Oakland Raiders-San Diego Chargers: Seven Things Raiders Need To Beat Bolts

Oct 9, 2010 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: BleacherReport

The Raiders play the Chargers at Oakland on Sunday. The 1-3 Raiders have struggled and have to beat the Chargers if they want to have a shot at winning the division.

Comments
1 - 16 of 16 Comments Last updated Oct 13, 2010
scsuperchargers

San Clemente, CA

#1 Oct 9, 2010
raiders = "a shot at winning the division"? bahahaha NOPE.

oakland has a minute chance of winning this sunday if and ONLY IF the chargers continue to defeat themselves with special teams coverage on the road.

meanwhile, the 1-2 mathews/tolbert punch will produce 150+ rushing yds & rivers will connect with both gates & floyd for td's

sd- 34
oak- 13

14 and counting...

“PLAY TO WIN”

Since: Jul 09

OG, "so cal."

#2 Oct 9, 2010
scsuperchargers wrote:
raiders = "a shot at winning the division"? bahahaha NOPE.
oakland has a minute chance of winning this sunday if and ONLY IF the chargers continue to defeat themselves with special teams coverage on the road.
meanwhile, the 1-2 mathews/tolbert punch will produce 150+ rushing yds & rivers will connect with both gates & floyd for td's
sd- 34
oak- 13
14 and counting...
(lol) whats up sc, long time no see. do not misjudge these RAIDERS of 2010. i know we kind of look the same as the past seven years to you but the streak ends here! i run my mouth because of the confidence i have on sundays game. i would put my tail between my leggs but, it's not happenning. you probably think RAIDERS are just going to bow down to you. NOT HAPPENIN'. we get in the red zone and now we score. we open holes for our running back m bush. we cut your (wr's) with nnamdi asomugha. and we will stop the run on your non LT's. your (qb) and your (te) will be pissed that they can't connect. it's the RAIDERS of 2010 baby. this ain't yester year. we either put up or shut up. and you know we ain't shutting up! that's right, get nervous we will beat your 2-2 lousy team!
GO RAIDERS!!! IT'S A RAIDER THANG!

RAIDERS 20
chargers17
OT!
RaiderFaith

Knightdale, NC

#3 Oct 9, 2010
Been a long time SC...where you been hiding?
Ok so Raiders still need an O-Line. And one of our better D-Line is out with an Injury for 3-6 weeks. That being said, the one thing the Raiders have done the last couple years is beat teams that no one thought we would. So although I know we aren't "there" yet....don't be too comfortable as the Raiders have a tendency to step up when everyone counts them out. Look at it this way we are 1-3 you guys are 2-2. Both teams should be better than they are, difference is we are rebuilding and making progress....you guys are getting worse. I like my chances...that's all I am saying! Much needed luck to you. Still Bleeding Silver & Black over here!!!!

“RaiderNation of Domination”

Since: May 07

Some West Texas County

#4 Oct 9, 2010
scsuperchargers wrote:
raiders = "a shot at winning the division"? bahahaha NOPE.
oakland has a minute chance of winning this sunday if and ONLY IF the chargers continue to defeat themselves with special teams coverage on the road.
meanwhile, the 1-2 mathews/tolbert punch will produce 150+ rushing yds & rivers will connect with both gates & floyd for td's
sd- 34
oak- 13
14 and counting...
If I was a charger fan I'd be saying 15 and counting...Every week the Raiders seem to have a different issue. The Defensive front 7 would vastly improve with an impoved OL that can help the offense keep the field longer. Sebass has no excuse for missing a 32 yarder as time expires. Until that happens I have no hopes but I hope my Raiders prove me wrong, but I don't see it happening
scsuperchargers

San Clemente, CA

#5 Oct 10, 2010
NOOOOOOOOO!!! well done raiders & raiders fans.
scsuperchargers

San Clemente, CA

#6 Oct 10, 2010
RAIDER MISTERIO OG wrote:
<quoted text>(lol) whats up sc, long time no see. do not misjudge these RAIDERS of 2010. i know we kind of look the same as the past seven years to you but the streak ends here! i run my mouth because of the confidence i have on sundays game. i would put my tail between my leggs but, it's not happenning. you probably think RAIDERS are just going to bow down to you. NOT HAPPENIN'. we get in the red zone and now we score. we open holes for our running back m bush. we cut your (wr's) with nnamdi asomugha. and we will stop the run on your non LT's. your (qb) and your (te) will be pissed that they can't connect. it's the RAIDERS of 2010 baby. this ain't yester year. we either put up or shut up. and you know we ain't shutting up! that's right, get nervous we will beat your 2-2 lousy team!
GO RAIDERS!!! IT'S A RAIDER THANG!
RAIDERS 20
chargers17
OT!
well said (for the most part) og!

go lakers.
see you in sd!
scsuperchargers

San Clemente, CA

#7 Oct 10, 2010
TexasRaider wrote:
<quoted text>
If I was a charger fan I'd be saying 15 and counting...Every week the Raiders seem to have a different issue. The Defensive front 7 would vastly improve with an impoved OL that can help the offense keep the field longer. Sebass has no excuse for missing a 32 yarder as time expires. Until that happens I have no hopes but I hope my Raiders prove me wrong, but I don't see it happening
uhhhh, how about 1 & counting? congrats TR. way to stop the run, capitalize on several turnovers & of course, torch out special teams!
scsuperchargers

San Clemente, CA

#8 Oct 10, 2010
RaiderFaith wrote:
Been a long time SC...where you been hiding?
Ok so Raiders still need an O-Line. And one of our better D-Line is out with an Injury for 3-6 weeks. That being said, the one thing the Raiders have done the last couple years is beat teams that no one thought we would. So although I know we aren't "there" yet....don't be too comfortable as the Raiders have a tendency to step up when everyone counts them out. Look at it this way we are 1-3 you guys are 2-2. Both teams should be better than they are, difference is we are rebuilding and making progress....you guys are getting worse. I like my chances...that's all I am saying! Much needed luck to you. Still Bleeding Silver & Black over here!!!!
good call faith. "much needed luck to you" = no joke.

as far as hiding, nah... with virtually NO OTHER sd fans on topix, i tend to gravitate towards lakers threads. as the chargers find their stride and go on another 11 game win streak this season, you'll see me around more often.

best of luck to you.
scsuperchargers

San Clemente, CA

#9 Oct 10, 2010
TR- "torch our special teams"
Freddy

Granger, IN

#10 Oct 10, 2010
scsuperchargers wrote:
<quoted text>
good call faith. "much needed luck to you" = no joke.
as far as hiding, nah... with virtually NO OTHER sd fans on topix, i tend to gravitate towards lakers threads. as the chargers find their stride and go on another 11 game win streak this season, you'll see me around more often.
best of luck to you.
Good Luck to you too. A "grow-up" win for the Raiders. They didn't give-up (when they had every excuse to give-up) and they prevailed. Can they do it again next week?
RaiderFaith

Knightdale, NC

#11 Oct 10, 2010
My two cents...
Freddy Nailed it...we didn't give up! Everything in that game says we should have lost, but they never gave up. Our D was possessed when they needed to be. Two Blocked punts??? for 9 points??? that's ridiculous!!!!! Picking up a fumble on the one yard line and getting a few yards? Knocking the ball out of Rivers hand and running it back for a TD??? Never give up. Our O-line is awful but Campbell did well filling in. Had a couple of decent drives with the help of "Second Effort" Bush!

“RaiderNation of Domination”

Since: May 07

Some West Texas County

#12 Oct 10, 2010
scsuperchargers wrote:
<quoted text>
uhhhh, how about 1 & counting? congrats TR. way to stop the run, capitalize on several turnovers & of course, torch out special teams!
Well, I didn't see it coming but I'm glad it did. Maybe this is the start of a new beginging for us. Our offense managed the clock better than they have been so that helped out defense a lot. I still think the AFC west is up for grabs this year and all 4 teams have a chance.
scsuperchargers

San Clemente, CA

#13 Oct 10, 2010
big win for you guys.

kill denver in a few weeks!
robert

Chino Hills, CA

#14 Oct 11, 2010
scsuperchargers wrote:
raiders = "a shot at winning the division"? bahahaha NOPE.
oakland has a minute chance of winning this sunday if and ONLY IF the chargers continue to defeat themselves with special teams coverage on the road.
meanwhile, the 1-2 mathews/tolbert punch will produce 150+ rushing yds & rivers will connect with both gates & floyd for td's
sd- 34
oak- 13
14 and counting...
about time our time got some breaks from the officials. even with a phantom PI and a mysterious defensive holding. our Raiders just beat down their o-line in the end.

oh yeah , how about those cbs raider hater announcers. they suck and now they are eating their words about how the Raiders don't finish the game. bet their bookies are very happy hahahahahaha.

“PLAY TO WIN”

Since: Jul 09

OG, "so cal."

#15 Oct 12, 2010
scsuperchargers wrote:
<quoted text>
well said (for the most part) og!
go lakers.
see you in sd!
it's on! go lakers.
GO RAIDERS!!!!=)
scsuperchargers

Garden Grove, CA

#16 Oct 13, 2010
RAIDER MISTERIO OG wrote:
<quoted text>it's on! go lakers.
GO RAIDERS!!!!=)
that's right og. i got tix to opening night- ring ceremony!!! it will be especially great seeing trevor ariza's rockets coming to LA for the ring ceremony! haha, that sucker.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Shaun Phillips Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Tom Brady, Patriots rally past 24-point Broncos... (Nov '13) Dec '13 Streetrunner 2
Denver Broncos' Pass Defense Shines in Victory (Oct '13) Oct '13 Anonymous 1
Von Miller to serve 6-game suspension (Aug '13) Aug '13 Go Blue Forever 3
San Diego Chargers v Pittsburgh Steelers (Sep '11) Sep '11 Readerfarts 2
Does Shawne Merriman Hold Any Leverage Against ... (Jul '10) Jul '10 dane 1
Nuts & Bolts: Chargers have long rap sheets (Mar '10) Mar '10 DICK JOHNSON 1
Phillips: Don't expect any holiday cheer in Chr... (Dec '09) Dec '09 scsuperchargers 3
•••
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••

Shaun Phillips People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••