Report: Vick to be suspended four gam...

Report: Vick to be suspended four games for 2009 season

There are 9 comments on the The Scores Report story from Jul 24, 2009, titled Report: Vick to be suspended four games for 2009 season. In it, The Scores Report reports that:

Posted by Anthony Stalter According to a report by ESPN.com, NFL commissioner Roger Goodell has decided to suspend Michael Vick for four games of the 2009 season, but said the free agent quarterback is free to sign with any team and can attend training camp.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Scores Report.

Janice

United States

#1 Jul 24, 2009
It is once again time for caring individuals, not only in the United States but throughout the world, to strike a blow for animals in general and our canine friends in particular. And all it takes is one fleeting moment to add your name to our Petition.

Michael Vick, former NFL quarterback, pleaded guilty to being the central figure in a dog fighting ring.

As Vick nears the end of his prison sentence and scheduled July 20, 2009 release, there has been talk of what he'll do when he's released. Will professional football welcome this criminal back? Can he recapture some of his lucrative product endorsements? How about an amends-making reality TV show? What about a radio talk-show?

But no matter how Vick tries to cash in on his criminal "celebrity" he must be stopped - because every benefit he obtains once released from prison will be derived not from his former football stardom, but from the publicity he received from his criminal abuse of dogs.

ISAR has taken it upon ourselves to lead that fight.
http://www.thepetitionsite.com/1/dont-let-mic...
DOWHATITDO2U2

Wyoming, MI

#2 Jul 24, 2009
It is JULY 24 - past his scheduled July 20 release date and he has already been "welcomed back" into the game. ISAR needs to find themselves a new fight.

They lost their ill convinced battle to keep Mike Vick out of the NFL ... and if they really want something to do, they should be fighting a greater cause which is STOPPING DOGFIGHTING, not just stopping one man who is not fighting dogs currently.
New York

United States

#3 Jul 24, 2009
DOWHATITDO2U2 wrote:
It is JULY 24 - past his scheduled July 20 release date and he has already been "welcomed back" into the game. ISAR needs to find themselves a new fight.
They lost their ill convinced battle to keep Mike Vick out of the NFL ... and if they really want something to do, they should be fighting a greater cause which is STOPPING DOGFIGHTING, not just stopping one man who is not fighting dogs currently.
He's not back yet. No one has made that announcement, it's all speculation.
DOWHATITDO2U2

Wyoming, MI

#4 Jul 24, 2009
New York wrote:
<quoted text>He's not back yet. No one has made that announcement, it's all speculation.
Agreed ... but this is a step in the direction I'd like to see him go in.
Janice

South Bend, IN

#5 Jul 24, 2009
New York wrote:
<quoted text>He's not back yet. No one has made that announcement, it's all speculation.
You are right
http://www.11alive.com/news/local/story.aspx...
He just thinks everyone will go away so they can talk about how it's only dogs and animal rights people are really racist, blah,blah,blah. But vick is going to receive flak in every aspect of his life for MANY years
The details that got to me then and stay with me today involve the swimming pool that was used to kill some of the dogs. Jumper cables were clipped onto the ears of underperforming dogs, then, just like with a car, the cables were connected to the terminals of car batteries before lifting and tossing the shamed dogs into the water. Most of Vick's dogs were small - 40lbs or so - so tossing them in would've been fast and easy work for thick athlete arms. We don't know how many suffered this premeditated murder, but the damage to the pool walls tells a story. It seems that while they were scrambling to escape, they scratched and clawed at the pool liner and bit at the dented aluminum sides like a hungry dog on a tin can.

I wear some pretty thick skin during our work with dogs, but I can't shake my minds-eye image of a little black dog splashing frantically in bloody water ... screaming in pain and terror ... brown eyes saucer wide and tiny black white-toed feet clawing at anything, desperate to get ahold. This death did not come quickly. The rescuer in me keeps trying to think of a way to go back in time and somehow stop this torture and pull the little dog to safety. I think I'll be looking for ways to pull that dog out for the rest of my life.

No, we will won't forget the dead bodies he left behind
Janice

South Bend, IN

#6 Jul 24, 2009
And I want to see the person that's keeping Vick from going to dogfights this minute. i want to know this person keeeping him accountable in Newport News
Deb

AOL

#7 Jul 26, 2009
Why are any of you surprised the NFL would take him back? He comes from a generation where morals and integrity is disdained and treated as weakness. He thinks he is the unappreciated center of the universe. We should all make the NFL aware that it's unacceptable to have him representing pro sports in America.
Raven

Spring Hill, KS

#8 Jul 26, 2009
Deb wrote:
Why are any of you surprised the NFL would take him back? He comes from a generation where morals and integrity is disdained and treated as weakness. He thinks he is the unappreciated center of the universe. We should all make the NFL aware that it's unacceptable to have him representing pro sports in America.
exactly
Fl Doglover

Spring Hill, KS

#9 Jul 26, 2009
Deb wrote:
priceless

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Shaun Hill Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News NFL | Browns: Coach Mike Pettine says no team '... (Oct '15) Nov '15 Sam Testicle 10
News NFL: Patterson shines, Vikings crush Rams (Sep '14) Sep '14 Spielman 7
News Claiming Case Keenum Is A Savvy Move By St. Lou... (Sep '14) Sep '14 OBriens Butt-Chin 1
News Lions' offensive line's worst nightmare: Viking... (Sep '12) Oct '12 Aromofart 2
News More uproar about replacement officials (Sep '12) Sep '12 Ed Hochuloogie 7
News Kellen Moore Shows Some Improvement In Lions' S... (Aug '12) Aug '12 Terry Appell 1
News LinkedIn's IPO priced at $45 a share (May '11) May '11 Robert Gutierrez 1
More from around the web