Raiders consider trading down in draft

Raiders consider trading down in draft

There are 5 comments on the Red Bluff Daily News story from Apr 24, 2008, titled Raiders consider trading down in draft. In it, Red Bluff Daily News reports that:

Teams picking near the top of the NFL draft normally have plenty of needs. Even after a busy offseason of acquisitions that brought in former Pro Bowlers DeAngelo Hall and Javon Walker, the Oakland Raiders are ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Red Bluff Daily News.

P_D_J

United States

#1 Apr 24, 2008
Are you sick, you have to draft McFadden if Long is not available... there is no other option there.....
RaiderFaith

Knightdale, NC

#2 Apr 25, 2008
McFadden will be a bust. I hope Davis doesn't do the Super Athlete...Not all great athletes are great NFL players. We need help on oline and dline...Oline first then dline but I would rather have a runstoper on dline than pick up mcfadden. McFadden will help keep us stagnant and not move us forward.McFadden would be a HUGE mistake.
P_D_J wrote:
Are you sick, you have to draft McFadden if Long is not available... there is no other option there.....
mike moran

United States

#3 Apr 25, 2008
I disagree entirely. I honor your opinion but McFadden will NOT be a bust. With Jake Long off the board, there are no more Offensive lineman with a top 10 grade. I also think that between the 60 million we have in tommy kelly and the 17 we have in Sands, that the DT position is also taken care of. I would like a Chris Long, Mcfadden, or to trade down (possibly with saints) and see if we can get a 3rd rounder thrown in there. And THEN take a OT or OG. In that order.
art langley

Tulsa, OK

#4 Apr 25, 2008
next thing you know they will hire vicks when he gets out of the joint, they are a bunch of losers, its a shame, john madden, plunkett, hendricks,sh,,upshaw,matuzak,a ll a lost breed.
TexasRaider

United States

#5 Apr 25, 2008
This article like several others I've read claim that the Raiders have never traded down and I don't bye that at all. In a previous thread (Biggest draft mistake the Raiders ever made), I consider it trading down because they gave up the #7 overall pick all together plus former first rounder Napolean Harris for Randy Moss. I thought Harris was one hell of a linebacker too and hated to see him go, but I'm sure cap space was an issue there.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Shane Lechler Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Sebastian Janikowski wants to finish career wit... (Jun '13) Jun '13 Haleys Commet 5
News Raiders' Kluwe, leading proponent for gay right... (May '13) May '13 The Autumn Wind 4
News New Raiders punter Chris Kluwe says football is... (May '13) May '13 erie-vike fan 2
News Report: P Kluwe signs 1-year deal with Raiders (May '13) May '13 Miguelscottbeltran 3
News Raiders rebuilt 2013 team to meet for first tim... (Apr '13) Apr '13 The Autumn Wind 16
News Bell: Rebuilding Raiders should trade Darren Mc... (Mar '13) Mar '13 Purple Faithful 10
News Shane Lechler ecstatic about signing with Houst... (Mar '13) Mar '13 TexasRaider 5
More from around the web