Vikings' roster figures to undergo a ...

Vikings' roster figures to undergo a major offseason facelift

There are 79 comments on the TwinCities.com story from Jan 6, 2011, titled Vikings' roster figures to undergo a major offseason facelift. In it, TwinCities.com reports that:

The best way for the Vikings to create distance from their 2010 meltdown is to cultivate a new culture inside the Winter Park walls and assemble a roster ready to embrace coach Leslie Frazier's new outlook.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at TwinCities.com.

First Prev
of 4
Next Last
Joe Kapp

Minneapolis, MN

#1 Jan 6, 2011
GOOD! Lets get some players that want to and know how to PLAY FOOTBALL!!!
bcdc

Chisago City, MN

#2 Jan 6, 2011
Keep Rice, Greenway, Robinson, Cook

The rest can go..
Frett Bahrfve

Durham, CT

#3 Jan 6, 2011
Hi fans! This is your old buddy Frett Bahrfve here! Don't worry, I'll be back next year! I love the Viqueen fans. They are real suckers...er I mean fans!

“HHhhhoooowwwlll”

Since: Feb 08

Craigville

#4 Jan 6, 2011
bcdc wrote:
Keep Rice, Greenway, Robinson, Cook
The rest can go..
Robinson?
Is he the laundry guy?
Steve

Plymouth, MN

#6 Jan 7, 2011
Frett Bahrfve wrote:
Hi fans! This is your old buddy Frett Bahrfve here! Don't worry, I'll be back next year! I love the Viqueen fans. They are real suckers...er I mean fans!
You got it right! the fans are the suckers! anyone who would pay 85 bucks for 11 minutes of NFL "entertainment" are nuts. NFL fans are the who PT Barnum was talking about when he muttered "there's one born every.."
fracas

Tucson, AZ

#7 Jan 7, 2011
I wonder what the status of 2010 4th round pick Griffin is? He hardly played, based on the games I saw down here in Arizona.

I think the team takes a BIG step backward if they let Rice or Greenway go. I also think Edwards is still their best LDE. Robison is better suited to being a backup passrusher. Longwell probably returns as clutch kickers are not to be valued lightly.

The rest pretty much don't matter. There are a hundred guys out there like Lito, Walker, Cook, Leber, etc.. The vikes might as well get younger and cheaper.
Edge

Duluth, MN

#8 Jan 7, 2011
Frett Bahrfve wrote:
Same to you yellowbelly.
Common sense

Mankato, MN

#9 Jan 7, 2011
Why not keep Tavaris? They want a stop gap QB for a year, 2 at best. He knows the system, doesn't cost an arm and a leg, seems to do fine as a backup,will get playing time to develope as a new stud QB comes in the draft. Then he may have more worth and can be traded for a 3rd -4th rounder in a couple years. They already don't expect to win in the next year or two so QB shouldn't be a major consideration except the drafting of one.

Since: Nov 10

Location hidden

#10 Jan 7, 2011
Why, oh why can't McKinnie be a free agent? They should just change his name to dead weight.
Scott

Chicago, IL

#12 Jan 7, 2011
Common sense wrote:
Why not keep Tavaris? They want a stop gap QB for a year, 2 at best. He knows the system, doesn't cost an arm and a leg, seems to do fine as a backup,will get playing time to develope as a new stud QB comes in the draft. Then he may have more worth and can be traded for a 3rd -4th rounder in a couple years. They already don't expect to win in the next year or two so QB shouldn't be a major consideration except the drafting of one.
Jackson is not an NFL quarterback and would never get traded for a draft pick. There will be a new offensive coordinator thus a new offensive system. It took him how many years to be mediocre at Chilly's and Bevell's philsophy? And with no more Tahi dump off passes, he will struggle to complete a pass. Goodbye Tavaris.
Tony

Fairburn, GA

#13 Jan 7, 2011
Replace Beville first, fix the oline immediately so a QB can survive no matter who it is. Sign Greenway and sign the Chargers tackle and wide receiver who will be free agents. Let Rice go then as he really is slow and Favre made him into an elite wr.
Purple Haze

Center City, MN

#14 Jan 7, 2011
They still have the ability to use a Franchise tag and a Transition tag so they could lock up both Rice and Greenway for one year while they negotiate longer term deals.
Huge Jazz

Qu├ębec, Canada

#15 Jan 7, 2011
Keep Greenway, Rice and maybe Robison. I like that guy.

Trade McKinney for draft picks or anyone more mobile than a phone booth.

The rest are expendable/interchangeable/exp ensive.
hdog

Minneapolis, MN

#16 Jan 7, 2011
Let's start with a brand new offensive line.
Straight cash homey

Duluth, MN

#17 Jan 7, 2011
Sign Greenway, Rice, Leber, Longwell, Robison and Evans - with Greenway being the only one worth overpaying for if necessary. The others? For the most part it's addition by subtraction.
surebet

Saint Joseph, MN

#18 Jan 7, 2011
McKinney is one of the most laziest linemen in the NFL. Did you see the play at TCF stadium when the Bears slammed Favre to the ground? Who else standing around acting STUPID AND LOOKING LAZY...McKinney missing a blocking assignment as USUAL!!!!! He should be the first one on the chopping block to GO!!!! Greenway and Rice would be a ROOKIE MISTAKE to part with. If that happens all based on MONEY... Then it's time to start from scratch. If not based on MONEY..then the OWNER is very STUPID on letting this HAPPEN!
linus

Evanston, IL

#19 Jan 7, 2011
According to this article: http://www.nfl.com/news/story/09000d5d80864e1... , players need 5 years of service to become free agents this year. Rice has only 4, so he will not be a free agent (unless a new CBA states otherwise).
surebet

Saint Joseph, MN

#20 Jan 7, 2011
The Vikes need major HELP on both sides of the OFFENSIVE and DEFENSIVE line of scrimmage to contend.

“HHhhhoooowwwlll”

Since: Feb 08

Craigville

#21 Jan 7, 2011
I would trade Rice now, he has already proven to be a 'me' player even though he may continue on with a great career. Yes, I'm still miffed at him for his hip decisions.
Lets keep

Cincinnati, OH

#22 Jan 7, 2011
Greenway, Robison, Frampton, Rice. Cook needs to go. If that is what we call versatile, then I don't want it.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 4
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Sidney Rice Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Seahawks' Rice has torn ACL (Oct '13) Oct '13 Laughing Bear Fan 10
News Seattle Seahawks Can Win Without Percy Harvin (Jul '13) Jul '13 Cook 1
News Seattle Seahawks: Tarvaris Jackson Will Beat Br... (Jun '13) Jun '13 viking nation 5
News Vikings' leading receiver Sidney Rice has hip s... (Aug '10) Jan '13 Mitch 28
News Seattle Seahawks WR Carousel Keeps Spinning wit... (Oct '12) Oct '12 charles 1
News 10 things to know for Tuesday (Sep '12) Sep '12 Ed Hochuloogie 4
News Irvin waits for his chance to shine for Seahawks (Aug '12) Aug '12 Anthony 1
More from around the web