

As long as they wear the uniform of our favorite team, who are we to judge these heroic, tough guys of the NFL?
Adrian in Tacoma

Kent, WA

#8 Sep 7, 2009
What about the dingy that picked the thug, kinda like Jenna Jameson and Mr UFC...

Miami

#9 Sep 7, 2009
southern girl wrote:
The nfl is full of sh**!omg, how many thugs does this make?
Percentagewise, NFL players commit crimes at about HALF the rate of the overall US population.

http://www.isds.duke.edu/~dalene/chance/chanc...

You didn't know that, did you?

Since: Jul 07

Miami, Florida

#10 Sep 7, 2009
Preston2 wrote:
<quoted text>
Percentagewise, NFL players commit crimes at about HALF the rate of the overall US population. You didn't know that, did you?
Half the rate of crime or half the "reported" rate due to their protected status?

Miami

#11 Sep 7, 2009
Tropic wrote:
<quoted text>Half the rate of crime or half the "reported" rate due to their protected status?
No, half the rate of crime. Maybe less than half, since because of their high profile, pro athletes' crimes are less likely to go unreported.
southern girl

Hixson, TN

#12 Sep 7, 2009
Preston2 wrote:
<quoted text>
Percentagewise, NFL players commit crimes at about HALF the rate of the overall US population.
http://www.isds.duke.edu/~dalene/chance/chanc...
You didn't know that, did you?
your avatar looks childish and stupid. You didn't know that, did you?

Miami

#14 Sep 8, 2009
southern girl wrote:
<quoted text>your avatar looks childish and stupid. You didn't know that, did you?
Attacking an avatar is childish and stupid.

Is this your first week on the internet?

Miami

#15 Sep 8, 2009
No Surprise wrote:
It takes a real man to restrain and choke a small woman. It takes a real stupid man to want to have anything to do with Tila Tequila. That makes Merriman a real, real stupid man, as well as a N-word. Because only N-words act like they can take and do whatever they want. Just like LaGarrette Blount of Oregon, it doesn't matter what's at stake, as long as N-words get to punish someone for disrespecting them.
Whatever.

Meanwhile it turns out Merriman may be completely innocent.

But why wait for the truth to come out, when you've already made up your mind?
Nick College Student

Independence, OR

#16 Sep 8, 2009
Preston2 wrote:
<quoted text>
No, half the rate of crime. Maybe less than half, since because of their high profile, pro athletes' crimes are less likely to go unreported.
-not to mention the cases like Kobes where charges are filed, they lose endorsements/respect/fans/cred ibility, then charges are dropped or they are found not guilty...but their name/image has alrady been tarnished...some people are just shameless garbage...
Nick College Student

Independence, OR

#17 Sep 8, 2009
southern girl wrote:
<quoted text>your avatar looks childish and stupid. You didn't know that, did you?
(sigh)-let the adults converse

Miami

#18 Sep 8, 2009
Nick College Student wrote:
<quoted text>
-not to mention the cases like Kobes where charges are filed, they lose endorsements/respect/fans/cred ibility, then charges are dropped or they are found not guilty...but their name/image has alrady been tarnished...some people are just shameless garbage...
Exactly! Opportunistic people see pro athletes as easy marks. You manage to get into a fight with a ballplayer, no matter that you started it, and you might be able to work some easy cash out of him to just go away.

On a side note, I was never much of a Kobe fan before he was falsely accused of rape, but I am very glad to see that he has been able to shrug off what had happened and continue to excel.

That was a lot to overcome.
Cleary

Providence, RI

#19 Sep 8, 2009
From seeing her video online, I was not surprised to hear that he had choked her.

I was surprised, however, to hear that it was with his hands...

Miami

#20 Sep 9, 2009
Cleary wrote:
From seeing her video online, I was not surprised to hear that he had choked her.
I was surprised, however, to hear that it was with his hands...
Ok, that was funny.
Reggie

Joplin, MO

#21 Sep 9, 2009
Despite the name, I am woman!! Gotta presume innocent until proven guilty. Could be she got all messed up and too embarrased to own up. Seen lotsa "ladies" do very unladylike things, including accusing falsely.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Steve Foley Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News San Diego Linebacker arrested, accused of choki... (Sep '09) Sep '09 TexasRaider 28
News Chargers LB Merriman arrested in domestic call (Sep '09) Sep '09 Bobby Logston 2
News Chargers' Merriman accused of choking Tila Tequila (Sep '09) Sep '09 Non issue 3
News Chargers LB Merriman arrested in domestic call (Sep '09) Sep '09 The Hero 1
News Chargers Shawne Merriman Arrested for Allegedly... (Sep '09) Sep '09 The Raven 1
Aaron Mansker, the individual who shot Foley... (Sep '06) Jul '09 Joseph Warren 28
News Chargers defensive tackle Jamal Williams arrest... (Feb '09) Feb '09 RAIDER MISTERIO 2
More from around the web