Why the heck do we hate Tim Tebow?

Nov 3, 2011 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: Fox Sports

Jen Floyd Engel covered local sports for the Fort Worth Star-Telegram since 1997 and became a columnist in 2003.

Comments

Showing posts 1 - 20 of107
< prev page
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:

Greeley, CO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 6, 2011

Judged:

No one should hate Tim Tebow. people say hes overrated and 'holier than thou'(the dumbest saying that makes no sense)- the center of attention because of his religion.They think hes a goody goody, or 'self righteous' because of his polite manner. So basically they hate him cuz hes a great guy.
They wouldnt say this about any other religions.
PEOPLE HATE CHRISTIANS...BECAUSE THEY KNOW THEY'RE RIGHT.
I say they're jealous. not that hes famous or popular because of his religion. But that he has such great moral values, hes polite and probably one of the nicest people in a while, and because of all that, he'll probably have a happier life than all of them.

You may ask: then why is he always "showing off" by 'tebowing'.

Well, firstly: get over yourself, and grow up.

Secondly: this showing off you speak of- It's not like he does it because everyone loves it and it makes him loved, because, I assure you people hate him for it. He does it because he believes in Jesus and doesn't care who mocks him because he believes with his whole heart that all the glory belongs to God. So he gets down on one knee and prays- so what? He didnt do it for fame, he did it because thats what he felt.

THE FACT THAT TIM TEBOW ENDURES ALL THE MOCKERY THAT PEOPLE RAVE, PROVES THAT HE DOES NOT CARE ABOUT THE CRAP PEOPLE GIVE HIM BECAUSE OF HIS CHRISTIANITY- ONE OF THE MOST DEEPLY HATED RELIGIONS. IT PROVES THAT THAT NO ONE WILL BRING HIM DOWN IF HE COULD HELP IT. AND THATS SOMETHING TO BE ADMIRED, NOT HATED.

Since: Oct 09

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 7, 2011

Judged:

The weak always hate the strong.
Strongfarts

Cypress, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 7, 2011

Judged:

I hate the fact that he will not see the post season...
murray

Las Vegas, NV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 7, 2011

Judged:

Tebow isn't pretty but he wins.Isnt that all we require from an athlete?
Requirefarts

Cypress, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 7, 2011

Judged:

No post season....
Rebekah 559

Clovis, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 7, 2011

Judged:

I followed Tim Tebow throughout his college career, and called in sick to watch the draft because I knew he would go first round.
I dont understand the hatred and negativity that surrounds him constantly.
He's as real as it gets when it comes to his love of God and his love of the game.
I am not a Bronchos fan, but will rarely miss a game because I think he is going to surprise the critics at some point.
He is a great role model, and in my opinion, an inspiration to all who search for faith.
Rolefarts

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 8, 2011

Judged:

What was his QBR last week...42%? Overhyped noodle arm...
Chuck Hays

Colcord, OK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 9, 2011

Judged:

guest wrote:
No one should hate Tim Tebow. people say hes overrated and 'holier than thou'(the dumbest saying that makes no sense)- the center of attention because of his religion.They think hes a goody goody, or 'self righteous' because of his polite manner. So basically they hate him cuz hes a great guy.
They wouldnt say this about any other religions.
PEOPLE HATE CHRISTIANS...BECAUSE THEY KNOW THEY'RE RIGHT.
I say they're jealous. not that hes famous or popular because of his religion. But that he has such great moral values, hes polite and probably one of the nicest people in a while, and because of all that, he'll probably have a happier life than all of them.
You may ask: then why is he always "showing off" by 'tebowing'.
Well, firstly: get over yourself, and grow up.
Secondly: this showing off you speak of- It's not like he does it because everyone loves it and it makes him loved, because, I assure you people hate him for it. He does it because he believes in Jesus and doesn't care who mocks him because he believes with his whole heart that all the glory belongs to God. So he gets down on one knee and prays- so what? He didnt do it for fame, he did it because thats what he felt.
THE FACT THAT TIM TEBOW ENDURES ALL THE MOCKERY THAT PEOPLE RAVE, PROVES THAT HE DOES NOT CARE ABOUT THE CRAP PEOPLE GIVE HIM BECAUSE OF HIS CHRISTIANITY- ONE OF THE MOST DEEPLY HATED RELIGIONS. IT PROVES THAT THAT NO ONE WILL BRING HIM DOWN IF HE COULD HELP IT. AND THATS SOMETHING TO BE ADMIRED, NOT HATED.
If he believes in Jesus, then why doesn't he do what Jesus said, and quit praying in public?
Heyzusfarts

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 9, 2011

Judged:

Chuck Hays wrote:
<quoted text>
If he believes in Jesus, then why doesn't he do what Jesus said, and quit praying in public?
Because he needs to make spectacle of it...

He needs to pray for a new arm with better accuracy and stop making a joke of it...
Go Blue

West Palm Beach, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 11, 2011

Judged:

I hate it when the Raiders did'nt fill the gaps, and let him beat them.....Tebow is a great kid, he just lacks some skills.....should be a tightend....
Gapfarts

Cypress, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 11, 2011

Judged:

Great noodle arm too...
Broncofarts

Cypress, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 13, 2011

Judged:

KC - Den: Half Time...Tebow 0-4, 0 yds, 0 tds...

Noodle arm...
news and notes

Brooksville, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 13, 2011

Judged:

The team has announced that WR L'Phartee Harrison will be out 3-5 weeks with a torn vlechxon flexor.
The Broncos signed Gweenor Gastonbury from the practice team to cover for Harrison.
Go Blue

West Palm Beach, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 14, 2011

Judged:

Broncofarts wrote:
KC - Den: Half Time...Tebow 0-4, 0 yds, 0 tds...
Noodle arm...
...and still won......
Dr Scholl

Brooksville, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 15, 2011

Judged:

Tim Tebow's feet have had a horrific stink to them since he was in grade school and he's refused to deal with the problem by using odor eaters.

He insists on using Raid bug spray in his shoes which quickly rots them out.
LOL

Cypress, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 15, 2011

Judged:

Go Blue wrote:
<quoted text>...and still won......
2/4 64 yards will not win a Super Bowl...like the Wildcat, Tebow will be figured out soon...
Go Blue

West Palm Beach, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 16, 2011

Judged:

LOL wrote:
<quoted text>
2/4 64 yards will not win a Super Bowl...like the Wildcat, Tebow will be figured out soon...
I think, the biggest joke, may be someone who can use the words, Tim Tebow and Superbowl, in the same sentence.......unless it's like....Last year, Tebow bought a new HDTV, to watch the superbowl.......
Jetmanfarts

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 16, 2011

Judged:

Go Blue wrote:
<quoted text> I think, the biggest joke, may be someone who can use the words, Tim Tebow and Superbowl, in the same sentence.......unless it's like....Last year, Tebow bought a new HDTV, to watch the superbowl.......
My bad...what was I thinking...but the even bigger joke is if he pulls off the same stat line and beats the Jets...
Go Blue

West Palm Beach, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 16, 2011

Judged:

I'd love it, especially for Jetman and Gay Jim....lol....
Jetfarts

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 17, 2011

Judged:

Go Blue wrote:
Jetman and Gay Jim....lol....
Sounds like a Sandusky fan club...lol

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 20 of107
< prev page
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Stephen Tulloch Discussions

Search the Stephen Tulloch Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Where will Manti Te'o go in 2013 NFL draft? (Apr '13) Jul '13 PEE PEE PETE 9
Packers' McCarthy responds to remark from Lions... (Jul '12) Jul '12 GBPfan 1
Tim Tebow talks football, faith at Easter service (Apr '12) Apr '12 TBone 2
Which free agent will Raiders replace Wimbley w... (Mar '12) Mar '12 Left Overs 2
Tebow's Religion, and Ours (Dec '11) Dec '11 Laughing Bear Fan 2
Tebow doesn'tA gets Lions' shareA (Nov '11) Nov '11 Elwayfarts 6
Lions stifle Denver, 45-10 (Oct '11) Nov '11 3 16farts 5
•••
•••
•••
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••