Al Davis gives state of the Raiders

Oakland Raiders owner Al Davis rarely talks to the media anymore. So when Davis got the chance at a news conference announcing the hiring of Hue Jackson as his new head coach on Tuesday, he took the opportunity to address a number of issues. Full Story
raider65

United States

#1 Jan 18, 2011
I look forward to a great season next year. I hope we can hold on to a good percentage of our star players. Keep Bush..Nhamdi (at a reasonable cost)..Seymore..Gallery.. get another top CB... a quality veteran WR and a good OT...We will be great!!

“Lights Keep Coal Miners Busy..”

Since: Nov 09

Location hidden

#3 Jan 19, 2011
They're not gonna be Great Until Al Davis Gets the Hell Out Of The Way....
G-UNIT

Kansas City, MO

#4 Jan 19, 2011
We need nnamdi to come back and I wouldn't mind seeing vince young picked up next month plus we need bush huff miller gallery and seymor to stick around I think hue jackson already has players respect and showed big improvement just from his play calling cut out all the penaltys and raiders are a playoff team.........ATTENTION AL DAVIS LET HUE HAVE THE REINS AND JUST SHUT UP AND SET IN UR SUITE LIKE A GOOD OWNER!!!!!!!!!!
sports_all sports

Spring Hill, FL

#5 Jan 19, 2011
At the press conference, Al Davis had to change his diapers on 2 occasions.
harvey

Columbus, OH

#6 Jan 19, 2011
jesus, did you see the picture of Al that went with the article about the presser? he looks like a freakin' ZOMBIE! literally, Al Davis is one of the undead!

team's only hope is to stick to business, work with its (highly qualified) new coach, and hope the old man is finally buried..
Tehamawhiteneck

Chico, CA

#7 Jan 19, 2011
Al, you are looking a little under the weather, if you don't mind my saying so.
Oh Really

Oroville, CA

#8 Jan 19, 2011
Crack-Rabbit wrote:
They're not gonna be Great Until Al Davis Gets the Hell Out Of The Way....
That is a big 10-4, for the Raiders to return to winning, Crazy Al has to go!

“Stupidity should be outlawed”

Since: Nov 09

Redding, CA

#9 Jan 19, 2011
Al has needed to let go for years now. But, his daughter is next in line and I don't have such a great feeling about her running the show either. I have been a Raiders fan since I knew what football was. Back in the Stabler days if I have to date myself. This organization needs some football minded leadership not business type egos.

“PLAY TO WIN”

Since: Jul 09

OG, "so cal."

#10 Jan 19, 2011
RAIDERS they will get it done with AL DAVIS and hue jackson! this is it. this was the ticket al davis needed. when we get our championship "(2yrs)" i say, al davis will rest in peace! IF NOT, HE WILL HUNT YOU THE REST OF YOUR LIFE (lol)
GO RAIDERS!!!

“RaiderNation of Domination”

Since: May 07

Some West Texas County

#11 Jan 19, 2011
Al Davis has been haunting me ever since he traded Gruden...There is only one thing that will stop that haunting...THE CHAMPIONSHIP
Silver n Black Pub

Calgary, Canada

#12 Jan 19, 2011
Rsnake460 wrote:
Al has needed to let go for years now. But, his daughter is next in line and I don't have such a great feeling about her running the show either. I have been a Raiders fan since I knew what football was. Back in the Stabler days if I have to date myself. This organization needs some football minded leadership not business type egos.
Actually Mr. Davis has a son Mark. Perhaps you're thinking of Raider CEO Amy Trask

“PLAY TO WIN”

Since: Jul 09

OG, "so cal."

#13 Jan 20, 2011
TexasRaider wrote:
Al Davis has been haunting me ever since he traded Gruden...There is only one thing that will stop that haunting...THE CHAMPIONSHIP
(lol)
GO RAIDERS!!!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Shane Lechler Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Sebastian Janikowski wants to finish career wit... (Jun '13) Jun '13 Haleys Commet 5
Raiders' Kluwe, leading proponent for gay right... (May '13) May '13 The Autumn Wind 4
New Raiders punter Chris Kluwe says football is... (May '13) May '13 erie-vike fan 2
Report: P Kluwe signs 1-year deal with Raiders (May '13) May '13 Miguelscottbeltran 3
Raiders rebuilt 2013 team to meet for first tim... (Apr '13) Apr '13 The Autumn Wind 16
Bell: Rebuilding Raiders should trade Darren Mc... (Mar '13) Mar '13 Purple Faithful 10
Shane Lechler ecstatic about signing with Houst... (Mar '13) Mar '13 TexasRaider 5

Shane Lechler People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE