Schedules not kind for 49ers, Raiders

Schedules not kind for 49ers, Raiders

There are 28 comments on the Vallejo Times-Herald story from Jul 24, 2008, titled Schedules not kind for 49ers, Raiders. In it, Vallejo Times-Herald reports that:

As far as killing time around the office goes, nothing beats the NFL schedule debate.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Vallejo Times-Herald.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
RAIDERDLW

United States

#21 Jul 25, 2008
Hey Tim, I've been thinking... something you should try doing once in a while... anyway I was thinking maybe you should go into writing articles about politics.... because it's obvious you know nothing about football.... actually I take that back you can write about the 49ers. Their fans are as clueless as you : )
Sonny

Las Vegas, NV

#22 Jul 25, 2008
The Niners have what is considered a veteran QB in Smith. What is this his third or fourth year at the position. This is a make or brake season for this guy and he has already earned the BU and S in the word Bust and from the looks of things he should earn his T this coming year.

Now the Raiders on the other hand have a young developing QB in Russell with a skill set that has not been seen in years. This kid is the real deal and with time should become the envy of the NFL.

I remember back in the early eighties when my Fathers team the Bears were not very good. As I watched them in 83 and 84 I told my dad that this Bears team in a year or two would have to be reckoned with and he chuckled.

This Raiders team is loaded with great young talent and with a few more moves will have to be reckoned with for years to come. 2008 is going to go down as the year the Raiders started their rise from the ashes after trying to rebuild the old Championship team of a few years ago. They have a ways to go and have to put it all together but the sky is the limit for them over the next few years.

This Raider bunch over the next decade is going increase the number of 14 Conference Championship games the Great Raider Organization has played in through their history. When you consider that this great organization under Al Davis has played in 5 Super Bowls and you see that history has documented that the Raiders were literally a play away from playing in another 5 Super Bowls. That is almost 25% of every Super Bowl played to date that the under Al Davis's leadership the Raiders have played in or were knocking on the door to play in which is really stunning if you really think about it.

Mr Davis will be the first to tell you that the team had gotten away from him over the last few years. But if you look at the foundation of this young team on both sides of the ball it is plain to see that Mr. Davis is building a young team that should make some noise for years to come

It has been a rough 5 years and I just want to say thanks to Mr Davis, the greatest owner a football fan could ever wish to have. For rebuilding the old team of a few years ago with this young team with not only the talent but type of players that I always expected to see in the Silver and Black. This group is not just young and loaded with talent. But the Jerry Porter type of talented but soft players have been filled with talented players that have the type heart, courage and character to go along with their talent and this Raider team looks to be filled with what I always expected a Raider player to be.
monkey

Oakdale, CA

#23 Jul 25, 2008
Did this guy just watch espn???
snowshoe

Ione, CA

#24 Jul 25, 2008
Dear Editors, are you paying this guy for this?
Steven Vannoy

Bronx, NY

#25 Jul 26, 2008
Tim Scott
Calm down the season has not even started. And you do not have to put my beloved Raiders in the same class as the Forty-Faggots....I'll be happy to go 8-8 after whats happened over the last 5 seasons. But if things break right in this league filled with parity, there is no reason why the Raiders can;t do what the Browns did last year...Go Raiders...and the Chargers..and LT..no 200 yard game this year
Opinions are like Aholes

United States

#26 Jul 26, 2008
And you sir are the latter who has a shhhhhitty former

Since: Jul 08

Camp Coiner

#27 Jul 26, 2008
49ers need to hire Mike Singletary as Head Coach if they do not make the playoffs this year. Sorry Mike Nolan, but you gotta go if you can't win...cheya
RaiderDan Jr

United States

#28 Jul 27, 2008
Laughable article. I didnt know I was logged into theOnion.com My 10 year old son has better opinions and insight than this clown. By the way, if Mr. ImCloseTo100% is feeling up to it, that young fast Raider D would love to introduce our new SS Mr Wilson. That knee better be ready cause you arent getting any younger and this is the best the disChargers will be for another 10-15 years. Funny that the period of time that the true AFC Champs are in a rut, they cant seem to cash in. The window is closing LT and you know it, just ask Mike(OhShitTheRaidersAreComing ) ShannaRat. The future is Ours! RAIDERNATION CAN FEEL IT!!!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Shaun Hill Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News NFL | Browns: Coach Mike Pettine says no team '... (Oct '15) Nov '15 Sam Testicle 10
News NFL: Patterson shines, Vikings crush Rams (Sep '14) Sep '14 Spielman 7
News Claiming Case Keenum Is A Savvy Move By St. Lou... (Sep '14) Sep '14 OBriens Butt-Chin 1
News Lions' offensive line's worst nightmare: Viking... (Sep '12) Oct '12 Aromofart 2
News More uproar about replacement officials (Sep '12) Sep '12 Ed Hochuloogie 7
News Kellen Moore Shows Some Improvement In Lions' S... (Aug '12) Aug '12 Terry Appell 1
News LinkedIn's IPO priced at $45 a share (May '11) May '11 Robert Gutierrez 1
More from around the web