Raiders re-sign star P Lechler

Raiders re-sign star P Lechler

There are 8 comments on the CBS SportsLine story from Feb 18, 2009, titled Raiders re-sign star P Lechler. In it, CBS SportsLine reports that:

Pro Bowl punter Shane Lechler has agreed to a four-year contract to stay with the Oakland Raiders, the Associated Press has learned.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBS SportsLine.

RAIDER MISTERIO

AOL

#1 Feb 18, 2009
WOW! what a shocker!(LOL) only in oakland! i bet namdi stays too!
RAIDERS 2009!!!
RAIDER MISTERIO

AOL

#2 Feb 18, 2009
hey tex, what were we just talking about? hell yeah!(H.O.F.) baby! one more for the case!
RAIDERS 2009!!!
RAIDER MISTERIO

AOL

#3 Feb 18, 2009
FAITH, you got your wish man! woo hoo!(LOL) celebrate, celebrate!=)
RAIDERS 2009!!!

“RaiderNation of Domination”

Since: May 07

Some West Texas County

#4 Feb 19, 2009
RAIDER MISTERIO wrote:
hey tex, what were we just talking about? hell yeah!(H.O.F.) baby! one more for the case!
RAIDERS 2009!!!
Yeah, but keep in mind that the NFL doesn't see punters as HOF players. Ray Guy is still long overdue.

“I knew it.Hank's a RaidersFan!”

Since: Feb 07

Raleigh, NC

#6 Feb 19, 2009
I am wondering if Lechler keeps building his legacy(no pun intended) if it may start the talks of allowing a punter in....maybe put Guy and Lechler both in...that would be something!
TexasRaider wrote:
<quoted text>
Yeah, but keep in mind that the NFL doesn't see punters as HOF players. Ray Guy is still long overdue.

Some West Texas County

#7 Feb 19, 2009
RaiderFaith wrote:
I am wondering if Lechler keeps building his legacy(no pun intended) if it may start the talks of allowing a punter in....maybe put Guy and Lechler both in...that would be something!<quoted text>
Guy has been nominated for the last I don't know how many years. He is the best punter ever that is HOF eligible. If Lechler keeps up his good working progress, then he'll deserve to get in. Excuses on Ray Guy have run out. He had a job as a punter and he did it well. Shane Lechler has the same job as a punter and does it well. As far as I know punters are allowed in or else they wouldn't get nominated; they just haven't been getting voted in.
RAIDER MISTERIO

AOL

#8 Feb 19, 2009
RAIDER MISTERIO wrote:
WOW! what a shocker!(LOL) only in oakland! i bet namdi stays too!
RAIDERS 2009!!!
well we got them both! good start for our season and heading the right direction =) tex, hopefully lechler does start something at end of his carreer for future H.O.F and it would also be good if both guys entered. they eventually will and r guy will be voted in this time. they will eventually say, he will be the first punter ever in the H.O.F. the nfl likes that kind of focus. kind of lke being the first black head coach in the nfl. now they have black head coaches all over the nfl and it will be the same for guy and lechler!
RAIDERS 2009!!!

Some West Texas County

#9 Feb 19, 2009
I still think Ray Guy should already be in there...And I'm sure lots of you think the same.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Shane Lechler Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Sebastian Janikowski wants to finish career wit... (Jun '13) Jun '13 Haleys Commet 5
News Raiders' Kluwe, leading proponent for gay right... (May '13) May '13 The Autumn Wind 4
News New Raiders punter Chris Kluwe says football is... (May '13) May '13 erie-vike fan 2
News Report: P Kluwe signs 1-year deal with Raiders (May '13) May '13 Miguelscottbeltran 3
News Raiders rebuilt 2013 team to meet for first tim... (Apr '13) Apr '13 The Autumn Wind 16
News Bell: Rebuilding Raiders should trade Darren Mc... (Mar '13) Mar '13 Purple Faithful 10
News Shane Lechler ecstatic about signing with Houst... (Mar '13) Mar '13 TexasRaider 5
More from around the web