Bolder change than Cable is needed by...

Bolder change than Cable is needed by Oakland

There are 13 comments on the Fox Sports story from Jan 6, 2009, titled Bolder change than Cable is needed by Oakland. In it, Fox Sports reports that:

HE UNDERUTILIZED his most electrifying offensive threat, neglected his only punishing runner and, on a fourth-and-10 play, called upon his 300-pound kicker to catch a pitchout and scoot for the first down.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Fox Sports.

Featherman

Lansing, MI

#1 Jan 6, 2009
i did not like tom cable at first but i think he should be brought back as the offensive coordinator because he did a decent job calling plays, and jamarcus russell needs some kind of stability. he cannot improve when he is having to learn a new system every year. i think the raiders should make a serious offer to steve mariucci. he is a great head coach and could really help our young QB

“RaiderNation of Domination”

Since: May 07

Some West Texas County

#2 Jan 6, 2009
I give Cable this year and if there is no improvement, then look for somebody else. Stability is what we've been lacking and sticking with Cable will help us in that area.

Some West Texas County

#3 Jan 6, 2009
I also think this was written by a Raider hater or just somebody that doesn't pay much attention to the Raiders.
Mexico Raiders

Houston, TX

#4 Jan 7, 2009
agree, raiders fans just do not pay much attention to their own team.

2003 - 4-12
2004 - 5-11
2005 - 4-12
2006 - 2-14
2007 - 4-12
2008 - 5-11

raiders blow

“I knew it.Hank's a RaidersFan!”

Since: Feb 07

Raleigh, NC

#5 Jan 7, 2009
I understand the "idea" of a bold change needed...but I don't think we need to reinvent the wheel...we strung together a couple wins and the team started playing like a team....Keep Cable and continue the Youth movement...If we do that...I wouldn't be surprised if Al is being praised in 4 years for the team he has put together...tired of all the hate.

Some West Texas County

#6 Jan 7, 2009
RaiderFaith wrote:
I understand the "idea" of a bold change needed...but I don't think we need to reinvent the wheel...we strung together a couple wins and the team started playing like a team....Keep Cable and continue the Youth movement...If we do that...I wouldn't be surprised if Al is being praised in 4 years for the team he has put together...tired of all the hate.
The BOLD change that this football team needs is consitancy in the coaching and youthful players stepping up and making big plays to help us win more football games. Keeping Cable and continuing the youth movement are THE keys to the BOLD change that needs to happen. We all saw the bold change that happened when Cable got the losing mentality out of the Raiders and the youthful players stepped in and made big plays. Jamarcus Russell got more protection from Mario Henderson on the left side and he found some reliable targets at WR in Johnnie Lee Higgins and Chaz Schilens. Plus Michael Bush stepped up and gave us a powerful running game with Fargas and McFadden injured. Keep Cable...Keep the youth movement going...Al Davis will be praised for what this football team overcame. If we play all of next season like we did the last 2 weeks, then I think we will contend for the superbowl. Joe Montana led the 49ers to a championship in his third season (second as a starter) after going 8-24 his first 2 years and Ben Rothlesberger led the Steelers to a championship his second year (but he was already in a winning program). The key is getting the players to BELIEVE...keep their Commitment to Excellence...Along with Pride and Poise...then we will JUST WIN BABY!!!!!
Mexico Raiders

Houston, TX

#7 Jan 8, 2009
agree, tom cable and his 2 game winning streak was not that inpressive. very lame book you just wrote.

agree, this is not the 60's, 70's, 80's or 90's. 49ers were good too once...lmao...

2003 - 4-12
2004 - 5-11
2005 - 4-12
2006 - 2-14
2007 - 4-12
2008 - 5-11

raiders blow
Featherman

Lansing, MI

#8 Jan 9, 2009
TexasRaider wrote:
I give Cable this year and if there is no improvement, then look for somebody else. Stability is what we've been lacking and sticking with Cable will help us in that area.
i agree we should keep cable but not as a head coach. he did a very good job calling plays, but i question his ability to manage the team. like i said if you bring in a solid, proven head coach to manage the team, alot like what tom coughlin does in new york, it would really help. i still think we are a year away from being a solid playoff contender, and that's if the old man doesn't screw up this offseason.
Freddy

Granger, IN

#9 Jan 9, 2009
Featherman wrote:
<quoted text>
i agree we should keep cable but not as a head coach. he did a very good job calling plays, but i question his ability to manage the team. like i said if you bring in a solid, proven head coach to manage the team, alot like what tom coughlin does in new york, it would really help. i still think we are a year away from being a solid playoff contender, and that's if the old man doesn't screw up this offseason.
Managing the team should be the GM that they Al said he would hire and you are right Cable is not that guy. Cable proved he can be head coach of the Raiders. Al needs to make some moves now, hire a GM, let the GM manage the team next year.
11-5 ne jokes

AOL

#10 Jan 11, 2009
never will happen! we stink like the pats! GO RAIDERS!
Mexico Raiders

Houston, TX

#11 Jan 12, 2009
agree, raiders do stink. oakland gay like houston tx and mexico.

http://www.chargertom.com/RaidersParadeGay.jp...

raiders blow
Captain Canada

Russell, Canada

#12 Jan 12, 2009
Mexico Raiders wrote:
agree, raiders do stink. oakland gay like houston tx and mexico.
http://www.chargertom.com/RaidersParadeGay.jp...
raiders blow
Now, Mr. "I have no friends" Pseudonym, is agreeing with himself. Pathetic. Who is your team again?
Mexico Raiders

Houston, TX

#13 Jan 12, 2009
true, i like the raiders. all gay losers like them according to RAIDER MISTERIO. go raiders?!?!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Sebastian Janikowski Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Raiders' Del Rio wouldn't change late play call... (Oct '15) Oct '15 Farts losers 1
News Oakland Raiders: Sebastian Janikowski has Jack ... (Jun '15) Jun '15 tom wingo 2
News Raiders to release S Tyvon Branch (Feb '15) Mar '15 Chosen Traveler 28
News Sebastian Janikowski, Eric Weems selected for S... (Apr '14) Apr '14 Laughing Bear Fan 1
News Super early 2014 Depth Chart including Free Age... (Mar '14) Mar '14 THE AUTUMN WIND 1
News How bad are things for Raiders? Even cheerleade... (Feb '14) Feb '14 Laughing bear Fan 3
News Raiders notebook: Lamarr Houston expects to be ... (Dec '13) Dec '13 TexasRaider 6