Donovan McNabb Is the Veteran Quarterback the Minnesota Vikings Need

May 30, 2011 Full story: BleacherReport 18

Not Only would quarterback Donovan McNabb bring smiles to Vikings' fans, but he may smile more if he were a Viking in 2011 too.

Full Story
Paris

Brookfield, WI

#1 May 31, 2011

More than one team was a Brett Favre interception away from the Superbowl.

Hey Vikings, why don't ya just get a good QB coach and develop a good young QB, maybe Ponder or ???

Stop grabbing at anything and everything.
Miss Jane Russell

Rochester, MN

#2 Jun 4, 2011
McNabb may be coming to his best years as a pro qb. He is only 35.
Harry

Inkster, ND

#3 Jun 4, 2011
Doh-kay.
Kanfan

Wichita, KS

#4 Jun 4, 2011
"McNap" wants to be a starter, probably not interested in schooling a youngster. Hasselbeck is the man. Has good foot-work, can read defenses and isn't looking for a long-term contract.
Magnum Man

Fort Wayne, IN

#5 Jun 4, 2011
After reading the article, McNabb is just too expensive. Minnesota needs a QB that will work for backup pay and have starters experience.

The strike shortened season isn't helping either. For Ponder to be effective he needs time to gel with the team. A luxury that he (or anybody) doesn't have.

your thoughts....
Harry

Inkster, ND

#6 Jun 4, 2011
Magnum Man wrote:
After reading the article, McNabb is just too expensive. Minnesota needs a QB that will work for backup pay and have starters experience.
The strike shortened season isn't helping either. For Ponder to be effective he needs time to gel with the team. A luxury that he (or anybody) doesn't have.
your thoughts....
Nothing good happens until the line is fixed.

Hasslebeck is too fragile. McNabb can take a sack as well as anybody. And McKinny will protect him with the same "ole" moves he used to show his indifference to Favre.

Since: Dec 06

Davenport, FL

#7 Jun 5, 2011
You need two quality Qb's because of the importance of the position and injuries are always happening at same.I'm getting us Orton,
then Ponder and Orton duke it out for 1st and runner up.
Fair and square,nobody can bitch,Qb.wise.
Same at RB,
Ricky Williams,Ronnie Brown or De Angelo Williams will make a nice #2 and insurance at the position.
O-line help is available through FA as well.
If we keep Rice,we still need another #1 Wr. because Berrian SUCKS the BIG TOE.There are several FA,some from the Jets,plus Moss and T.O.
With that said,
my offense is ready.
Defensively,
I'm riding with what I have
and
fixing anything that needs fixing with the next draft and FA at defense.

“5th Degree Black Belt”

Location hidden

#8 Jun 5, 2011
I have come to the conclusion Joe Webb and Christian Ponder will battle for the starting qb position. Most Certainly Orton nor McNabb are in Vikings plans for 2011.
Kanfan

Wichita, KS

#9 Jun 5, 2011
Have to agree with most of what Childress said except the Orton part. Not that he's a bad QB but I'd rather spend the money on O/L. I'm not that worried about the RB position but another good RB wouldn't hurt. Hasselbeck isn't being brought in to start, just help school. Webb would be the back-up QB, and, this thought....Webb has the STRONG ARM everyone is clammering about.

“We've been Norv'ed”

Since: Nov 09

Erie

#10 Jun 5, 2011
RB position is what the Vikes need..........get real..........AP goes down and then what?

“5th Degree Black Belt”

Location hidden

#11 Jun 5, 2011
erie-vike fan wrote:
RB position is what the Vikes need..........get real..........AP goes down and then what?
We spent a valuable 2nd round pick last year on Gerhart. This is why I have my doubts on Spielman.

“We've been Norv'ed”

Since: Nov 09

Erie

#12 Jun 6, 2011
Avant wrote:
<quoted text>We spent a valuable 2nd round pick last year on Gerhart. This is why I have my doubts on Spielman.
Avant at least the Vikes somewhat addressed that need with Toby..........I think now we are OK via the RB position and I know I am contradicting myself but; If Toby can block.be a 3rd down back.........and fit the system like he was drafted for then..........

I blew these threads up with my disdain about the release of CT and not one of you regulars flinched..........

LT...BW....EVEN any FA RB that was a possibilty the Vikes did not go after!!

LT okay maybe but weak!

I THINK Detroit's rb..........wpwould have been a smarter pick..........STUBBY don't hate me!

His name seems to escape me, lol. Best

Vikes still need a go to VETERAN RB just in case!

FLIP SIDE..........AP is gonna get rode more than Seattle Slew ever was...be careful what you wish 4 AP your time will come..........GOD BLESS!!

He is in his prime and the ZBS BEST MAKE SURE HE is used correctly!

BTW........Q? In what game did our coach.LF...Play his last down?

And how stupid was the play?
ffrank

Wyoming, PA

#13 Jun 6, 2011
McNabb and his glory days are over. Out at
Philadelphia, out at Washington and now the
Vikings think the answer to the QB position
would be McBad. Two great coaches Reed and
Shanahan didn't want him so the Vikings want
their "leftovers." Don't act so damn desperate
and make hasty decisions like adding him to
the team. Stick with Ponder and Webb if Favre
isn't coming back. Why shouldn't he be con-
sidered for the Veteran QB. He is still better
than McBad. GO FAVRE! Yeah I am a Favre fan
and proud of it!
YesFarts

United States

#14 Jun 7, 2011
erie-vike fan wrote:
<quoted text>
I blew these threads up with my disdain about the release of CT and not one of you regulars flinched..........
LT okay maybe but weak!
I THINK Detroit's rb..........wpwould have been a smarter pick
Preach on brutha
Laughing Bear Fan

Littleton, CO

#15 Jun 9, 2011
erie-vike fan wrote:
Herschel Walker is a free agent!
Kanfan

Wichita, KS

#16 Jun 10, 2011
erie-vike fan wrote:
<quoted text>Avant at least the Vikes somewhat addressed that need with Toby..........I think now we are OK via the RB position and I know I am contradicting myself but; If Toby can block.be a 3rd down back.........and fit the system like he was drafted for then..........
LT okay maybe but weak!
I THINK Detroit's rb..........wpwould have been a smarter pick..........STUBBY don't hate me!
His name seems to escape me, lol. Best
Vikes still need a go to VETERAN RB just in case!
FLIP SIDE..........AP is gonna get rode more than Seattle Slew ever was...be careful what you wish 4 AP your time will come..........GOD BLESS!!
He is in his prime and the ZBS BEST MAKE SURE HE is used correctly!
BTW........Q? In what game did our coach.LF...Play his last down?
And how stupid was the play?
Answer. Super Bowl XX, failed reverse on punt, torn knee legaments. Not sure about RB Best ...could he survive with MN O/L? Gerhart is big enough to absorb more punishment and he IS a better blocker. Also, we still have Young and Booker as RB.
Answerfarts

United States

#17 Jun 13, 2011
Neil Young and Booker T...
duly noted

Spring Hill, FL

#18 Jun 13, 2011
At a recent autograph session, Donovan McNabb was asked by a fan if he had ever heard a center fart loud just prior to the snap of the football at the line of scrimmage.
McNabb looked confused and just shook his head.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Sidney Rice Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Seahawks' Rice has torn ACL (Oct '13) Oct '13 Laughing Bear Fan 10
Seattle Seahawks Can Win Without Percy Harvin (Jul '13) Jul '13 Cook 1
Seattle Seahawks: Tarvaris Jackson Will Beat Br... (Jun '13) Jun '13 viking nation 5
Vikings' leading receiver Sidney Rice has hip s... (Aug '10) Jan '13 Mitch 29
Seattle Seahawks WR Carousel Keeps Spinning wit... (Oct '12) Oct '12 charles 1
10 things to know for Tuesday (Sep '12) Sep '12 Ed Hochuloogie 4
Irvin waits for his chance to shine for Seahawks (Aug '12) Aug '12 Anthony 1

Sidney Rice People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE