3 of 4 men arrested in Sean Taylor slaying charged

Three of the four suspects held in the shooting of Washington Redskins star Sean Taylor were charged early Saturday in the athlete's killing. Full Story

Since: Nov 07

Portageville

#72 Dec 1, 2007
I would think if you carry a gun to a burglary, you are considering having to shoot someone.

MKM

Since: Apr 07

Brockton, MA

#73 Dec 1, 2007
a teacher wrote:
i fail to see how someone with a large income would not have a security system with an alarm at the home especially since the home had already been broken into. most people don't keep a machete under their bed for protection unless they have a reason to fear for their life for some reason or another.
there is more to this story and the fact that one of the suspects had been to a party at the home of the deceased leaves an even bigger hole in this story.
How about not blaming Sean Taylor for a crime that someone else committed. That's what you're doing. Have some compassion instead of immediately looking to place the blame on him for not having an alarm system. I guess it's his fault he wasn't paranoid huh?
I report U decide

Kharagpur, India

#74 Dec 1, 2007
Justice wrote:
<quoted text>
Let's see here... 1.peterson v peterson; 2. peterson v peterson (cop); 3. yates v her kids; 4. susan smith v her kids; 5. psychos from Columbine High School v their classmates both black and white... are you getting the point?,
Sir you totally missed the point. In comparison to population numbers blacks are killing blacks in disproportionate numbers. There is WAYYY more crime in black communities. When police go to those communities blacks complain. When they don't go into those communities blacks complain.(go figure). The other gentleman had an excellent point. The crime caused by the illegality of drugs is an obvious. More young black men are in prison and in the criminal justice system. This cannot be denied. Yet when you ask black people to end the drug war they insist on more punishment.. Again..go figure.(there is just no winning with these people) although black people do tend to be more conservative. Since Mr. Taylor was involved in the justice system he did have his 2nd amendment right curtailed as part of a plea deal. Which in turn was his death sentence. He had a machete instead of a gun and he also didn't have his alarm on. The fact that he knew these thugs might or might not be relevant. What I would like to know is where is Jesse Jackson or Al Sharpton in this situation. Also, Why is it that when Bill Cosby blames the black community for these problems he is looked at as an "uncle tom". In addition, when police shoot unarmed black men (who happen to have lengthy criminal records) the police are seen as the criminals instead of the saviors.(go figure again) I call it the "MY BABY WAS A GOOD BOY" syndrome. Meanwhile, the person in question has a rap sheet a mile long. Then it's blame it on whitey as usual. God bless the Taylor Family. Another senseless death with factors that couldv'e been avoided.
homie says

United States

#75 Dec 1, 2007
MrWrong wrote:
<quoted text>
Who will steal from you?
well .. here goes ... Rap music listenin', droopy pants wearin', got no job doin', white man blamin', low life admirin', young black men whose parents insist "not my son -he didn't leave our house for a week" ... those people ....
........some people just dont want to face reality, and live in some dream world, i put my $ on the killers being black {african americans for u libs} am i a racist? i was correct, so i must be a realist...itll be a white mans fault somehow im sure

“YESHUA IS LORD”

Since: Apr 07

GAWGIA (GEORGIA)

#76 Dec 1, 2007
Everyone that was involved and is found guilty should be beheaded.
Rudy

Birmingham, AL

#77 Dec 1, 2007
Take the BOY otta the jungle but can"t take the jungle otta the slimebag, one track "mind", wanna be a hood black! They are turning south Florida into a third world killing zone. Calling a SPADE a SPADE!
schmitty

Plant City, FL

#78 Dec 1, 2007
Lori wrote:
This is a decent article. I just read the version in the Miami Herald, which included a sentence that said Taylor's family may have bragged about their wealth. I am still trying to figure out why that's relevant to the story. And the idea that the suspects did not "plan" to shoot anyone because they did not expect for anyone to be home is crap. The man had a wife and young daughter! They went to this home in the early morning hours, when people typically are found sleeping in their beds. So what is so unexpected about a mother and child asleep at home at this time of day? What might they have done to the mother and child? If you commit a crime, and you have a gun with you, then you intend to use it if necessary. They had the gun with them for a reason! If you did not expect anyone to be home, then what was the purpose of having a gun with you?! They allegedly murdered an innocent man during a burglary. I don't understand why it's relevant to mention: They were certainly not looking to go there and kill anyone,'' Parker said.``They were expecting a residence that was not occupied. So murder or shooting someone was not their initial motive.''
WHY ARE YOU IDIOTS TRYING TO JUSTIFY THE MURDER OF THIS GOOD BLACK GUY!

THESE 4 SCUMBAG MURDERERS SHOULD BE PUT TO DEATH FOR MURDERING THIS INNOCENT MAN!!! I DON'T CARE IF HE HAD HIS ALARM ON OR NOT!!!
Stanley

Syracuse, NY

#79 Dec 1, 2007
Ize not gilty.Ize wuz home smokin krak
Rudy

Birmingham, AL

#80 Dec 1, 2007
Fry dem boys! It"s time dey stays somewhere else!
Common Sense

Port Saint Lucie, FL

#83 Dec 1, 2007
I report U decide wrote:
<quoted text>
Sir you totally missed the point. In comparison to population numbers blacks are killing blacks in disproportionate numbers. There is WAYYY more crime in black communities. When police go to those communities blacks complain. When they don't go into those communities blacks complain.(go figure). The other gentleman had an excellent point. The crime caused by the illegality of drugs is an obvious. More young black men are in prison and in the criminal justice system. This cannot be denied. Yet when you ask black people to end the drug war they insist on more punishment.. Again..go figure.(there is just no winning with these people) although black people do tend to be more conservative. Since Mr. Taylor was involved in the justice system he did have his 2nd amendment right curtailed as part of a plea deal. Which in turn was his death sentence. He had a machete instead of a gun and he also didn't have his alarm on. The fact that he knew these thugs might or might not be relevant. What I would like to know is where is Jesse Jackson or Al Sharpton in this situation. Also, Why is it that when Bill Cosby blames the black community for these problems he is looked at as an "uncle tom". In addition, when police shoot unarmed black men (who happen to have lengthy criminal records) the police are seen as the criminals instead of the saviors.(go figure again) I call it the "MY BABY WAS A GOOD BOY" syndrome. Meanwhile, the person in question has a rap sheet a mile long. Then it's blame it on whitey as usual. God bless the Taylor Family. Another senseless death with factors that couldv'e been avoided.
I agree with you 100% especially about the Bill Cosby thing. Black people (african americans for the libs) think Mr. Cosby is an "uncle tom" for stating FACTS. Mr. Cosby should be a hero..but NOOO they want racist Al Sharpton and Jesse Jackson to "represent' the black community especially when it's time to march. Where is Al or Jesse now? THIS INNOCENT FOOTBALL STAR WAS SHOT AND KILLED..FOR WHAT..a few hundred dollars. SHAME! Sad thing is these guy's (sorry THUGS) WON'T see the death penalty for at least 15 years until the appeals are gone through.(oh..ps..they might get less time for good behavior) for facts did you know the majority of people in prison are in there for NON VIOLENT drug offenses. LET THEM PEOPLE GO AND PLACE THESE VIOLENT THUGS ON DEATH ROW!
Justice

AOL

#85 Dec 1, 2007
I report U decide wrote:
<quoted text>
I will not respond to your post in it's entirety, why?... because this story is not about a black and white thing. However, allow me to throw a few notorius killers at you, and since you are so sure about your initial comment "blacks are killing blacks in disproportionate numbers"... please post the web-site where you gathered your stats.

Meanwhile, the following I am about to provide to you is factually, and statistically true, just to name a few >>>> Una-Bomber, Jeffrey Dalhmer, Again Columbine and there is simply to many serial killers to list <<< non of which discriminated.

I will be awaiting the web-site to where you got your stats.

Since: Nov 07

Sandusky, OH

#86 Dec 1, 2007
All suspects are under 21. *smh*

“Educate everyone.”

Since: Aug 07

Sacramento, California

#87 Dec 1, 2007
Good to see the KKK is alive and well. Instead of wearing white hoods... in this day and age they just hide themselves behind anonymous computer names.

Same old shit. Different era.
WALK ON BY

Hollywood, FL

#88 Dec 1, 2007
Justice wrote:
<quoted text>
Let's see here... 1.peterson v peterson; 2. peterson v peterson (cop); 3. yates v her kids; 4. susan smith v her kids; 5. psychos from Columbine High School v their classmates both black and white... are you getting the point?, in case you didn't... whites are killing whites also.
As far as you comparing something that happened over 30 years ago (american gangster)... you can't be serious by using that comparison to today's world, Heck, since you want to believe this is still happening, you might as well throw in New Jack City. The same stuff is happening in the white communities, you just don't hear about it.
The only time you hear about killings in the white communities is when a "pure white girl" goes missing and you never stop hearing about it...again, both petersons, jon benet, the kid from Bama went missing in Aruba etc..
And you think young white males are not pimping their white girls?... sorry to dissapoint you, but perhaps you should back away from your profesional lifestyle, and come back to reality.
Then again, your age (51) could be the answer to your own questions <<< no offense. You need to understand something, crimes are happening with ALL races... the Media is responsible for reporting and not. To see, one only need to look... as with " to hear, one only need to listen.
If you are indeed a black man and you fear blacks only... then my friend... the only person you can point the finger at is "self". Tunnel vision can lead to a stereotyical mind. Peace My Brother!
We cannot deny what is taking place . Walk into a gas station and some nitwit decides to rob the place , you walk in with your family , tragic outcome . White guy killing his wife really would not have any cross affects on your life . The question is how can one reach these kids without becoming a victim yourself , bring someone into your home and they come back and kill you . For that matter lets move to the hills so we are miles apart from our neighbor . Not looking to p/o anyone but we have our own KKK it's the black KKK . How does one hide or get ready to battle them ?
WALK ON BY

Hollywood, FL

#89 Dec 1, 2007
MKM wrote:
<quoted text>
How about not blaming Sean Taylor for a crime that someone else committed. That's what you're doing. Have some compassion instead of immediately looking to place the blame on him for not having an alarm system. I guess it's his fault he wasn't paranoid huh?
I agree don't say the rape victim was asking for this the way she was dressed . I live in a nice neighborhood , I leave my cars unlocked most times , I never go to bed without the alarm on .
We all have our comfort zones .
WALK ON BY

Hollywood, FL

#90 Dec 1, 2007
Common Sense wrote:
<quoted text>
I agree with you 100% especially about the Bill Cosby thing. Black people (african americans for the libs) think Mr. Cosby is an "uncle tom" for stating FACTS. Mr. Cosby should be a hero..but NOOO they want racist Al Sharpton and Jesse Jackson to "represent' the black community especially when it's time to march. Where is Al or Jesse now? THIS INNOCENT FOOTBALL STAR WAS SHOT AND KILLED..FOR WHAT..a few hundred dollars. SHAME! Sad thing is these guy's (sorry THUGS) WON'T see the death penalty for at least 15 years until the appeals are gone through.(oh..ps..they might get less time for good behavior) for facts did you know the majority of people in prison are in there for NON VIOLENT drug offenses. LET THEM PEOPLE GO AND PLACE THESE VIOLENT THUGS ON DEATH ROW!
What Bill Cosby says is very true , Al & Jessie do not speak for blacks , they speak for themselves . I have yet to Al or Jessie come forward to address crime in any black neighborhood. The gang rape in WPB neighter one of them have shown any interest . People need to stop saying they're the leaders of the black people , not true .
I report u decide

Port Saint Lucie, FL

#92 Dec 1, 2007
Justice wrote:
<quoted text>
Sir..just google it..but i'll entertain you. PS..THIS IS AN AFRICAN AMERICAN WEB SITE!

While African Americans comprise 12% of the U.S. population, 45% of all murder victims in 2002 were African American, 91% of whom were killed by African Americans.
The Black on Black Crime Coalition. Save your racist diatribe for someone who cares.
http://www.hhscenter.org/bonbstat.html
WALK ON BY

Hollywood, FL

#93 Dec 1, 2007
Justice wrote:
<quoted text>
I will not respond to your post in it's entirety, why?... because this story is not about a black and white thing. However, allow me to throw a few notorius killers at you, and since you are so sure about your initial comment "blacks are killing blacks in disproportionate numbers"... please post the web-site where you gathered your stats.
Meanwhile, the following I am about to provide to you is factually, and statistically true, just to name a few >>>> Una-Bomber, Jeffrey Dalhmer, Again Columbine and there is simply to many serial killers to list <<< non of which discriminated.
I don't believe anyone is disputing what you're saying , white's are killing each other also . I don't see the KLAN killing blacks as fast we kill each other . We cannot sugar coat things or turn a blind eye . It very sad and yes it's not something any of us want to hear .
I report u decide

Port Saint Lucie, FL

#94 Dec 1, 2007
WALK ON BY wrote:
<quoted text>We cannot deny what is taking place . Walk into a gas station and some nitwit decides to rob the place , you walk in with your family , tragic outcome . White guy killing his wife really would not have any cross affects on your life . The question is how can one reach these kids without becoming a victim yourself , bring someone into your home and they come back and kill you . For that matter lets move to the hills so we are miles apart from our neighbor . Not looking to p/o anyone but we have our own KKK it's the black KKK . How does one hide or get ready to battle them ?
Amen..there is only 1 race the human race and we are facing extinction!
I report u decide

Port Saint Lucie, FL

#95 Dec 1, 2007
Keepin_it_real wrote:
According to Chris Rock:
I'm tired of n____ers man, you can't have **** when you're around n____ers. You can't have no big screen tv. You can have it, but you better move it in at three in the morning. You can't have s*** in your house around n____ers, because n____ers will break into your house and steal it. n____ers that live right next door to you, will break into your house, and come over the next morning and say 'I heard you got robbed'.
ROFL...so true

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Sean Taylor Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Clark makes voice heard in return to Redskins Jul '14 len 1
2013 NFL Draft: Who Do Redskins Fans Want with ... (Apr '13) Apr '13 Adam Banig 1
Sean Taylor Autopsy Released (Feb '08) Jun '12 anonymous 6
Washington Redskins to release center Casey Rabach (Jul '11) Jul '11 bob 1
Clinton Portis let go by Redskins (Feb '11) Feb '11 T E Workman 1
Beechcroft's Harper makes presence felt | ThisW... (Jun '10) Jun '10 Matt Bell 1
Taylor's locker to be put on display (Apr '10) Apr '10 Patricia 1
More from around the web