Raider to "franchise" Seymour?

Raider to "franchise" Seymour?

There are 3 comments on the The Sacramento Bee story from Feb 18, 2010, titled Raider to "franchise" Seymour?. In it, The Sacramento Bee reports that:

So it appears the Raiders have decided to slap the franchise tag on Richard Seymour to keep the Pro Bowl alternate defensive end, rather than use the transition tag on him, according to ESPN .

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Sacramento Bee.

“PLAY TO WIN”

Since: Jul 09

" I DA HO " !

#1 Feb 19, 2010
no real word yet! of course espn's adam shefter is already blahbing! but never the less it's all over the madia that seymour could get the franchise tag. question is for you gentlemen, would you put a onne year franchise tagg on seymour or give him a long term contract?
seymour is a solid player. contributed on the D-line. was not the best out there but better than what we had. he's old but young enough to play hard still.he's not injury prone but with age, who knows. what do you say,one year franchise or what? three year or longer contract?
I SAY, 3YR.
RAIDERS 2010!!!

“RaiderNation of Domination”

Since: May 07

Some West Texas County

#2 Feb 19, 2010
I say give him a 3 year deal. His leadership was a major improvement on defense.
Loki

United States

#3 Feb 23, 2010
I agree!!!!!
TexasRaider wrote:
I say give him a 3 year deal. His leadership was a major improvement on defense.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Sebastian Janikowski Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Raiders' Del Rio wouldn't change late play call... (Oct '15) Oct '15 Farts losers 1
News Oakland Raiders: Sebastian Janikowski has Jack ... (Jun '15) Jun '15 tom wingo 2
News Raiders to release S Tyvon Branch (Feb '15) Mar '15 Chosen Traveler 28
News Sebastian Janikowski, Eric Weems selected for S... (Apr '14) Apr '14 Laughing Bear Fan 1
News Super early 2014 Depth Chart including Free Age... (Mar '14) Mar '14 THE AUTUMN WIND 1
News How bad are things for Raiders? Even cheerleade... (Feb '14) Feb '14 Laughing bear Fan 3
News Raiders notebook: Lamarr Houston expects to be ... (Dec '13) Dec '13 TexasRaider 6
More from around the web