NFL Preseason Schedule: Vikings Will ...

NFL Preseason Schedule: Vikings Will Show Sidney Rice He Made a Mammoth Mistake

There are 36 comments on the BleacherReport story from Aug 17, 2011, titled NFL Preseason Schedule: Vikings Will Show Sidney Rice He Made a Mammoth Mistake. In it, BleacherReport reports that:

Sidney Rice is apparently all about getting, as another former Minnesota Vikings wide receiver would say, straight cash homie.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at BleacherReport.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
ezg357

Madera, CA

#21 Aug 19, 2011
Laughing Bear Fan wrote:
<quoted text>He had to cover some gambling losses on dog fights so he tanked the game
lol

“FORUMS LONGEST POSTING MEMBER ”

Since: Dec 06

Location hidden

#22 Aug 19, 2011
ezg357 wrote:
I Still think Vick set some kind of NFL record with 3 INTs out of only 12 throws.
We will remember this post late december when the eagles get their 13th win. ezg357. It's PRESEASON!!!
Magnum Man

Fishers, IN

#23 Aug 19, 2011
If Rice doesn't want to be a part of this team, oh well. Let him go.

Is it all about the money - NO! If you don't enjoy the job you have, sometimes getting a different job (with lower pay) is the answer.

Think about it:
Take a job you hate making 2 million.
Take a job you enjoy making 1.5 million.
the truth of the matter is that the difference in the money isn't all that great. 1.5 million is still a lot of money.

your thoughts......
William SHAKES Peare

Brooksville, FL

#24 Aug 19, 2011
I had hoped to make some football predictions but my hands are shaking too much from heavy boozing.
ezg357

Madera, CA

#25 Aug 19, 2011
Avant wrote:
<quoted text>We will remember this post late december when the eagles get their 13th win. ezg357. It's PRESEASON!!!
We Will see IF this a Dream Team The Eagles start the season with the Rams in Saint Louis A much improved team on both sides of the ball. Then they play the Falcons in Atlanta then the Giants Eagles frist home game By then the fans may not care to see the blow out coming. Eli & the Giants has a lot to prove this year. So yes We will see if there a Dream Team, But to me they look like a team that cant jell with each other . They didn't do anything to help there front line from last year & it showed in that Steelers game.. Vick is only good if there isnt any pressure on him & when they do pressure him he turns to the Vick of Old & trys to make plays where there isnt a play to be made. A good QB can make the play but Vick has Never been a elite QB Roethlisberger was under the same pressure but Yet He made the plays & Thats the differents from a Good QB and one that is average Go Vikings
Magnum Man

Fishers, IN

#27 Aug 19, 2011
ezg357 - don't sweat it. Avant can't count to 13!
ezg357

Madera, CA

#28 Aug 19, 2011
Magnum Man wrote:
If Rice doesn't want to be a part of this team, oh well. Let him go.
Is it all about the money - NO! If you don't enjoy the job you have, sometimes getting a different job (with lower pay) is the answer.
Think about it:
Take a job you hate making 2 million.
Take a job you enjoy making 1.5 million.
the truth of the matter is that the difference in the money isn't all that great. 1.5 million is still a lot of money.
your thoughts......
Well lets take a look at Sidney Rice as our example Drafted by the Vikings Made his Name with the Vikes Wouldnt you say that he liked working for them? The Vikings didnt put a franchise tag on Rice But put a frist round tender on him meaning this years pay would be about three million a year They couldnt pay him more this Year & would have worked out a New contract next year But Now The Seahawks contract offer was five years worth 41 million including 16.5 million guaranteed Wow With incentives that push the total as high as 44 million From making 3 million for this year with the Vikes or take as high as 8 million from the Seahawks I say the money was just to much to pass up even if Rice liked playing here for the Vikes ITs not a matter of a half million its Millions of dollars.>>>> Go Vikings
Magnum Man

Fishers, IN

#29 Aug 20, 2011
ezg357 wrote:
<quoted text>Well lets take a look at Sidney Rice as our example Drafted by the Vikings Made his Name with the Vikes Wouldnt you say that he liked working for them? The Vikings didnt put a franchise tag on Rice But put a frist round tender on him meaning this years pay would be about three million a year They couldnt pay him more this Year & would have worked out a New contract next year But Now The Seahawks contract offer was five years worth 41 million including 16.5 million guaranteed Wow With incentives that push the total as high as 44 million From making 3 million for this year with the Vikes or take as high as 8 million from the Seahawks I say the money was just to much to pass up even if Rice liked playing here for the Vikes ITs not a matter of a half million its Millions of dollars.>>>> Go Vikings
It sounds as if you are probably correct in the assumtion that Rice left for money. However there was a rift between Rice and Wilf if memory serves me correctly. Maybe that Rift is why the Vikings only offered him that salary.
Either way I do not begrudge Ride for leaving. I sure he has his reasons.
ezg357

Madera, CA

#30 Aug 20, 2011
Magnum Man wrote:
<quoted text>It sounds as if you are probably correct in the assumtion that Rice left for money. However there was a rift between Rice and Wilf if memory serves me correctly. Maybe that Rift is why the Vikings only offered him that salary.
Either way I do not begrudge Ride for leaving. I sure he has his reasons.
I dont have any bad feelings, Rice Did what anyone would do in his shoes > This is a business & you take the best offer. Rice was a good WR For the Vikes & I wish him Well & to always play his best Well as long as he isnt playing the Vikes Then the evil eye is on him lol Go Vikings
Eyefarts

Cypress, TX

#31 Aug 21, 2011
Rice looked at the big picture...going 6-10 either way...mind as well get paid....
Laughing Bear Fan

Commerce City, CO

#32 Aug 22, 2011
William SHAKES Peare wrote:
I had hoped to make some football predictions but my hands are shaking too much from heavy boozing.
Shaking your spear?
Coverfarts

Houston, TX

#33 Aug 22, 2011
Hopefully the NFL will restructure the 2011 schedule and make it a 16 game season vs the Seahawks....if not, 6-10/7-9
Nova scotia favre fan

Canada

#34 Sep 12, 2011
Avant wrote:
<quoted text> Philadelphia Eagles dream team say players want to win and get payed. Reason elite players refuse to sign with Minnesota? Players have no respect for management that let Favre be player coach and took the team hostage 4 two years. The aftermath of Favre is like Katrina, a catastrophe. We are a last place team now.
favre never took any team hostage. He gave minnesota the only chance to win. Only chance in a long time. The best player to ever play in minnesota. Played with hart. Bad knee. NFC championship game. Took bad late dirty hits all game. If not for the greesed hands of peterson and harvin they would be champs. Congrats they are your franchise. And you can have them. You and people like you throw favre under the bus. Cause you need somone to blame. That year he should have won MVP. The best year he ever had. The reason the last year was so bad. Your O Line. They suck. And if childress would have took a chance. On 4 th down they could have made the playoffs.
Tony

Winnipeg, Canada

#35 Sep 12, 2011
Brett turned Sidney into a household name - let's see how his stats compare after he ditched Brett and the Vikings last year by holding off on his surgery until Brett committed himself back to the Vikings - wait and see !!!
Tony

Winnipeg, Canada

#36 Sep 12, 2011
Nova scotia favre fan wrote:
<quoted text> favre never took any team hostage. He gave minnesota the only chance to win. Only chance in a long time. The best player to ever play in minnesota. Played with hart. Bad knee. NFC championship game. Took bad late dirty hits all game. If not for the greesed hands of peterson and harvin they would be champs. Congrats they are your franchise. And you can have them. You and people like you throw favre under the bus. Cause you need somone to blame. That year he should have won MVP. The best year he ever had. The reason the last year was so bad. Your O Line. They suck. And if childress would have took a chance. On 4 th down they could have made the playoffs.
Agree with everything you said here my friend - Some of these Viking fans are slow !!!!
Slowfarts

Houston, TX

#37 Sep 13, 2011
Get off Favres johnson...he is retired...move on!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Sidney Rice Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Seahawks' Rice has torn ACL (Oct '13) Oct '13 Laughing Bear Fan 10
News Seattle Seahawks Can Win Without Percy Harvin (Jul '13) Jul '13 Cook 1
News Seattle Seahawks: Tarvaris Jackson Will Beat Br... (Jun '13) Jun '13 viking nation 5
News Seattle Seahawks WR Carousel Keeps Spinning wit... (Oct '12) Oct '12 charles 1
News 10 things to know for Tuesday (Sep '12) Sep '12 Ed Hochuloogie 4
News Irvin waits for his chance to shine for Seahawks (Aug '12) Aug '12 Anthony 1
News Seahawks sign Terrell Owens to 1-year contract (Aug '12) Aug '12 hatchet 6
More from around the web