Jacksonville Jaguars running back Maurice Jones-Drew making a n...

Full story: Orlando Sentinel

You wouldn't expect a block to be the most memorable play a dynamic running back made all season.

Comments

Showing posts 1 - 16 of16
Steve Small

Orlando, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#1
Aug 14, 2008
 
Your column deserved to be top of page today.Great story,well told.
Thanks
MJD Jax Jag Fan

Jacksonville, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#2
Aug 14, 2008
 

Judged:

1

1

1

MJD is a CLASS act. Reggie Bush got all the hype but NEVER has come close to MJD both on and off the field. MJD is involved in many community activities in addition to the ones you know about. He is extremely personable, has a fantastic sense of humor and his family loyalty and family values are very evident. He is now a very proud parent of Maurice Jr. as well. Chad Johnson, Chris Henry, Reggie Bush, Marshawn Lynch, Adam 'Pacman' Jones and all the rest of the classless members of the NFL should be looking UP to MJD AND FRED TAYLOR as well. If they became half of what MJD and Freddy T are, they would become the type of players the NFL is SUPPOSED to have. MJD stands out in the crowd. It's not just in the heighth...it's also in the heart!!
Robert

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#3
Aug 14, 2008
 
I was an original Oralndo Magic season ticket holder and kept them for several seasons after I moved to JAX. Orlando is missing-out by not supporting this Jaguars. Yeah, I know, the Bucs are a little closer and the Phins are more established. The Jaguars are for real and are truly worth the short trip up 95. Jones-Drew exemplifies the "team first" mentality promoted by Del Rio.
Becoming a Harvey hater

Deland, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#4
Aug 15, 2008
 
Hey Harvey...take a lesson from this class act and get on the team. idiot!
Russ

Poplar Bluff, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#5
Aug 15, 2008
 
Awesome article. I always love to see an nfl player that has the level of humility that mjd has. I don't think many professional sports players really appreciate the level they're at in their lives because of all the hype they get caught up in. By the way, this article has to have set a record for most use of the words Jones and Drew
Dustin

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#6
Aug 15, 2008
 
Why are they still talking about Jones-Drew's block on Merriman? Merriman was out of position and Jones-Drew pushed him to the ground... wow. I don't know why so many people are so high and Jones-Drew... he's pretty overrated. It's sad that as a running back the play people remember most so far in your career is the one time you were able to block Shawne Merriman. Merriman wins that battle 9 times out of 10.

LIGHTS OUT!
dustin_please

Orange Park, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#7
Aug 15, 2008
 
mighty mouse has put many a surprise block on the big guys, and should get even more credit for his blocking skills. he has become my favorite all around player due to his 100% 24/7 attitude towards ANYTHING he needs to do in order to WIN.
Matt Rainey

Birmingham, AL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#8
Aug 15, 2008
 
Huge Jag Fanatic, and Jones-Drew is on of the best, and his story is amazing, I just wish i could make to every home game this year!!!!!
Matt Rainey

Birmingham, AL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#9
Aug 15, 2008
 
Huge Jag Fanatic, and Jones-Drew is on of the best, and his story is amazing, I just wish i could make to every home game this year!!!!!
ADD

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#10
Aug 15, 2008
 
Dustin wrote:
Why are they still talking about Jones-Drew's block on Merriman? Merriman was out of position and Jones-Drew pushed him to the ground... wow. I don't know why so many people are so high and Jones-Drew... he's pretty overrated. It's sad that as a running back the play people remember most so far in your career is the one time you were able to block Shawne Merriman. Merriman wins that battle 9 times out of 10.
LIGHTS OUT!
Wow. How about his kick off return in the playoffs last year that single handedly changed the pace of the game into the Jags favor? How about a 5+ ypc average since he's been in the league? How about the fact that the only two people to have more yards from scrimmage than him the last two years are LT and brian Westbrook? You can have Merriman. Want to talk about overrated? Whenever a little back gets in his way he gets put on his A$$. Freddy T & Mighty Mouse!!!
Riley

Jacksonville, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#11
Aug 15, 2008
 
ADD wrote:
<quoted text>
Wow. How about his kick off return in the playoffs last year that single handedly changed the pace of the game into the Jags favor? How about a 5+ ypc average since he's been in the league? How about the fact that the only two people to have more yards from scrimmage than him the last two years are LT and brian Westbrook? You can have Merriman. Want to talk about overrated? Whenever a little back gets in his way he gets put on his ****. Freddy T & Mighty Mouse!!!
Well said but you forgot about how Merriman is a cheat. Takes steroids and still can't get past little Maurice. Jags all the way this year!
David

Columbus, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#12
Aug 16, 2008
 
Jones-Drew is one of the best. Now the Jags will keep moving towards a Championship soon. GO JAGS!!!!!!!!!!
LatinJag

Baltimore, MD

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#13
Aug 16, 2008
 
You are right Robert but I want to add also is the CBS management in Orlando are Fins fans. They will put a Dolphin game over a Jaguar anytime if it is on the same kick off time. Even if Orlando is in the secondary market area for the Jaguars and not for the Fins. Depressing fact.
Anyway, MoJo should had been the offensive rookie of the year over Vince Young no doubt, is only a popularity award anayway.
Robert wrote:
I was an original Oralndo Magic season ticket holder and kept them for several seasons after I moved to JAX. Orlando is missing-out by not supporting this Jaguars. Yeah, I know, the Bucs are a little closer and the Phins are more established. The Jaguars are for real and are truly worth the short trip up 95. Jones-Drew exemplifies the "team first" mentality promoted by Del Rio.
Todd - Jacksonville

Fairport, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#14
Aug 18, 2008
 

Judged:

1

1

1

The size of Jones-Drew's heart makes up for his lack of height.. This young man is a TRUE role model in our community and sets the standard for all athletics.

Since: Feb 08

Mechanicsburg, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#15
Aug 11, 2011
 
NFL Access put up the question of JD's comments recently that he was not sorry for making the remarks about Cutler in the NFC Championship game. I'm with Jamie Dukes on this one where Dukes explained all JD did was be the first to tweet what many thought and or tweeted at the moment.

JD should not be apologetic for telling the truth.
Apologeticfarts

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#16
Sep 7, 2011
 
Tellingfarts...

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 16 of16
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Shawne Merriman Discussions

Search the Shawne Merriman Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Who to Draft First? (Dec '11) Dec '11 kingtw1 1
Ben Reiter: Postcard from camp: Bills (Aug '11) Aug '11 Pajamas 1
Merriman officially finished with Chargers (Nov '10) Nov '10 triple6vamp 1
Chargers' Merriman inactive on Sunday (Oct '10) Oct '10 Jim 1
San Diego Chargers: Off To Their Usual Slow Sta... (Sep '10) Sep '10 A-ron 3
Chargers' Mathews gets normal exhibition workload (Aug '10) Aug '10 Rodney 1
Does Shawne Merriman Hold Any Leverage Against ... (Jul '10) Jul '10 dane 1
•••
•••
•••
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••