Nolan insists no QB decision made

Nolan insists no QB decision made

There are 7 comments on the Daily Democrat story from Aug 13, 2008, titled Nolan insists no QB decision made. In it, Daily Democrat reports that:

Mike Nolan insists that no decision has been made regarding a starting quarterback.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Daily Democrat.

Dean

Laramie, WY

#1 Aug 14, 2008
Can these guys proofread their articles before they post them. At least hit the spellcheck button! He's worrried about who the starting quarterback is when he should be concerned about mastering the english language.
Tony

Bethpage, NY

#2 Aug 14, 2008
Look, don't juge the spalling in the artecle. But read what the massage is. Ok seriously I did not see one thing that would put JT above Alex or Hill. If Nolan makes JT the starter this year and we have to suffer through another "rookie" (JT has never started in the NFL) season for our starting quarterback, I hope Nolan is willing to pack his bags. Alex has not had a fair shot at his starting role because the Niners have been through a tough rebuilding phase since he game into the NFL. He is young and could really develop into a good QB. Alex was injured last year and if anyone else had a 3rd degree shoulder separation they would have gave more time to heal but Nolan sitting on the side lines decided to throw him back in early. I have not been on the “Nolan Hate Wagon” until now. He is making a huge mistake with this QB shuffling stuff. Thanks for mending the QB relationship issues Nolan!
MIKE

San Francisco, CA

#3 Aug 14, 2008
I agree with this article...the organization is going to lose BIG if they dismiss Alex Smith, the kid has only played for 2yrs and then he got hurt in his 3rd season. Why is everyone blaming him for the way the season ended in 07, it not his fault..This organization is branding him a bust in the NFL after playing him for 2yrs and theyre quiting on him. What a lack of commitment and professionalism they showed this young man...
MICHAEL LAY

Loomis, CA

#4 Aug 14, 2008
NOLEN IS JUST DIGGEN A BIGGER HOLE FOR HIS CAREER AS COACH, TO FLIP THE SCRIPT ON THE HILLvs SMITH BATTLE this late is plan stupid u praise compation and how its open for anyone while the nobody JT OSULLVIN hoges the reps and playing time with the 1st team. ARE OFFENSE IS BAD ENOUGH AN NOW HAS NO LEADER AND DONT HAVE A CLUE WHEN THERE COACH WILL FIND ONE ALEX IS THE MOST TALENTED 7-5 is a good record considering the hell and stupidity the 49ers have put him through with through in him to the wolfs half way through his rookie career on the worst talented team in the leuge hint THE NUMBER ONE OVERALL PICK IN THE DRAFT.
Nolan is toast

United States

#5 Aug 14, 2008
Nolan's still butt hurt because of his relationship with Alex Smith, and how he ridiculed Smith for not being a man when Smith was playing with broken ribs and a separated shoulder--and an offensive line that couldn't block. Nolan was wrong then and he is wrong now. Nolan has made stupid game decisions. But worse, he has produced numerous stupid decisions in producing an offensive line that has been a sieve since he has been with the 9ers. Hostler was a stupid decision. I believe Nolan's power trips is about trading Alex Smith. Why else is Smith not part of the first squad? All I can say is this will backfire on Nolan--not Smith. Nolan is again preparing Smith for a less than average season; omitting Smith from first team squads to practice with receivers who won't even be starters. Nolan's decision making quandary just doesn't prepare Smith (again) for Martz's new system (Smith's 4th in 4 yrs). Contrasting this, Nolan has publicly mentioned he is interested in acquiring an experienced quarterback. So with Smith gone, Nolan wins the power struggle and and makes the 49ers another loosing competitor.
Jon

West Jordan, UT

#6 Aug 14, 2008
I am from Utah and watched Alex destroy the competion in college. He played in a system very similar to Martz. He was amazing when he had time and trusted his team. He has no line and his receivers rarely run the right routes. I would hesitate on my throws also. The whole organization has turned their back on this kid who was put in probably the worst situation in the league. Truely sad.
bullgumbo

Visalia, CA

#7 Aug 15, 2008
I wish the niners had drafted Flynn this year. Now I wish they would trade for him. I do feel for Smith, but it may be too late to salvage his career. There is only so much abuse a person can handle without getting jaded and basically ruined. He would have a better chance of succeeding with another team at this point.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Shaun Hill Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News NFL | Browns: Coach Mike Pettine says no team '... (Oct '15) Nov '15 Sam Testicle 10
News NFL: Patterson shines, Vikings crush Rams (Sep '14) Sep '14 Spielman 7
News Claiming Case Keenum Is A Savvy Move By St. Lou... (Sep '14) Sep '14 OBriens Butt-Chin 1
News Lions' offensive line's worst nightmare: Viking... (Sep '12) Oct '12 Aromofart 2
News More uproar about replacement officials (Sep '12) Sep '12 Ed Hochuloogie 7
News Kellen Moore Shows Some Improvement In Lions' S... (Aug '12) Aug '12 Terry Appell 1
News LinkedIn's IPO priced at $45 a share (May '11) May '11 Robert Gutierrez 1
More from around the web