Counting down to XLV: Buccaneers-Raid...

Counting down to XLV: Buccaneers-Raiders, Super Bowl XXXVII

There are 4 comments on the Star-telegram.com story from Jan 29, 2011, titled Counting down to XLV: Buccaneers-Raiders, Super Bowl XXXVII. In it, Star-telegram.com reports that:

By David Thomas Thirty-seventh in a series looking back at Super Bowls I-XLIV leading up to Super Bowl XLV, Feb.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Star-telegram.com.

JBG its me

Carthage, TX

#1 Jan 29, 2011
WORST SUPERBOWL EVER!!!!!!! Jon Gruden, a coach I adored for the previous 4 seasons, sinks us into our own black hole. It was also our first year without The Wiz and Bone Cusher Biekert. I'd rather not see us in the big one than see us make it there and get our @$$es handed to us like Gruden did.

“RaiderNation of Domination”

Since: May 07

Some West Texas County

#2 Jan 29, 2011
I was excited to see us get there even though I didn't think we would especially with Gruden, Wisnewski, and Biekert gone. I really hated for Biekert and Wisnewski to miss the opportunity to play in the big one.

Yeah that was a dissappointment. I was nervous about that one especially since we had to face Gruden. 8 years later, however, I never thought I'd be asking "Will we ever make it there again?"
Captain Canada

Steinbach, Canada

#3 Jan 30, 2011
Can't help but remember the horrendous impact of Barrett Robbins "losing it", and the Raiders losing one of the top 50 players in the league, the night before the Superbowl. They simply couldn't run the ball without him, and became one-dimensional against a very good Bucs defense. Steelers may be in the same predicament without Pouncey.

“PLAY TO WIN”

Since: Jul 09

OG, "so cal."

#4 Jan 30, 2011
i think that was one of the things i remember the most as well, "barrett robins missing!
but that gruden thing just got under my skin and i was hoping we would win somehow! oh, well, the thought was nice but? i don't ever see gruden making a comeback here. to see him cheering and laughing and celebrating may have put an end to the gruden era.
GO RAIDERS!!! GO HUE JACKSON! THIS MAN =)

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Sebastian Janikowski Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Oakland Raiders: Sebastian Janikowski has Jack ... Jun '15 tom wingo 2
News Raiders to release S Tyvon Branch Mar '15 Chosen Traveler 28
News Sebastian Janikowski, Eric Weems selected for S... (Apr '14) Apr '14 Laughing Bear Fan 1
News Super early 2014 Depth Chart including Free Age... (Mar '14) Mar '14 THE AUTUMN WIND 1
News How bad are things for Raiders? Even cheerleade... (Feb '14) Feb '14 Laughing bear Fan 3
News Raiders notebook: Lamarr Houston expects to be ... (Dec '13) Dec '13 TexasRaider 6
News Smith leads Jets to 37-27 victory over Raiders (Dec '13) Dec '13 Ricardo Montalban 4
More from around the web