Colts begin preparation for 1st AFC South game

Full story: The Indianapolis Star

After taking the weekend off to savor their authoritative first step into the season, the Indianapolis Colts will focus on their primary objective when they return to work this morning.
Comments
1 - 20 of 66 Comments Last updated Sep 14, 2007
First Prev
of 4
Next Last
Jim

League City, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 10, 2007

Maybe the Colts should untie their shoelaces so that when they trip over them, they will cause the Titan runners to trip over them......that's one way to tackle.
After watching the Titans highlights for Sunday's game, they are scary.
Jim

Indianapolis, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 10, 2007

This will be lost number one for the Colts. No way can they stop the Titans at home.
bing55

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 10, 2007

What? You didn't watch the Colts Thursday? Last year the defense went into a funk and we all know that. But came back in the playoffs, and are still there now. I can not wait to see how Vince and company does against this years Defense!!!
Go Colts.

Since: Jul 07

Lexington, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 10, 2007

cant stop the titans give me a break. they will stop vince young enough and he will stop himself with a couple turnovers and the offense will throw up and down the field for a 35- 17 colts win
dave

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 10, 2007

I WILL TAKE PEYTONS ARM OVER VINCE'S LEGS ANYDAY! HE IS A RUNNER ONLY LIKE MIKE VICK. A QB IN THE NFL HAS TO BE A THROWER FIRST. HE WILL GET INJURED JUST LIKE EVERY OTHER RUNNER THATS WANTS TO PLAY QB.
Jared

Pryor, OK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 10, 2007

First test of the season... I don't think that it will make the season, but it will probably set the tone. Hope for the best, but prepare for the worst.
oh yea

Greenfield, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 10, 2007

Jim wrote:
This will be lost number one for the Colts. No way can they stop the Titans at home.
The Colts' defense held last year's number one scoring offense to 3 POINTS on Thursday! Is that not good enough for you?!?!?

Tennessee barely managed 13 points against a Jacksonville team in shambles. Too many starters recovering from serious injuries on the defense, the offense has huge question marks at QB, WR, and TE. A 41-10 beat-down of the Saints is a heckuva lot more impressive to me than Chris Brown having the game of his life for the Titans.

And remember, Nick Harper gets to cover either Reggie or Marvin on Sunday. The last time an ex-Colt corner covered our wideouts, oh yea, that's right, he gave up 150 yards receiving and 3 touchdowns.

This team is in midseason form. Colts win.
kleckoismyhero

Eastview, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 10, 2007

The Colts defense held the highest scoring offense of 06 to ZERO touchdowns and only 1 field goal. Reggie Bush and Duece McAlister were nonfactors the entire game. How can you say that the Colts are going to lose?
bears fan

Dauphin, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 10, 2007

kleckoismyhero wrote:
The Colts defense held the highest scoring offense of 06 to ZERO touchdowns and only 1 field goal. Reggie Bush and Duece McAlister were nonfactors the entire game. How can you say that the Colts are going to lose?
The key words in your statement were last year. The saints were great last year. I like the Colts. I am happy for their success but after one game don't hand the defense the keys to the city yet. Who knows what kind of season the saints will have. Yes they were 10-6 last year but that was last year. I agree if the Colts play the Titans like they did the saints, they will probably win but the Titans are a different team. The Colts better get their special teams together as well.

“Mike Tyson ate my children.”

Since: Jan 07

Camby, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 10, 2007

Jim wrote:
If you're gonna stir the pot, use a bigger spoon, not toothpick.
DOLTS OVERRATED

Dauphin, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 10, 2007

YEEEEEEHAAAAAA!!!!!!!!!!
DId you all see the mighty Pats yesterday against the Jets. I guarantee the Jets are a better team than the Saints. If the Jets were in the NFC last year they would have gone to the SB. Look out for Moss. Brady had enough time to throw, he could have played the entire game without pads. Oh my. I am sure I will get all types of insults and negative comments. Bring it. It only means all you losers are scared. HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH
Brady #1
Delldude

Florence, AL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 10, 2007

"BE AFRAID, VERY AFRAID"

THE NEW ENGLAND PATRIOTS

LOOKED AWESOME!!

and I can't stand them,but they looked like the ones to be beat

Since: Mar 07

Indianapolis, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 10, 2007

DOLTS OVERRATED wrote:
YEEEEEEHAAAAAA!!!!!!!!!!
DId you all see the mighty Pats yesterday against the Jets. I guarantee the Jets are a better team than the Saints. If the Jets were in the NFC last year they would have gone to the SB. Look out for Moss. Brady had enough time to throw, he could have played the entire game without pads. Oh my. I am sure I will get all types of insults and negative comments. Bring it. It only means all you losers are scared. HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH
Brady #1
I think tomorrow is amateur night at Crackers in Broad Ripple. I think you've got some great material, so far.
COLTS UNDERRATED

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 10, 2007

DOLTS OVERRATED wrote:
YEEEEEEHAAAAAA!!!!!!!!!!
Brady #1
Not you again!!! I saw the game yesterday and yes the Pats looked good but not better then the COLTS did against the Saints. It is the PATS that are scared. Why do you think they spent so much in the offseason? Because the Colts own them. I am sure you will have some smart as* remark that has nothing logical to say about the colts but that is fine. Please quit posting or say something intelligent. Manning #1
Colts Rock

West Lafayette, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 10, 2007

This'll be a great test for our run D. Granted we owned the Bush-McAllister combo, but the way Vince Young torched us last year still irks me.

Yet...we didn't have Bob Sanders last year against the Titans. Annihilation!
1up colts

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 10, 2007

colts are better than the pats, enough said.
also, did anyone enjoy watching the bears suck yesterday as much as i did? wow i can't believe they'll play grossman all year.
BET

New Lenox, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 10, 2007

Words you least expect to hear from me: I flew in for the game & damn I was impressed.

The colts do not own the pats...that might be the dumbest statement ever...nor can you say the colts looked better.
Now, if the Brady - Moss connection is going to be as good as advertised, WATCH OUT!

But, Manning made everything look so easy once he got settled in.
This will be a hell of a match-up once it happens.
Colts Fan In Florida

Seminole, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 10, 2007

Another " s..t" for brains patsy fan.... I guess the Boston Globe fan forum kicked his a.. out and now he is lurking around this site.
Can't wait until week 9 and see Brady running for his life... and Bob Sanders putting Randy Moss on the IR list!
DOLTS OVERRATED wrote:
YEEEEEEHAAAAAA!!!!!!!!!!
Brady #1
COLTS UNDERRATED

Peapack, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 10, 2007

1up colts wrote:
colts are better than the pats, enough said.
also, did anyone enjoy watching the bears suck yesterday as much as i did? wow i can't believe they'll play grossman all year.
It makes a pretty big statement about how horrid Greise is if they still play rex. I heard the bears are interested in leftwich.
blackhawk

Redmond, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 10, 2007

fisher always has a wrinkle or 2 for the colts.... they play us tough every time, with lesser talent.
looking forward to a good game.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

First Prev
of 4
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Scott Shanle Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Other than Jermon Bushrod, which New Orleans Sa... (Mar '13) Mar '13 Wayne Morris 2
Despite 7-9 record, New Orleans Saints liked th... (Jan '13) Jan '13 nolapround 5
Saints try to regroup, Vilma meets with Goodell (Sep '12) Sep '12 Taking a Vitt 1
Saints vs. Redskins: Angry Who Dat's Opponent M... (Sep '12) Sep '12 Angry Who Dat 2
New Orleans Saints trade one versatile back and... (Jul '11) Aug '11 Breesfarts 18
Why can't the New Orleans Saints stop the tight... (Oct '10) Oct '10 Alaudun 1
New Orleans Saints linemen looking to increase ... (Sep '10) Sep '10 Phil Frazier 1

Search the Scott Shanle Forum:
•••
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••