5 reasons the packers will not sweep ...

5 reasons the packers will not sweep the vikings this season

There are 25 comments on the TwinCities.com story from Sep 7, 2008, titled 5 reasons the packers will not sweep the vikings this season. In it, TwinCities.com reports that:

4: Oh yeah, Brett Favre. He has been a thorn in the Vikings' side for years, saving some of his greatest performances and comebacks for the purple.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at TwinCities.com.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
40for60

United States

#24 Sep 10, 2008
Jeebs wrote:
<quoted text>
it definitely wasnt his fault because shiancoe stopped in the middle of his route.
Shianco might have stopped, but the pass was directly to bigby. Man, do we need a pass catching tight end.
cowboyfansince75

Houston, TX

#25 Sep 10, 2008
Viqueens
Bucky

River Falls, WI

#26 Sep 10, 2008
40for60 wrote:
<quoted text>
Nice, is english your second language?
Did someone forget that GB was a 3 point favorite?
As much as the packer backers would like to imagine, the Vikings were not the favorite. Before the game, the announcers went around and polled the NFL dignitaries about who would win the game, and it was about 8-2 for the packers.
That Minnesota had a chance to win at the end maybe doesn't say so much about how bad Minnesota is, it might be an inkling into how bad GB is also.
Yes, but most of them did pick the Pack to not only win the game, but the division. Who knows though, as we will see w/NE, SD anything can happen & they're all one big name injury away from what could be a mediocre or losing season. It's too early in the season to claim anyone is going to be any better than average. In respect to the Monday game though, I think the Vikes really started believing their own hype. The Packers played an almost conservative game, penalties on both sides were plain stupid. Oh yeah, Jared played about as well as he will. He lined up against the same player last year and had the same result. He may have peaked and the Vikes may have overpaid...Packers are a solid team, and Favre retired, he made the choice, not me. Aaron deserves the support of fans if they're Packer fans.
40for60

United States

#27 Sep 10, 2008
Bucky wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes, but most of them did pick the Pack to not only win the game, but the division. Who knows though, as we will see w/NE, SD anything can happen & they're all one big name injury away from what could be a mediocre or losing season. It's too early in the season to claim anyone is going to be any better than average. In respect to the Monday game though, I think the Vikes really started believing their own hype. The Packers played an almost conservative game, penalties on both sides were plain stupid. Oh yeah, Jared played about as well as he will. He lined up against the same player last year and had the same result. He may have peaked and the Vikes may have overpaid...Packers are a solid team, and Favre retired, he made the choice, not me. Aaron deserves the support of fans if they're Packer fans.
Allen will still be productive this year, unless he gets hurt. GB has the obvious receiver advantage with both Driver and Jennings being better than anyone we have. This game was about big plays, and GB had them all. If we don't start having big plays, we will find wins very hard to get. The Vikings lame offense still generated more yards than GB, so I concur, not much can be discerned from just this one game except GB is now 1-0 and we're 0-1.

“FIRE CHILLY! FIRE CHILLY! ”

Since: Aug 08

Rensselaer

#28 Sep 11, 2008
40for60 wrote:
<quoted text>
Shianco might have stopped, but the pass was directly to bigby. Man, do we need a pass catching tight end.
which is exactly right where shiancoe would of been if he finished his route.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Scott Wells Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Packers snap up Jeff Saturday to replace Wells (Mar '12) Mar '12 packrat 4
News Green Bay Packers Scheduled Meeting With Center... (Mar '12) Mar '12 GBPfan 5
News Neal suspension underscores Packers draft needs... (Mar '12) Mar '12 GBPfan 24
News Three-and-out: Packers' free agency outlook (Mar '12) Mar '12 Randy 4
News Pro Football Focus On The Packers Guards and Ce... (Feb '12) Feb '12 Norman mack 4
News Chattanooga paying family of man shot at 59 tim... (Jan '12) Jan '12 civillain 1
News Pack facing tough offseason questions (Jan '12) Jan '12 eric 9
More from around the web