3 of 4 men arrested in Sean Taylor sl...

3 of 4 men arrested in Sean Taylor slaying charged

There are 110 comments on the South Florida Sun-Sentinel story from Dec 1, 2007, titled 3 of 4 men arrested in Sean Taylor slaying charged. In it, South Florida Sun-Sentinel reports that:

Three of the four suspects held in the shooting of Washington Redskins star Sean Taylor were charged early Saturday in the athlete's killing.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at South Florida Sun-Sentinel.

First Prev
of 6
Next Last
a teacher

Boca Raton, FL

#1 Dec 1, 2007
i fail to see how someone with a large income would not have a security system with an alarm at the home especially since the home had already been broken into. most people don't keep a machete under their bed for protection unless they have a reason to fear for their life for some reason or another.

there is more to this story and the fact that one of the suspects had been to a party at the home of the deceased leaves an even bigger hole in this story.
Lori

West Palm Beach, FL

#2 Dec 1, 2007
This is a decent article. I just read the version in the Miami Herald, which included a sentence that said Taylor's family may have bragged about their wealth. I am still trying to figure out why that's relevant to the story. And the idea that the suspects did not "plan" to shoot anyone because they did not expect for anyone to be home is crap. The man had a wife and young daughter! They went to this home in the early morning hours, when people typically are found sleeping in their beds. So what is so unexpected about a mother and child asleep at home at this time of day? What might they have done to the mother and child? If you commit a crime, and you have a gun with you, then you intend to use it if necessary. They had the gun with them for a reason! If you did not expect anyone to be home, then what was the purpose of having a gun with you?! They allegedly murdered an innocent man during a burglary. I don't understand why it's relevant to mention: They were certainly not looking to go there and kill anyone,'' Parker said.``They were expecting a residence that was not occupied. So murder or shooting someone was not their initial motive.''
Lori

West Palm Beach, FL

#3 Dec 1, 2007
Also, I hope that any and all reporters and others who implied that Taylor's murder was somehow related to his past in any way shape, or form WITHOUT a shred of proof should be held accountable for their reckless theories. You should apologize and learn from your hasty judgments. The man was killed in the middle of a burglary, which can happen to any individual, regardless of past transgressions or questionable connections. To jump to any conclusion before police pieced together the circumstances of the crime shows poor character and lack of intelligence on those who went down that road.
Mom of High schooler

Fort Lauderdale, FL

#5 Dec 1, 2007
"MIAMI - Three of the four suspects held in the shooting of Washington Redskins star Sean Taylor were charged early Saturday in the athlete's killing.

Charles Wardlow, Eric Rivera and Venjah Hunte were all charged with unpremeditated murder in Taylor's death, a killing police said was unplanned and arose out of a burglary at the player's home. A fourth suspect, Eric Rivera, was arrested but had not yet been charged with any crime."

How can Eric Rivera be charged then in the next sentence Eric Rivera not be charged. Come on SS, get it right.
Vipbaldy

Pompano Beach, FL

#6 Dec 1, 2007
Rip Sean Taylor we will miss you . As a Cane, As a Redskin, As a Great person god rest his soul. God bless his family and
friends .
Irish in Chicago

Chicago, IL

#7 Dec 1, 2007
The article states:

"Charles Wardlow, Eric Rivera and Venjah Hunte were all charged with unpremeditated murder in Taylor's death, a killing police said was unplanned and arose out of a burglary at the player's home. A fourth suspect, Eric Rivera, was arrested but had not yet been charged with any crime."

Are there two guys named Eric Rivera?
Soooo

Pompano Beach, FL

#8 Dec 1, 2007
Charles Wardlow, Eric Rivera and Venjah Hunte were all charged with unpremeditated murder in Taylor's death, a killing police said was unplanned and arose out of a burglary at the player's home. A fourth suspect, Eric Rivera, was arrested but had not yet been charged with any crime.
Ok so was Eric Rivera charged or not?
No fun anymore

Pompano Beach, FL

#9 Dec 1, 2007
Well they DID have a gun with them when they broke into the home occupied or not.
The fact they had a gun proves premeditated murder 1st degree. Fry the SOB's.
kllklklkl

West Palm Beach, FL

#10 Dec 1, 2007
jkjkk
Concern Blackwoman

Pompano Beach, FL

#11 Dec 1, 2007
This so sad,when you take people in your home and ivite in your home they killed them.You can not be nice to people anymore and you have to be careful who you let into your home.Who can you trust?Who will Steal from you?He was good to them.My prayers and blessings goes out to this family.
Good Try

Lake Worth, FL

#12 Dec 1, 2007
No fun anymore wrote:
Well they DID have a gun with them when they broke into the home occupied or not.
The fact they had a gun proves premeditated murder 1st degree. Fry the SOB's.
Not really -- good try though
MrWrong

Greensboro, NC

#13 Dec 1, 2007
Concern Blackwoman wrote:
This so sad,when you take people in your home and ivite in your home they killed them.You can not be nice to people anymore and you have to be careful who you let into your home.Who can you trust?Who will Steal from you?He was good to them.My prayers and blessings goes out to this family.
Who will steal from you?

well .. here goes ... Rap music listenin', droopy pants wearin', got no job doin', white man blamin', low life admirin', young black men whose parents insist "not my son -he didn't leave our house for a week" ... those people ....
kkk

Miami, FL

#14 Dec 1, 2007
kinda of funny isn't it. Mr. Sharpstein is wholly endorsing the killing of these suspects immediately. However, if he were obtained as thier defense counsel he would be spinning how they were kids from poor, undisciplined backgrounds, who really deserve second chances, assumming of course, they were even remotely responsible for these criminal acts. whata a bunch of bs from another scumbag defense lawyer, typical "him speak with forked tongue."
libsarecowards

United States

#15 Dec 1, 2007
No more liberal crybabies wailing about how these young punks were disadvantaged and come from socially deprived surroundings...they deserve to die, in a very painfull way...publicly and broadcast on local news...no mercy for these POS scum.
Barry

Miami, FL

#16 Dec 1, 2007
What is going on in this country?

THEY KILLED HIM! WHAT'S WITH THIS "THEY DIDN'T GO THERE TO KILL HIM!

OUR HOMES AND STREETS ARE THREATENED EVERYDAY AND THEY GIVE THESE SLIMEBALLS A PASS- FRY THEM!
Concerned Citizen

Kamuela, HI

#17 Dec 1, 2007
The charge is "unpremeditated murder" instead of "premeditated murder". Why then did the four men have a gun? They intended to shoot someone in order to make a getaway. They should be tried for the major charge and if convicted the ultimate penalty should be given.
HoodWinked

Deerfield Beach, FL

#19 Dec 1, 2007
Aww man, they be home crankin dat soulja boy when this went down. They be good boys, do nothing wrong, nahw.
let's keep em in jail this time.
deemillz

Fort Lauderdale, FL

#20 Dec 1, 2007
Frigging shame.
Concerned citizen

Lansing, MI

#21 Dec 1, 2007
``They were certainly not looking to go there and kill anyone,'' Parker said.``They were expecting a residence that was not occupied. So murder or shooting someone was not their initial motive.''

B.S. You carry a gun into a home you are B&E in, you intend to use it. I would convict of 1st degree just on that alone.
The sad thing is

Lehigh Acres, FL

#22 Dec 1, 2007
that if these kids needed money so badly, I think Sean would have given it to them.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 6
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Sean Taylor Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Clark makes voice heard in return to Redskins (Jul '14) Jul '14 len 1
News 2013 NFL Draft: Who Do Redskins Fans Want with ... (Apr '13) Apr '13 Adam Banig 1
News Sean Taylor Autopsy Released (Feb '08) Jun '12 anonymous 6
News Washington Redskins to release center Casey Rabach (Jul '11) Jul '11 bob 1
News Clinton Portis let go by Redskins (Feb '11) Feb '11 T E Workman 1
News Beechcroft's Harper makes presence felt | ThisW... (Jun '10) Jun '10 Matt Bell 1
News Taylor's locker to be put on display (Apr '10) Apr '10 Patricia 1
More from around the web