Saints know they must tighten up run ...

Saints know they must tighten up run defense, with Peterson coming

There are 3 comments on the story from Jan 21, 2010, titled Saints know they must tighten up run defense, with Peterson coming. In it, reports that:

At an early-morning staff meeting the day before New Orleans' 45-14 victory over the Arizona Cardinals on Saturday, Saints defensive coordinator Gregg Williams had another game he wanted to play with his assistant coaches.

Join the discussion below, or

Since: Dec 09

Minneapolis, MN

#1 Jan 22, 2010
This could be the game when Childress finally cuts loose with some power running. You can bet Phil LoadHolt and Herrera and Sullivan are ready to show the world how they can plow the road for Adrian Peterson and Chester Taylor. I bet McKinney and Hutchinson are getting sick of the "you guys can't run block" thing.

We all know Brett Favre loves to use Peterson to keep defenses bunched up in the middle, but the Saints just aren't a run stopping team. I think the Vikings O-Line has the size and strength to push the Saints off the line of scrimmage. I wanna see our five guys push their five guys straight backwards five yards at a time. Nothing quiets a home crowd faster than seeing their guys get pushed over backwards.

It's time for some power football. Skol!

Since: Feb 08

#2 Jan 22, 2010
That's like asking Octomom to tighten up her koochiepop.

Since: Feb 08

#3 Jan 23, 2010
I will be so happy when Brett torches Sharper.
Darren mailed in half of his effort last year for the Vikings, and now he is running his mouth for the Aint's.
By the end of the game, he will wish he played harder last year.
Same with Matty Birk, I'll bet he didn't foresee the Vikes not only beating the Ravens this year, but advancing beyond them in the playoffs as well.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Scott Shanle Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Other than Jermon Bushrod, which New Orleans Sa... (Mar '13) Mar '13 Wayne Morris 2
News Despite 7-9 record, New Orleans Saints liked th... (Jan '13) Jan '13 nolapround 5
News Saints try to regroup, Vilma meets with Goodell (Sep '12) Sep '12 Taking a Vitt 1
News Saints vs. Redskins: Angry Who Dat's Opponent M... (Sep '12) Sep '12 Angry Who Dat 2
News New Orleans Saints trade one versatile back and... (Jul '11) Aug '11 Breesfarts 18
News Why can't the New Orleans Saints stop the tight... (Oct '10) Oct '10 Alaudun 1
News New Orleans Saints linemen looking to increase ... (Sep '10) Sep '10 Phil Frazier 1
More from around the web