Solid backing by Saint

Feb 3, 2010 Full story: www.boston.com 17

Fujita unafraid to support gay rights.

When the request arrived in an e-mail last fall, Scott Fujita replied immediately and without reservation.

A friend had asked him his opinion. He answered. That was how Fujita looked at it.

Full Story

DNF

“Religious Freedom to Marry”

Since: Apr 07

Newark OH / Baltimore MD

#1 Feb 3, 2010
BRAVO
And I hope the Saints wipe the field with the Indianapolis sneakers as we affectionately know them in Baltimore.

“Love thy neighbor!”

Since: Dec 06

Westland , MI

#2 Feb 3, 2010
Isn't it interesting that more and more people are showing their humanity. I think it just shows that given time, Americans will do the right and fair thing.

DNF

Newark OH / Baltimore MD

#3 Feb 3, 2010
Gay Mom wrote:
Isn't it interesting that more and more people are showing their humanity. I think it just shows that given time, Americans will do the right and fair thing.
Makes me proud.

“Equality First”

Since: Jan 09

St. Louis, MO

#4 Feb 3, 2010
Sometimes I get a little depressed, reading all the posts on these threads, and seeing the hostility and hatred that some have for us. After a while it becomes a little over-whelming. Then, along comes a story like this. It reminds us all that the U.S. is, indeed, much larger, freedom-loving, and uplifting than the trolls on here demonstrate. Thank our lucky stars that America is made up of more pepole like this gentleman, and the bigots we usually come in contact with.

“Equality First”

Since: Jan 09

St. Louis, MO

#5 Feb 3, 2010
That last line should read.....like this gentleman, THAN the bigots we usually come in contact with.

Since: Mar 09

Location hidden

#6 Feb 3, 2010
Gay Mom wrote:
"From your lips to the gay gods ears"

Since: Apr 08

Burlington, Canada

#7 Feb 3, 2010
Glad to see someone using their moment in the spotlight to try and make the world a better place!
Tim

East Northport, NY

#8 Feb 3, 2010
Once the Jets lost, I wasn't sure who I was going to root for this Sunday. NOW I know.... Go Saints!!!
CHAS

Dillon, CO

#9 Feb 3, 2010
Fujita has got cojones.

“ ILKS r kewl ”

Since: Apr 09

Conch republic

#10 Feb 3, 2010
Nice to see that SOMEONE has the BALLS to stand up for something right and much bigger than he is! And I'm not talking about a 'god'.........

DNF

Newark OH / Baltimore MD

#11 Feb 3, 2010
CHAS wrote:
Fujita has got cojones.
and a killer smile

Scott Fujita #55 LB
2009 STATS
TACK FF INT
58 2 0
2009 FANTASY STATS
% OWN WK +/- AVG DRAFT
0.9% 0.0% 170.0
Birth Date April 28, 1979
Birth Place Ventura, CA
Height 6-5
Weight 250 lbs.
Age 30
Pronounced Foo-JEE-ta
Position LB
Experience 8 years
College California
Next Game: Saints at Colts
Sunday 2/7, 6:25 PM ET CBS

http://scores.espn.go.com/nfl/players/profile...

“Choose wisely!”

Since: Jul 07

Los Angeles

#12 Feb 3, 2010
BRAVO!!!

DNF

Newark OH / Baltimore MD

#13 Feb 3, 2010
Mr. Fujita, I have gained a new respect for "jocks" and I have you to thank. Wonderful article. Tell your Mom & grandmother I said hello.

-David F

“Son of Abraham”

Since: Aug 07

Natural Deviant

#14 Feb 3, 2010
What a great article. Of course it takes a totally straight man to support gay rights. I have a feeling, since most people are bisexual to some extent, those other players were unwilling to have their names attached to this project since they were afraid a part of them might be exposed.

btw, what contrast this is to Tim Tebow, a closeted gay man, aligning himself with Focus on the Family?

Since: Oct 08

Location hidden

#15 Feb 3, 2010
Fujita is a great guy and a hero to New Orleans..
Hell has frozen!!!!
WHO DAT NATION, BABY!!!!!
Gay in Bethlehem

Allentown, PA

#16 Feb 3, 2010
Oooh good, now I have a team to root for.

Since: Oct 08

New Orleans, LA

#17 Feb 4, 2010
I have nothing to say.........and that's all i have to say bout that.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Scott Shanle Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Other than Jermon Bushrod, which New Orleans Sa... (Mar '13) Mar '13 Wayne Morris 2
Despite 7-9 record, New Orleans Saints liked th... (Jan '13) Jan '13 nolapround 5
Saints try to regroup, Vilma meets with Goodell (Sep '12) Sep '12 Taking a Vitt 1
Saints vs. Redskins: Angry Who Dat's Opponent M... (Sep '12) Sep '12 Angry Who Dat 2
New Orleans Saints trade one versatile back and... (Jul '11) Aug '11 Breesfarts 18
Why can't the New Orleans Saints stop the tight... (Oct '10) Oct '10 Alaudun 1
New Orleans Saints linemen looking to increase ... (Sep '10) Sep '10 Phil Frazier 1
•••
•••

Scott Shanle People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••