Chargers take down Titans 17-6

Full story: Enterprise-Journal
LaDainian Tomlinson jumped for joy. Norv Turner's eyes were red. It was rainy and gloomy, but it might as well have been a sunny day. Full Story

“LT NFL Hero, Godly Man”

Since: Jan 08

San Diego

#1 Jan 8, 2008
NFL HERO, MAN OF GOD
by Steve Karges
CMIkids.com
LaDainian Tomlinson’s football records, awards and accolades fill 20 pages in the San Diego Chargers media guide. In 2007, the Bolts’ superstar running back led the National Football League in rushing (1474 yards) and rushing touchdowns (15) for the second consecutive year. In 2006, Tomlinson established 13 new NFL records and was named the league’s Most Valuable Player.“LT,” as he is known to football fans, has graced the cover of Sports Illustrated and many other national magazines. He has been a guest on the Tonight Show with Jay Leno and was recently featured on 60 Minutes. Tomlinson, who is in his 7th season with the Chargers, has also appeared in many television commercials, including spots for Campbell’s Soup and Nike. He even has a shoe named after him.
“God has given me all these blessings,” Tomlinson tells an interviewer.“A lot of people may know my face and know that I’m a good player on the football field, but they probably don’t really know me as a person. I owe this to God; it's all about Him.”
While growing up in a small town in rural Texas, Tomlinson says his spiritual training began at home when he was a boy.“My mom told me a long time ago [that] God would take me to places I’d never dreamed if I kept Him first and gave Him all the glory. I believe that with all my might. It's still the same way with me. I make sure I always give Him all the glory and praise, because I know that in one second, one game, one play, it could be all over. So I’m just here right now having success, but at the same time, I know it's all because of Him.”
LT recalls the Sunday at church when he accepted Christ at the age of 14.“I just started to cry for some reason," he remembers. "I couldn’t stop crying. I felt like a baby all over again. At the same time, I felt like my life had changed. From that point on, I knew that if I had faith in God that He would take me wherever I wanted to go, as long as I praised His name and as long as I gave Him all the glory in whatever I did.”
As Tomlinson rewrites the NFL’s record book, he continues to grow in his walk with the Lord. "Over the years as I went through a lot more things,” LT continues,“I’ve gotten closer and closer to God as far as praying a lot more,[and] being into the Word. The thing about it is learning more about God and His purpose for you each and every day [and] just trying to live your life right.”
LT proudly displays a tattoo on his right arm that confirms he’s “In God’s hands.”
“As long as you believe in [God], no matter what happens in your life, understand that it's all for a purpose. Try to understand what God wants you to do in this lifetime. Once you find that out, your life will be more clear, and you will understand exactly what you need to do to be successful.”
Tomlinson is purpose driven both on and off the gridiron. "I always feel the Lord has a plan for my life.”

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Stephen Tulloch Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Where will Manti Te'o go in 2013 NFL draft? (Apr '13) Jul '13 PEE PEE PETE 9
Packers' McCarthy responds to remark from Lions... (Jul '12) Jul '12 GBPfan 1
Tim Tebow talks football, faith at Easter service (Apr '12) Apr '12 TBone 2
Which free agent will Raiders replace Wimbley w... (Mar '12) Mar '12 Left Overs 2
Why the heck do we hate Tim Tebow? (Nov '11) Dec '11 Teblow 107
Tebow's Religion, and Ours (Dec '11) Dec '11 Laughing Bear Fan 2
Tebow doesn'tA gets Lions' shareA (Nov '11) Nov '11 Elwayfarts 6
More from around the web