King: A dark cloud over playoffs

Jan 17, 2011 Full story: CNN 19

Drew Coleman and the Jets defense frustrated Tom Brady throughout Sunday's stunning 28-21 win over the Pats in Foxboro.

Full Story
Rex J Steelman

Slippery Rock, PA

#1 Jan 17, 2011
Interesting. Peter King, who originally picked the Steelers to beat the Packers in the SB, backed off that pick and siad the pats were going take it all. Now he's saying Roethlisberger and the Steelers will be all but helpless in the face of Rex Ryan's game-planning. Fine with me. I hope the media falls all over the Jets all week (and they will). After all, the Jets already proved they were the superior team a few weeks ago. Right? Sure.
Larry

Parkersburg, WV

#2 Jan 17, 2011
I was pretty sure the Steelers could beat the Ravens and they did. However we are getting down to the wire now and the teams coming up such as the Packers showed what they could do to disrupt a pretty daunting offense like the Pats. These next games are going to be true black and blue ,bloody games. I only hope that the Refs are on their "A" games but let the defence play their game and not throw a flag for every hard hit that occurs.
"Here we go Steelers here we go!!"
Stephen

Ronkonkoma, NY

#3 Jan 17, 2011
The teams left are all about the same. But Jetnation feels that they just played and won the Super Bowl.
Rex J Steelman

Slippery Rock, PA

#4 Jan 17, 2011
Stephen wrote:
The teams left are all about the same. But Jetnation feels that they just played and won the Super Bowl.
Good point. I wonder if that plays against them. They just finished an exhausting, emotional trial beating the hated enemy no one believed they could beat. For the Steelers, on the other hand, beating the Ravens may be tough, but emotionally it's business as usual.
sue

Marion, AR

#5 Jan 18, 2011
Stephen wrote:
oh no
18andDONEwithout CHEATING

Madison, IN

#6 Jan 18, 2011
A dark cloud, more like a happy bright cloud the most hated NFL team is now out of the playoffs.
Bob Roberts

Butler, PA

#7 Jan 18, 2011
18andDONEwithoutCHEATING wrote:
A dark cloud, more like a happy bright cloud the most hated NFL team is now out of the playoffs.
you got that right! did you see marsha brady lay an egg? what a great game!

Madison, IN

#8 Jan 18, 2011
Bob Roberts wrote:
<quoted text>
you got that right! did you see marsha brady lay an egg? what a great game!
Yep, I think his panties were in a wad again. And as for the game first off the last TD the Jets gave the Pats was a courtesy TD. And secondly the Jets Steelers game should be a hard nosed big time low scoring defensive game something the Patty Cake fans haven't seen since Brady's Giant superbowl loss and will never see again.

“Another 240 million”

Since: May 09

Up in smoke

#9 Jan 18, 2011
Rex J Steelman wrote:
Interesting. Peter King, who originally picked the Steelers to beat the Packers in the SB, backed off that pick and siad the pats were going take it all. Now he's saying Roethlisberger and the Steelers will be all but helpless in the face of Rex Ryan's game-planning. Fine with me. I hope the media falls all over the Jets all week (and they will). After all, the Jets already proved they were the superior team a few weeks ago. Right? Sure.
good post...they sure did and the funny part about it is the Steelers wont see one formation or defensive scheme they saw in that game....Rex and his staff will school the Steelers

Madison, IN

#10 Jan 18, 2011
momma chamberlin wrote:
<quoted text>good post...they sure did and the funny part about it is the Steelers wont see one formation or defensive scheme they saw in that game....Rex and his staff will school the Steelers
Should be a big hard nosed black and blue defensive game, something Patriots fans haven't seen since Teddy Bruschi retired and may never see again.
Rex J Steelman

Slippery Rock, PA

#11 Jan 19, 2011
momma chamberlin wrote:
<quoted text>good post...they sure did and the funny part about it is the Steelers wont see one formation or defensive scheme they saw in that game....Rex and his staff will school the Steelers
Serves me right for using sarcasm. One thing I did actually mean was that Ryan and his staff are excellent. They have a better OC than the Steelers, and while we upgraded at ST coaching over the offseason with Al Everest, it is obviously still a concern. We have the full equal (at least) to Ryan in our Head Coach, and we have the BEST DC who's ever coached the game. That, finally, is going to be the coaching difference, as it usually is.
Bob Roberts

Butler, PA

#12 Jan 19, 2011
momma chamberlin wrote:
just like rex schooled them in 09? just like rex schooled the colts in 2010? you funny.
Bob Roberts

Butler, PA

#13 Jan 19, 2011
Let's face folks, Rex Ryan is a loser. His brother is a loser too. In fact, Rex comes from a family of losers. His Dad's claim to fame was riding the coat tails of a great bears team that ditka coached. after that he started the losing tradition of his family by never winning another super bowl with the eagles, oilers and cardinals. his son proudly follows in his tradition and one upping him by losing 2 afc championship games in a row and soon to be 3!! LMAO!

Madison, IN

#14 Jan 19, 2011
Bob Roberts wrote:
Let's face folks, Rex Ryan is a loser. His brother is a loser too. In fact, Rex comes from a family of losers. His Dad's claim to fame was riding the coat tails of a great bears team that ditka coached. after that he started the losing tradition of his family by never winning another super bowl with the eagles, oilers and cardinals. his son proudly follows in his tradition and one upping him by losing 2 afc championship games in a row and soon to be 3!! LMAO!
Hey at least Rex Ryan got Tom Brady's panties in a wad again. And that's all that matters to me.
Deion Branch

United States

#15 Jan 19, 2011
I'm just so upset at the way those Jets players celebrated. I thought only we as Patriots were the only ones permitted to be so overly arrogant after a 14 win season. I am a huge crypuss.
Deion Branch

United States

#16 Jan 19, 2011
momma chamberlin wrote:
Look tool bag, the only schooling Rex will receive is how to get to the food court during half time. I am a cry baby by the way.

Madison, IN

#17 Jan 19, 2011
Deion Branch wrote:
<quoted text>
Look tool bag, the only schooling Rex will receive is how to get to the food court during half time. I am a cry baby by the way.
Or the next Nathan's hotdog eating contest:
http://www.blogcdn.com/backporch.fanhouse.com...

Oh wait I forgot he got his invitation to that two weeks ago.
Deion Branch

United States

#18 Jan 19, 2011
18andDONEwithoutCHEATING wrote:
<quoted text>
Or the next Nathan's hotdog eating contest:
http://www.blogcdn.com/backporch.fanhouse.com...
Oh wait I forgot he got his invitation to that two weeks ago.
Rex promised by on the side after the Patriots big melt down that he would take me to the Golden Coral Buffet. When we arrived he was balling like I did during the Jets post game celebration. Apparently he was banned from ever returning in what they called "The Dessert Buffet Massacre of 2010."

So he took me to Wang Rolls Chinese Buffet instead.

Madison, IN

#19 Jan 19, 2011
Deion Branch wrote:
<quoted text>
Rex promised by on the side after the Patriots big melt down that he would take me to the Golden Coral Buffet. When we arrived he was balling like I did during the Jets post game celebration. Apparently he was banned from ever returning in what they called "The Dessert Buffet Massacre of 2010."
So he took me to Wang Rolls Chinese Buffet instead.
What did he do, walk in there with a bunch of buckets or something?

PS.
Golden Carol and Home Town Buffet can both suck it their food is awful.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Shaun Ellis Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Notre Dame Football 2011: 5 Irish Players Who W... (Jul '11) Jul '11 BigDan 1
Rex and Roethlisberger big focal points (Jan '11) Jan '11 LOL 1
NFL Playoffs: Antonio Cromartie of New York Jet... (Jan '11) Jan '11 GMan in Cally 2
Rex Ryan Foot Fetish: Ranking New York Jets' St... (Dec '10) Dec '10 Bobby Logston 1
Ravens silence Jets in opener (Sep '10) Sep '10 Edge 4
Ravens spoil Jets' home opener (Sep '10) Sep '10 Chaos Undercover 1
Reality bites: Ravens show Jets real hard knock... (Sep '10) Sep '10 Paul bleeds Purple 3

Shaun Ellis People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE