Line is Drawn: Spitz, Sitton, Barbre ...

Line is Drawn: Spitz, Sitton, Barbre Win Jobs

There are 53 comments on the gnb.scout.com story from Aug 24, 2009, titled Line is Drawn: Spitz, Sitton, Barbre Win Jobs. In it, gnb.scout.com reports that:

Coach Mike McCarthy makes what he calls a difficult decision in two hotly contested battles.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at gnb.scout.com.

First Prev
of 3
Next Last

“Go Pack Go”

Since: Jun 07

Stevens Point, Wisconsin

#1 Aug 24, 2009
Finally some depth on the O line. No sacks so far this pre-season, more than you can say for the vikes.
eric

Monroe, WI

#2 Aug 25, 2009
yep,the old man took some big shots!,Im sure their line will get better,but,how manyshots on turf can Favre take at 40?
Finally get some size and power up front,I was wondering how long College and his whopping 290lbs was expected to block Tommy Harrris or players like that!
eric

Monroe, WI

#3 Aug 25, 2009
Well my mistake College is the LG from what ive read
Clifton at LT
College at LG
Spitz at C
Sitton at RG
Barbre at RT
and of course we have Benno G.backup RT
Duke PReston is a backup RG and C
J.T. lang is a backup and im sure the Packers will carry another if not 2 lineman
JS reported Scott Wells could be traded! and Seattle was brought up because of injuries to their o line!
GBPfan

Colorado Springs, CO

#4 Aug 25, 2009
eric wrote:
Well my mistake College is the LG from what ive read
Clifton at LT
College at LG
Spitz at C
Sitton at RG
Barbre at RT
and of course we have Benno G.backup RT
Duke PReston is a backup RG and C
J.T. lang is a backup and im sure the Packers will carry another if not 2 lineman
JS reported Scott Wells could be traded! and Seattle was brought up because of injuries to their o line!
That sounds almost entirely different than the 2007 O-line. But I must be mistaken, right eric?
Dewy

Sun Prairie, WI

#5 Aug 25, 2009
The funny part is .In the GBPG MM says Wells is Top3 or 4 linemen .Odd how he wouldn't be playing then.
eric

Monroe, WI

#6 Aug 25, 2009
Barbre at RT because of injury,Spitz is a better Center,why would MM say Wells isnt as good when the Packers are trying to trade him,and you have to replace Spitz at RG,so Sitton is it,so what are you getting at now GBP?
You would complain we were 6-10 and have the same line,now your being sarcastic when they move a few pieces around.
Chumura

Denver, CO

#7 Aug 25, 2009
Figures the Pukers would have a guy named Spitz
55Booger

United States

#8 Aug 25, 2009
Agreed! It doesn't make any sense.
55Booger

United States

#9 Aug 25, 2009
If you really want to use your best up front, don't you want someone who grades out the highest each week? It looked like Spitz got pushed around several times during the game against Buffalo last week. I don't get it!
GBPfan

Colorado Springs, CO

#10 Aug 25, 2009
eric wrote:
Barbre at RT because of injury,Spitz is a better Center,why would MM say Wells isnt as good when the Packers are trying to trade him,and you have to replace Spitz at RG,so Sitton is it,so what are you getting at now GBP?
You would complain we were 6-10 and have the same line,now your being sarcastic when they move a few pieces around.
No. I am glad we made changes. However, that means its not the same team, doesn't it eric?
eric

Monroe, WI

#11 Aug 25, 2009
its the same roster but different spots,so again whats your point?
jeremy

Barney, ND

#12 Aug 25, 2009
Of course it is not the "same" team, but I would say 3/4 of that 13-3 team is still here with upgrades and rookies who are a little more seasoned, it is virtually the same core players, only I think better and more experienced with added depth.
GBPfan

Colorado Springs, CO

#13 Aug 25, 2009
jeremy wrote:
Of course it is not the "same" team, but I would say 3/4 of that 13-3 team is still here with upgrades and rookies who are a little more seasoned, it is virtually the same core players, only I think better and more experienced with added depth.
Yes. Of course it's a different team. And logical Packer fans hope that it is even better. However, not all fans are capable of thinking logically. I guess we shouldn't pick on the mentally handicapped.
GBPfan

Colorado Springs, CO

#14 Aug 26, 2009
eric wrote:
its the same roster but different spots,so again whats your point?
Different spots? You mean from sitting the bench to starting? For example, right guard Josh Sitton and right tackle Allen Barbre have combined for just two NFL starts. However, I wouldn't expect you to know that. Go check who was PLAYING in 2007 idiot.
eric

Monroe, WI

#15 Aug 26, 2009
Sitton Played the last 3 games last year at RG and is starting there this year,Spitz started at Center last year for almost the whole season because Wells hurt his back.Yes Barbre is starting and thats different because Tauscher tore his knee up and wasnt resigned,,so thats 4 or 5 in the same spot,so once again fraud you busted Idiot
eric

Monroe, WI

#16 Aug 26, 2009
i dont care who started in 07 im looking at last year as well. ok since your going to whine like the jackass you are........
Clifton LT
College LG
Wells C
Spitz RG
Taushcher RT
so same Left side RG went to C because of injuy and RT tore a knee, so thats 3 of 5 and the 2 out are because of injury for the most part.
look at the rest of the team,,
RB Grant
Wr Driver,Jennings
TE Lee
Defense
Pickett,Jenkins,Jolly Kampman Barnett,Hawk Poppinga
Harris,Woodson, Bigby.Collins also Brandon Jackson
Wynn, Wil Blackmon,Jared Bush,and i didnt include Mason Crosby so how many legit starters or backups who play a big part from 07 are their now? thats 23 and thats doenst include Desomd Bishop,Tramon Williams Aaron Rodgers ( who didnt play so i didnt include him at top) John Kuhn ( FB)theres 27 players who play starter or backup with some playing time/special teams,i didnt include the other25 who didnt see any time or play much,so yes the roster of players ( who actually play )is pretty much the same.
GBPfan

Colorado Springs, CO

#17 Aug 26, 2009
eric wrote:
Sitton Played the last 3 games last year at RG and is starting there this year,Spitz started at Center last year for almost the whole season because Wells hurt his back.Yes Barbre is starting and thats different because Tauscher tore his knee up and wasnt resigned,,so thats 4 or 5 in the same spot,so once again fraud you busted Idiot
Spitz only had 3 starts at Center last year idiot. That means that from the Center to LT there will be new starters at those positions. That is more than half the line undergoing changes just from LAST YEAR.

You stupidly claimed the Packers are the same team as 2007! They aren't even the same as last year idiot. Stop the lies. Don't you ever have real facts. Anybody can confirm that I am right and that you are wrong. All they have to do is check the players career info.
GBPfan

Colorado Springs, CO

#18 Aug 26, 2009
eric wrote:
i dont care who started in 07 im looking at last year as well. ok since your going to whine like the jackass you are........
Clifton LT
College LG
Wells C
Spitz RG
Taushcher RT
so same Left side RG went to C because of injuy and RT tore a knee, so thats 3 of 5 and the 2 out are because of injury for the most part.
look at the rest of the team,,
RB Grant
Wr Driver,Jennings
TE Lee
Defense
Pickett,Jenkins,Jolly Kampman Barnett,Hawk Poppinga
Harris,Woodson, Bigby.Collins also Brandon Jackson
Wynn, Wil Blackmon,Jared Bush,and i didnt include Mason Crosby so how many legit starters or backups who play a big part from 07 are their now? thats 23 and thats doenst include Desomd Bishop,Tramon Williams Aaron Rodgers ( who didnt play so i didnt include him at top) John Kuhn ( FB)theres 27 players who play starter or backup with some playing time/special teams,i didnt include the other25 who didnt see any time or play much,so yes the roster of players ( who actually play )is pretty much the same.
You say; "i dont care who started in 07 im looking at last year as well." Does that mean you are admitting you are wrong about 2007?

Anyone with any common sense knows I'm right. All they have to do is read the title of this article:

"Line is Drawn: Spitz, Sitton, Barbre Win Jobs"

Obviously, those three players have new jobs! You must love embarrassing yourself.
eric

Monroe, WI

#19 Aug 26, 2009
also Justin Harrell, james jones allen barbre korey hall ruevel martin charlie peprah tony moll jason hunter michae lmontgomery so thats 36 guys from the 07 team thats still here

so thats 36 of the 52 man roster is still here from 07 sounds so thats 16 guys who were there that arent there now! sounds much the same doenst it?

but of course keep up the name calling,,we are talking the same roster and 36 of the smae guys from that team are still here,and most of the same starters or guys with legit playing time
eric

Monroe, WI

#20 Aug 26, 2009
as i proved 36 players from 07 on the roster now and much of the same starters.

but of course you will now start with the losing record bullshit,even though you didnt start bitching until 07 when we were 13-3 and Coach Mc.record is 27-21 with Ted

yes they are first time official starters now,,
my point is and still is Spitz played center last year,FaCT, Sitton played ans was penciled in as starting RG last year,till he suffered a twisted/sprained kneee last preseon game so he missed legit time of the season,so Barbre is the only one out of position, Yes Sitton is a new starter,but,he was the starter in preseason last year,but hurt his knee and missed the first 8 weeks of the season. so 1 player out of place,besides Coach Mc picked the 5 he felt best so why are you bitching? 36 of 52 of the same players ,and almost all the same starters and 2nd strings on the roster,basically the same 30 or so who will see playing time were here in 07.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Scott Wells Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Packers snap up Jeff Saturday to replace Wells (Mar '12) Mar '12 packrat 4
News Green Bay Packers Scheduled Meeting With Center... (Mar '12) Mar '12 GBPfan 5
News Neal suspension underscores Packers draft needs... (Mar '12) Mar '12 GBPfan 24
News Three-and-out: Packers' free agency outlook (Mar '12) Mar '12 Randy 4
News Pro Football Focus On The Packers Guards and Ce... (Feb '12) Feb '12 Norman mack 4
News Chattanooga paying family of man shot at 59 tim... (Jan '12) Jan '12 civillain 1
News Pack facing tough offseason questions (Jan '12) Jan '12 eric 9
More from around the web