Minnesota Vikings: Top 5 Reasons Why ...

Minnesota Vikings: Top 5 Reasons Why Christian Ponder Should Start in 2011

There are 8 comments on the BleacherReport story from Jun 23, 2011, titled Minnesota Vikings: Top 5 Reasons Why Christian Ponder Should Start in 2011. In it, BleacherReport reports that:

When an NFL team draft a first-round quarterback, there is always the underlying debate as to whether or not the team should sit him for a year, or let his feet get wet as early as possible.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at BleacherReport.

Paris

Menomonee Falls, WI

#1 Jun 23, 2011
Yeah, you do that. You start him right away. The sooner he can meet Mr. Suh, Mr. Peppers and Mr. Mathews ... the better.

You need an O-line with "high" blocking ability ... not a QB with a high IQ. For two years you had one of the best QBs at reading a defense, and he got killed, time after time. He took more monster hits in two season with that O-line than all other teams he was on ... combined. And you want a first year NFL QB to just step right in there and make it happen. Not with that line, that QB and all 16 games. Besides, 61% completion in college is not exactly impressive. He'll have much less time to throw in the NFL ... probably do about 55%.

IQ or whatever, you could end up shell-shocking Ponder forever. Was there EVER a QB who went from college to starting game one in the NFL and been really good? Probably has been but I can't think of one. GOOD LUCK Vikings. You're gonna need it.

“We've been Norv'ed”

Since: Nov 09

Erie

#2 Jun 25, 2011
Ponder can extend plays via his mobility Paris, plus he can run the WCO. FAVRE HAD LITTLE MOBILITY AND NO WR to stretch the field.

AP will be Ponder's go to guy, take pressure off starting a rookie QB.

At this point barring any major FA QB signing the Vikes start Ponder.
WCOfarts

Houston, TX

#3 Jun 27, 2011
erie-vike fan wrote:
Ponder can extend plays via his mobility Paris, plus he can run the WCO. FAVRE HAD LITTLE MOBILITY AND NO WR to stretch the field.
AP will be Ponder's go to guy, take pressure off starting a rookie QB.
At this point barring any major FA QB signing the Vikes start Ponder.
What happened Erie, you bashed the pick and now your are falling for the Ponder....WTF

“We've been Norv'ed”

Since: Nov 09

Erie

#4 Jul 5, 2011
WCOfarts wrote:
<quoted text>
What happened Erie, you bashed the pick and now your are falling for the Ponder....WTF
WTF do I know??? Look it is what it is

Gotta support my team.

Coach obviously wanted a NFL ready QB..........hence Ponder.

So I support the decision..........GO VIKES.

And my input means a lot!

HAIL MARY.....OUR FATHER.........HOLY GHOST..........PRINCE......... .GOD'S COUNTRY

Deliver us from evil..ie''''''''''not winning a SB.

I went off the deep end with this post.
ezg357

Madera, CA

#5 Jul 5, 2011
Paris wrote:
Yeah, you do that. You start him right away. The sooner he can meet Mr. Suh, Mr. Peppers and Mr. Mathews ... the better.
You need an O-line with "high" blocking ability ... not a QB with a high IQ. For two years you had one of the best QBs at reading a defense, and he got killed, time after time. He took more monster hits in two season with that O-line than all other teams he was on ... combined. And you want a first year NFL QB to just step right in there and make it happen. Not with that line, that QB and all 16 games. Besides, 61% completion in college is not exactly impressive. He'll have much less time to throw in the NFL ... probably do about 55%.
IQ or whatever, you could end up shell-shocking Ponder forever. Was there EVER a QB who went from college to starting game one in the NFL and been really good? Probably has been but I can't think of one. GOOD LUCK Vikings. You're gonna need it.
I think any teams QB thats plays the Lions this year is going to take some hits including Packers Aaron Rodgers. I ask this who can take a hit better Ponder that's arm is long healed or Aaron that had Two head concussions? Go Vikings
farts

Houston, TX

#6 Jul 6, 2011
erie-vike fan wrote:
<quoted text>WTF do I know??? Look it is what it is
Gotta support my team.
Coach obviously wanted a NFL ready QB..........hence Ponder.
So I support the decision..........GO VIKES.
And my input means a lot!
HAIL MARY.....OUR FATHER.........HOLY GHOST..........PRINCE......... .GOD'S COUNTRY
Deliver us from evil..ie''''''''''not winning a SB.
I went off the deep end with this post.
lol
Laughing Bear Fan

Littleton, CO

#7 Jul 6, 2011
ezg357 wrote:
<quoted text>I think any teams QB thats plays the Lions this year is going to take some hits including Packers Aaron Rodgers. I ask this who can take a hit better Ponder that's arm is long healed or Aaron that had Two head concussions? Go Vikings
The Refs will protect Gay Rodg you can count on that. They will try to keep that gay POS on his feet all year long because he's a pretty-boy. Wouldn't it be funny if the CBA had a maximum amount of concussions at some arbitrary number, like 3? I would load a defense up with special teamers and blitz that POS
Armfarts

Houston, TX

#8 Jul 6, 2011
ezg357 wrote:
<quoted text> I ask this who can take a hit better Ponder that's arm is long healed or Aaron that had Two head concussions? Go Vikings
And you know this for fact how?

Both would last longer than Stafford to begin with anyway.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Sidney Rice Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Seahawks' Rice has torn ACL (Oct '13) Oct '13 Laughing Bear Fan 10
News Seattle Seahawks Can Win Without Percy Harvin (Jul '13) Jul '13 Cook 1
News Seattle Seahawks: Tarvaris Jackson Will Beat Br... (Jun '13) Jun '13 viking nation 5
News Vikings' leading receiver Sidney Rice has hip s... (Aug '10) Jan '13 Mitch 28
News Seattle Seahawks WR Carousel Keeps Spinning wit... (Oct '12) Oct '12 charles 1
News 10 things to know for Tuesday (Sep '12) Sep '12 Ed Hochuloogie 4
News Irvin waits for his chance to shine for Seahawks (Aug '12) Aug '12 Anthony 1
More from around the web