Receiver Sidney Rice plans to test fr...

Receiver Sidney Rice plans to test free agency, not sign with Vikings

There are 19 comments on the TwinCities.com story from Feb 28, 2011, titled Receiver Sidney Rice plans to test free agency, not sign with Vikings. In it, TwinCities.com reports that:

It appears Vikings wide receiver Sidney Rice is ready to wait out the NFL's impending lockout in order to find out what he's worth on the open market.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at TwinCities.com.

Since: May 10

United States

#1 Mar 1, 2011
Okay, is anybody really surprised by this news on Rice? If the CBA isn't settled by the time of the draft, it will certainly mess with the Viking's plans. Think about it, Harvin, Berrian, Camarillo, Lewis, and Basket are what we field for receivers. We're screwed.
Anonymous

Ridgefield Park, NJ

#2 Mar 1, 2011
Rice should sign with Green Bay.
Danni

Franklin, WI

#3 Mar 1, 2011
We don't want Rice. You're the ones obsessed with taking all OUR players. We can get them on our own just fine. GO PACK!! SUPER BOWL CHAMPIONS!!!
Laughing Bear Fan

Littleton, CO

#4 Mar 1, 2011
Danni wrote:
We don't want Rice. You're the ones obsessed with taking all OUR players. We can get them on our own just fine. GO PACK!! SUPER BOWL CHAMPIONS!!!
You don't want Rice yet Condaleeza is your most beautiful cheerleader? Talk about your bar scene in Star Wars, I mean the group photo for the Packer Cheerleaders
Lone Wolf McQuade

Minneapolis, MN

#5 Mar 1, 2011
I did some research and found out that the Minnesota Vikings are named after Scandinavian explorers and warriors from the past.

I don't know if the Vikings of old were also stupid though.
Beecharmer

United States

#6 Mar 1, 2011
Vikings better hope for a lock out.
Danni

Franklin, WI

#7 Mar 1, 2011
Hey Laughing Bears fan: What do cheerleaders have to do with anything? That's all you got? Still P***ed off about losing the NFC Champ game! A little bitter are we?
Laughing Bear Fan

Littleton, CO

#8 Mar 1, 2011
Danni wrote:
Hey Laughing Bears fan: What do cheerleaders have to do with anything? That's all you got? Still P***ed off about losing the NFC Champ game! A little bitter are we?
I'm not bitter. I gave/give the Pack their props. How did you ever let Elway beat you to win a superbowl? With such "proud" tradition you let an 0-fer beat you. Whats up with that? Maybe the 'proud" tradition is a code word for gay pride. Lets see: Gay Bastard Pride has the acronym GBP. Coincidence? I think not. Your cheerleaders are skanks Danni. Lets hope they have a job next year considering what is going on in WI. Enjoy your off-season and rest assured I will be ripping the pack too
Danni

Milwaukee, WI

#9 Mar 1, 2011
Again, I ask what do cheerleaders have to do with anything? Pretty lame argument to me. I could care less if we have "skanky" cheerleaders or not. That's not what I watch football for. By the way, I would have rooted for "your Bears" if you'd won that game. I am an NFC faithful fan. You're the one with the problem. Or maybe just eaten alive with envy.
Warren Sapp

Spring Hill, FL

#10 Mar 1, 2011
No matter where Rice goes, he'll never be able to fart as loud as I can.
VIKING fannowlivinginwi

Cumberland, WI

#11 Mar 1, 2011
[QUOTE who=Danni Hey Laughing Bears fan: What do cheerleaders have to do with anything? That's all you got? Still P***ed off about losing the NFC Champ game! A little bitter are we?[/QUOTE]

well the truth hurts regarding the cheerleaders and the woman in town also. way too much cheese i say
Deer Tracks

Yankton, SD

#12 Mar 2, 2011
The Vikings player roster has Rice's replacement listed...Emmanuel Arceneaux(?), 6'2, 211 lbs, 23 years old..The film I watched on him shows outstanding leaping ability, has great hands on catching the ball, can also run like a deer...He is so new to the Viking Team, that they haven't even given him a jersey number..If Rice leaves, give Arceneaux that number...
PRIJONPRO

Oyens, IA

#13 Mar 2, 2011
I agree with Deer Tracks! I also think the Vikings should try to trade the Bengals the twelfth pick for Carson Palmer and their 35th pick!! They can then take Cam Newton and Vikings can take Kapernick to develop at 35. QB problems solved.
Carl Eller

Fargo, ND

#14 Mar 2, 2011
I wish I could have played against that sissy welcome mat McKinnie. what a putz. and any NFL exec should know that! Apparently the "brain trust" in the Vikes front office are asleep at the wheel AGAIN.
Nick Tingelhoff

Fargo, ND

#15 Mar 2, 2011
They should change the Vikes colors to Pompous Purple. Wow, big news is that a receiver with 17 catches and screwed up a whole season, IE. Rice, is a big loss. We are in trouble.
Pa Vikefan

New Albany, PA

#16 Mar 3, 2011
Don't let the door hit you in the *** on your way out. This is a non story, I think we all realized he was done playing for us when he waited on his surgery.
eric

Marshfield, WI

#17 Mar 3, 2011
Hot Condom Jelly wrote:
Rice should sign with Green Bay.
wouldnt that be a switch.Id take Rice in a heartbeat!

Since: May 10

United States

#18 Mar 4, 2011
eric wrote:
<quoted text>wouldnt that be a switch.Id take Rice in a heartbeat!
NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! As if things weren't bad enough this year. Sheesh, I don't even want to think about you guys getting an upgrade at RB let alone a potential top 5 WR - from OUR roster! Take Berrian! We'll throw in Baskett and Lewis for free! While you're at it, take McKinnie and Madieu Williams. That will help create parity in the division once again.
eric

Marshfield, WI

#19 Mar 5, 2011
Greg Jennings and Sidney Rice,has a nice ring to it doesnt it?( dont worry,it wont happen,but,,,,,,,)

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Sidney Rice Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Seahawks' Rice has torn ACL (Oct '13) Oct '13 Laughing Bear Fan 10
News Seattle Seahawks Can Win Without Percy Harvin (Jul '13) Jul '13 Cook 1
News Seattle Seahawks: Tarvaris Jackson Will Beat Br... (Jun '13) Jun '13 viking nation 5
News Vikings' leading receiver Sidney Rice has hip s... (Aug '10) Jan '13 Mitch 29
News Seattle Seahawks WR Carousel Keeps Spinning wit... (Oct '12) Oct '12 charles 1
News 10 things to know for Tuesday (Sep '12) Sep '12 Ed Hochuloogie 4
News Irvin waits for his chance to shine for Seahawks (Aug '12) Aug '12 Anthony 1
More from around the web