Local Roethlisberger fans say 'he's j...

Local Roethlisberger fans say 'he's just a nice guy'

There are 193 comments on the Public Opinion story from Apr 13, 2010, titled Local Roethlisberger fans say 'he's just a nice guy'. In it, Public Opinion reports that:

Most sports fans gathered at Fox's West End bar in Chambersburg Tuesday evening said Pittsburgh Steelers quarterback Ben Roethlisberger should be "left alone" and allowed to play football.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Public Opinion.

Since: Dec 08

Latrobe, PA

#172 Apr 27, 2010
BIZ R wrote:
<quoted text>
Yeah but this isn't the first time he's been accused of sexual misconduct. Based on comments from some of his former "teammates" and Terry Bradshaw's remark last week, I've got some serious doubts about Ben and his ability to be a team player.
Not all 53 roster members and the 8 practice squad players are going to like each other. Every team has its cliques and such, that is just the way life is. Some guys may not like Ben, and Ben may not like certain guys.

There were guys who played for the Steelers in the 70's that didn't like Bradshaw, but they won 4 Superbowls.

Accused and being convicted are two different issues altogether. Ben shouldn't be putting himself in these situations to begin with.
BIZ R

Akron, OH

#174 Apr 28, 2010
Biff 33 wrote:
<quoted text>Not all 53 roster members and the 8 practice squad players are going to like each other. Every team has its cliques and such, that is just the way life is. Some guys may not like Ben, and Ben may not like certain guys.
There were guys who played for the Steelers in the 70's that didn't like Bradshaw, but they won 4 Superbowls.
Accused and being convicted are two different issues altogether. Ben shouldn't be putting himself in these situations to begin with.
I agree with most of your comments. It would be a world shattering event if everyone got along and liked each other, especially a group of jocks with huge egos.
Still, there's something seedy about a guy who takes advantage of a drunken co-ed. Proves he's no gentleman and conforms to low morals. Not the sort of guy you want your 20 year old daughter hanging with. Ben's far from 20 and one would think as one gets older they should get wiser and that doesn't seem to be happening.

Latrobe, PA

#175 Apr 28, 2010
BIZ R wrote:
<quoted text>
I agree with most of your comments. It would be a world shattering event if everyone got along and liked each other, especially a group of jocks with huge egos.
Still, there's something seedy about a guy who takes advantage of a drunken co-ed. Proves he's no gentleman and conforms to low morals. Not the sort of guy you want your 20 year old daughter hanging with. Ben's far from 20 and one would think as one gets older they should get wiser and that doesn't seem to be happening.
To an extant I agree. I have said throughout, he shouldn't be putting himself in these situations to begin with, he has enough money -- he should be able to entertain himself without getting into trouble.

Again though, from everything that I read, he wasn't aware of her age, and probably assumed she was over 21, given that she followed him to two different bars, before hitting Capital City. She had in her possession a fake ID and was, according to witness accounts, already intoxicated before going to the first bar (the Velvet).

By law she is an adult. She made that decision to possess a fake ID, that was previously confiscated two weeks earlier.

As many of the witness accounts that have been published and discussed amongst the national media, there are just as many documents by witnesses that aren't getting as much attention that completely contradict her story (all three versions of her story).

Again, I believe Ben is a dope for even putting himself in this situation, given his responsibility to himself, others, his employer et cetera, et cetera. Whether he did anything illegal is up for debate, because nothing was proven and he was not tried for anything in case.
LaTwinda

Brooksville, FL

#176 Apr 28, 2010
I'd love to go on a magic carpet ride with Big Ben.

http://i41.photobucket.com/albums/e293/untame...
Austin Powers

Portland, OR

#177 Apr 28, 2010
LaTwinda wrote:
I'd love to go on a magic carpet ride with Big Ben.
http://i41.photobucket.com/albums/e293/untame...
Sex? With that? There sheer mechanics of it would be mind boggling.
BIZ R

Akron, OH

#178 Apr 28, 2010
Biff 33 wrote:
<quoted text>To an extant I agree. I have said throughout, he shouldn't be putting himself in these situations to begin with, he has enough money -- he should be able to entertain himself without getting into trouble.
Fake ID's are nothing to a typical college student - check out Penn State circuit/circus sometime.
Why do you think Goodall came down on him so hard? Six games/no pay is a lot for a QB.

Latrobe, PA

#179 Apr 28, 2010
BIZ R wrote:
<quoted text>
Fake ID's are nothing to a typical college student - check out Penn State circuit/circus sometime.
Why do you think Goodall came down on him so hard? Six games/no pay is a lot for a QB.
I understand under age persons will always try to procure methods to get into 21+ bars and clubs, there is nothing new there. However, it is illegal.

I don't know if Goodell came down on him that hard really, only time will tell. If you compare it to other suspensions, it seems high. But I think if he wanted to make a statement, then he (Goodell) should do so.

But the next time someone does something similar, then Goodell better issue the same penalty.
Bens a loser

Sanford, NC

#180 May 11, 2010
A little old to be hangin with college stooges.

Starting to seem like a pedo.....

Al Davis wants to talk....

See ya, wouldn't want to be you..... Chester
Go Blue

Lake Worth, FL

#181 May 11, 2010
Kids in Pittsburgh don't want to grow up and be like Ben, do they really? Sexual Deviants?
Bob Roberts

Butler, PA

#183 May 12, 2010
he's guilty!
new report

Brooksville, FL

#184 May 12, 2010
At one point Ben Roeslithberger was very discouraged with his football career and strongly considered selling real estate.

http://www.pigazette.com/Pigraphics/housingmk...

The Geno

“"What I tell ya?"”

Since: Mar 10

Geno the Troll Buster

#185 May 12, 2010
new report wrote:
At one point Ben Roeslithberger was very discouraged with his football career and strongly considered selling real estate.
http://www.pigazette.com/Pigraphics/housingmk...
LMAO!!!!

“The Lombardi Sixpack”

Since: Feb 08

East Butler, PA

#186 May 12, 2010
The Geno wrote:
<quoted text>LMAO!!!!
now that was funny! kudos to the photoshoper.
out raged F

United States

#187 May 12, 2010
Bob Roberts wrote:
he's guilty!
AAAAAHHHHH HELLO!!!!!!

He was not charged with anything.... Moron!!!

And if she was so innocent,why did she have a fake id, already drunk out of her mind and following people around from bar to bar. she went looking for trouble plain and simple.

“The Lombardi Sixpack”

Since: Feb 08

East Butler, PA

#188 May 12, 2010
out raged F wrote:
<quoted text>
AAAAAHHHHH HELLO!!!!!!
He was not charged with anything.... Moron!!!
And if she was so innocent,why did she have a fake id, already drunk out of her mind and following people around from bar to bar. she went looking for trouble plain and simple.
that is a troll you are speaking at/to that follows me around on topix. hero worship of some type I guess. it's not very bright and just posts one liners trying to stir stuff up.
Bullfarts

Houston, TX

#189 May 19, 2010
Local Roethlisberger fans say 'he's just a nice guy' but still would not let him baby sit their 16 year old daughters

New CB's

NOW
FoggyMountainBre akdown

Carnegie, PA

#190 May 27, 2010
he went back to old GF GOLFER LADy
he needs a steady GF

Since: May 09

Location hidden

#191 May 27, 2010
FoggyMountainBreakdown wrote:
he went back to old GF GOLFER LADy
he needs a steady GF
Why don't you write him a letter? I'm sure Big Ben is always open to relationship advice from fans.
FoggyMountainBre akdown

Carnegie, PA

#192 May 27, 2010
Effington wrote:
<quoted text>
Why don't you write him a letter? I'm sure Big Ben is always open to relationship advice from fans.
Not a fan.....
so he would diss my letter i am not a follower of rapists or those who are accused as such..
bar maid

Harleysville, PA

#193 May 27, 2010
Ben is a nice guy-he let's us wait on him!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Santonio Holmes Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Pitt WR Santonio Holmes in denial (Mar '10) Oct '14 Lunch Money Bandit 6
News Despite a case of the drops, Jets confident in ... (May '14) May '14 Laughing Bear Fan 1
News Hernandez charged in double-murder (May '14) May '14 Laughing Bear Fan 1
News Your Reaction to Michael Vick Joining the NY Je... (Mar '14) Mar '14 Phoenix Ascended 4
News Jets' Reed cuts into rookie's playing time (Nov '13) Nov '13 Streetrunner 1
News Rex to Belichick: 'Not true!' Jets also pushed (Oct '13) Oct '13 Rexfeet 2
News How a Football Team Falls Apart (Oct '13) Oct '13 Marion D 5
More from around the web