Addition by Subtraction? Oakland Raid...

Addition by Subtraction? Oakland Raiders Make Way For New Blood

There are 5 comments on the Oakland Raiders Football story from Mar 9, 2010, titled Addition by Subtraction? Oakland Raiders Make Way For New Blood. In it, Oakland Raiders Football reports that:

After overspending with the re-signing of kicker Sebastian Janikowski, it seems Al Davis has decided to cut loose some other players before adding to the Oakland Raidera s 2010 roster.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Oakland Raiders Football.

“PLAY TO WIN”

Since: Jul 09

" I DA HO " !

#1 Mar 9, 2010
c green, j walker, g ellis, j fargas, GONE! which direction are we going in the draft?
L.T. said he would not come to oakland but rumors are still flying that al davis could talk the talk.
RAIDERS 2010!!!

“Just Win Baby!”

Since: Sep 09

Raleigh, NC

#2 Mar 9, 2010
The more I think about Fargas.....more I think it was a smart move to get rid of him. He has only had 10 TD's in his career!!!! not in a season in his career. By that math it would be genius to bring LaDanian Tomlinson to the Raiders. But Age is a factor...and then do you hurt our current RB's by bringing him in....who do you start?
pro's and con's for sure.
The only one I was really bummed to see us let go was Ellis. He was the leader we lacked. I liked him.
but move forward I guess.

“PLAY TO WIN”

Since: Jul 09

" I DA HO " !

#3 Mar 9, 2010
well LT is visiting the vikings. so? fargas may have had no great amount of td's cause they normally get someone else to pound the ball in but as far as yardage goes he was a workhorse and i apreciated that from him. had he broke loose and given more oportunity to pound the ball in, i'm sure his record might have been better. there is so much as to why he was not one of the greatest, including injuries but like you said, "move forward i guess" for me, it was fargas and ellis. how will you guys feel if howard or morrison go? i care, but as long as they are replaced with better, i probably will say, ALRIGHT!
RAIDERS 2010!!!

“Just Win Baby!”

Since: Sep 09

Raleigh, NC

#4 Mar 9, 2010
Aside from Lechler and Janikowski I don't care who we let go as long as we replace with equal or better talent.

“RaiderNation of Domination”

Since: May 07

Some West Texas County

#5 Mar 10, 2010
Raider_Faith wrote:
Aside from Lechler and Janikowski I don't care who we let go as long as we replace with equal or better talent.
That has been the problem since the Gruden era ended...Leting players go and not replacing them with equal or better talent. Eric Barton and Rod Coleman were let go and not replaced with equal or better talent. Jerry Rice, Tim Brown and Rich Gannon are other examples. I think Norv Turner's coaching staff was what really hurt us too because we've had talent all these long years we just weren't able to mold them into a winning team.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Sebastian Janikowski Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Raiders' Del Rio wouldn't change late play call... (Oct '15) Oct '15 Farts losers 1
News Oakland Raiders: Sebastian Janikowski has Jack ... (Jun '15) Jun '15 tom wingo 2
News Raiders to release S Tyvon Branch (Feb '15) Mar '15 Chosen Traveler 28
News Sebastian Janikowski, Eric Weems selected for S... (Apr '14) Apr '14 Laughing Bear Fan 1
News Super early 2014 Depth Chart including Free Age... (Mar '14) Mar '14 THE AUTUMN WIND 1
News How bad are things for Raiders? Even cheerleade... (Feb '14) Feb '14 Laughing bear Fan 3
News Raiders notebook: Lamarr Houston expects to be ... (Dec '13) Dec '13 TexasRaider 6
More from around the web