A look at the Raiders' free agents

A look at the Raiders' free agents

There are 5 comments on the ESPN story from Jan 25, 2009, titled A look at the Raiders' free agents. In it, ESPN reports that:

January 18, 2009 12:00 PM Oakland Raiders Key unrestricted free agents: Cornerback Nnamdi Asomugha and punter Shane Lechler .

Join the discussion below, or Read more at ESPN.

Rev Bobby Jones

Firebaugh, CA

#1 Jan 25, 2009
Lose Nnamdi and I'm gone!, and I'm sure millions of other Oakland Raider fans feel the same!!

“I knew it.Hank's a RaidersFan!”

Since: Feb 07

Raleigh, NC

#2 Jan 26, 2009
If you are gone because we lose Namdi...then you were never really a fan. That's one player. I want us to keep namdi as well...but it's not all up to the Raiders...Namdi may want to test the market. Which you can't blame him....we have been miserable the last several seasons...Why wouldn't he want to test the market and see if a team that has a high percentage chance to make the playoffs and possibly the SB. Yes I want to keep him but it would be idiotic to say you would stop following the Raiders because of one player. Your Moniker says Rev.? if you really are a Rev. do you teach your church members to quit when faced with adversity? I hope not for there sake, if so I reccomend you choose another profession
Rev Bobby Jones wrote:
Lose Nnamdi and I'm gone!, and I'm sure millions of other Oakland Raider fans feel the same!!

“RaiderNation of Domination”

Since: May 07

Some West Texas County

#3 Jan 26, 2009
Rev Bobby Jones wrote:
You're no Raider fan if you'd betray this football team because it loses one player. When I was a kid a lot of my classmates imposed as Raider fans because of Bo Jackson being one of the most popular athletes at the time, but when his career ended due to injury, I was the only one that was still a Raider fan.
Rev Bobby Jones

United States

#4 Jan 26, 2009
I think you mean to say the Raiders have no respect for the fans if they lose the one player we love, let alone the one of only two that made the pro-bowl, and all-pro. I know my football. You don't ever give up a player that comes once every 20 years, and you happen to be the team that has him! We will never, ever get another Nnamdi. He shuts down 1/2 the field (passing).There has only been a hand full of them in N.F.L. history. You don't get rid of him, you build around him and win super bowls!! Jesus is Lord!
RAIDER MISTERIO

AOL

#5 Jan 26, 2009
rev, if you gotta go because of namdi, then you gotta go! jesus left, and we are still jesus fans!
RAIDERS 2009!!!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Shane Lechler Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Sebastian Janikowski wants to finish career wit... (Jun '13) Jun '13 Haleys Commet 5
News Raiders' Kluwe, leading proponent for gay right... (May '13) May '13 The Autumn Wind 4
News New Raiders punter Chris Kluwe says football is... (May '13) May '13 erie-vike fan 2
News Report: P Kluwe signs 1-year deal with Raiders (May '13) May '13 Miguelscottbeltran 3
News Raiders rebuilt 2013 team to meet for first tim... (Apr '13) Apr '13 The Autumn Wind 16
News Bell: Rebuilding Raiders should trade Darren Mc... (Mar '13) Mar '13 Purple Faithful 10
News Shane Lechler ecstatic about signing with Houst... (Mar '13) Mar '13 TexasRaider 5