Local Roethlisberger fans say 'he's just a nice guy'

Most sports fans gathered at Fox's West End bar in Chambersburg Tuesday evening said Pittsburgh Steelers quarterback Ben Roethlisberger should be "left alone" and allowed to play football. Full Story
SteelConcious

New York, NY

#22 Apr 14, 2010
We don't really know if he's been "waived" of being a QB or innocent?! But, the Rooneys might do the same to him as to Holmes...
PA Resident

Chestertown, MD

#23 Apr 14, 2010
Two pay-offs down and maybe one to go? Watch the news? Apparently there is a third female that has hired an attorney and looking at possible charges against him.

He's not an idiot, he's menace!
Grumpy

Chambersburg, PA

#24 Apr 14, 2010
oneopinion wrote:
"I actually don't think he's guilty of anything ... he's just guilty of being in the wrong place at the wrong time with the wrong people."
Like it or not, we will all be judged by the company we keep, not to mention being influenced by same.
Unless you are Barack Obama. Yep that Big Ben is a nice guy. Just like Iron Mike Tyson and that family man Tiger Woods.
Steel Curtain Girl

Mercersburg, PA

#25 Apr 14, 2010
Fan wrote:
You need to go to the bars around the stadium and ask the bartenders what they think of BIG BEN. You will change your tune of him being a nice person
EXACTLY! The bartenders and employees of the nightclubs and bars in which Roethlisberger has frequented would be able to give a better description of his behavior and character than anyone else would when it concerns the allegations against him.
It is no secret that the majority of people in our area are fans of the black and gold, and the Steelers have (in my opinion) the largest fan base of any other NFL team. Just look at the Steelers away games and count the number of loyal fans twirling their yellow terrible towels. I guarantee you will tire of counting after awhile. Regardless of the accusations against Roethlisberger, the fan base will always be there. These "local fans" mentioned in the article prove that by backing him claiming "he's just a nice guy". How many of those locals have met him? The loyalty to the Steelers will most likely cloud Ben’s character and his actions.
I am wondering why this article lightly touched the subject of the recent trade of Santonio Holmes. The recent charges alleged that Holmes threw a drink in a women’s face in Florida, which apparently injured her. If a woman had thrown a drink in Holmes’ face, the public would most likely never hear of it. The media touches upon the drug charges against Holmes that date back to 2008 that contributed to the reasons for his trade to the Jets,(as well as a domestic violence charge) yet these charges were misdemeanors and were dismissed, while the civil case regarding the accusation of a women that Roethlisberger allegedly raped in 2008 is still pending.
Holmes was already benched in 2009 for these off field antics, yet the incidents are haunting him now. I believe that the off field issues surrounding Roethlisberger is the MAIN REASON for Holmes trade to the Jets. Someone needed to be made an example of and unfortunately, the allegations against Holmes and his drink flinging made the SUPER BOWL MVP the candidate. The Steelers are trying to send the message that they will not tolerate such behavior off field. By no means am I saying that Roethlisberger is guilty or not, I just wanted to point out that his actions may have been the main reason the Steelers traded a very talented wide receiver, and I personally think it was a huge mistake. In the meantime, I cannot wait for the season to begin, where I like many, will twirl my terrible towel regardless of any off field incidents.
Steel Curtain Girl

Mercersburg, PA

#26 Apr 14, 2010
Really people wrote:
Good place to do your reporting Jim! The patrons of fox's would think this way!
LMAO, my thoughts exactly! The three patrons who provided their input and the bartender most likely were the only people in the bar besides Tuttle himself that night... Why not go to a place where NASCAR is not the sport of choice?

“"What I tell ya?"”

Since: Mar 10

Geno the Troll Buster

#27 Apr 14, 2010
Chambersburg? that's where they go to family reunions looking to hook up or better yet, find a spouse.

The first thing Big Ben does after having sex is wipe the pepper spray off his face.
nwaf

Windsor, Canada

#28 Apr 14, 2010
without a doubt this 20 year old girl is a scam artist who wanted ben to pay her way through school by falsley charging of something so heinous...

“"What I tell ya?"”

Since: Mar 10

Geno the Troll Buster

#29 Apr 14, 2010
Steel Curtain Girl wrote:
<quoted text>
EXACTLY! The bartenders and employees of the nightclubs and bars in which Roethlisberger has frequented would be able to give a better description of his behavior and character than anyone else would when it concerns the allegations against him.
It is no secret that the majority of people in our area are fans of the black and gold, and the Steelers have (in my opinion) the largest fan base of any other NFL team. Just look at the Steelers away games and count the number of loyal fans twirling their yellow terrible towels. I guarantee you will tire of counting after awhile. Regardless of the accusations against Roethlisberger, the fan base will always be there. These "local fans" mentioned in the article prove that by backing him claiming "he's just a nice guy". How many of those locals have met him? The loyalty to the Steelers will most likely cloud Ben’s character and his actions.
I am wondering why this article lightly touched the subject of the recent trade of Santonio Holmes. The recent charges alleged that Holmes threw a drink in a women’s face in Florida, which apparently injured her. If a woman had thrown a drink in Holmes’ face, the public would most likely never hear of it. The media touches upon the drug charges against Holmes that date back to 2008 that contributed to the reasons for his trade to the Jets,(as well as a domestic violence charge) yet these charges were misdemeanors and were dismissed, while the civil case regarding the accusation of a women that Roethlisberger allegedly raped in 2008 is still pending.
Holmes was already benched in 2009 for these off field antics, yet the incidents are haunting him now. I believe that the off field issues surrounding Roethlisberger is the MAIN REASON for Holmes trade to the Jets. Someone needed to be made an example of and unfortunately, the allegations against Holmes and his drink flinging made the SUPER BOWL MVP the candidate. The Steelers are trying to send the message that they will not tolerate such behavior off field. By no means am I saying that Roethlisberger is guilty or not, I just wanted to point out that his actions may have been the main reason the Steelers traded a very talented wide receiver, and I personally think it was a huge mistake. In the meantime, I cannot wait for the season to begin, where I like many, will twirl my terrible towel regardless of any off field incidents.
I could not agree with you more!! I said the same thing! Holmes was the whipping boy that made the Steelers look like they didn't tollerate this sort of thing all the while, keeping the team's MVP around knowing it's easier to replace a WR than a franchise QB.
WTG

Merchantville, NJ

#30 Apr 14, 2010
Way to go, Jim - that's some good reporting. Nice to know what the good people at Fox's think. Oh, how come no one asked how a 20 year old got drunk at a bar with no consequences to herself and the people who served her?
Hayseed

Birdsboro, PA

#31 Apr 14, 2010
A 20 year-old girl with weak morals and questionable character (with the urging of girlfriends) hooked up with a NFL star (who has suffered massive head injuries and has a reputation for cruising and boozing) and the outcome will be a fat check for her and stike two for Ben.
I've seen some crazy stuff happen at nightclubs in cities across the globe. Some of the acts could result in lengthy prison time. I've seen dozens of seemingly intoxicated girls enter bathroom stalls with guys to do drugs and other things. It's out of control in some college towns.

"Lo Armistead wrote:
He's an idiot! Two sex assaults and a motorcycle accident while driving like a knucklehead...how much more is the Rooney family going to put up with this guy. This is not what Steeler football represents. Reed, Holmes and Roethlisberger......this type of thing didnt happen when Cowher was coach. "

Man, are you kidding? A coach has little control over what grown men do off the field. Coaches are like the police... they can warn you not to commit crimes but it's up to the individual to follow the advise. There were days when an organization could successfully cover up an episode like this, but not anymore. In this e-generation, everything gets out in online chat.

There are many pro athletes with great character. A very small percentage end up in embarrassing scandals.

Since: May 09

Location hidden

#32 Apr 14, 2010
Fox's West End - where Chambersburg's greatest minds meet and give their professional opinions....
Rex J Steelman

Slippery Rock, PA

#33 Apr 14, 2010
The Geno wrote:
Chambersburg? that's where they go to family reunions looking to hook up or better yet, find a spouse.
The first thing Big Ben does after having sex is wipe the pepper spray off his face.
LOL!
Steel Curtain Girl

Mercersburg, PA

#34 Apr 14, 2010
The Geno wrote:
Chambersburg? that's where they go to family reunions looking to hook up or better yet, find a spouse.
The first thing Big Ben does after having sex is wipe the pepper spray off his face.
AHAHAHA! LMAO... thats a good one! I may love my steelers, but that was halarious, I'll def. be using that joke! Thanks!
Rex J Steelman

Slippery Rock, PA

#35 Apr 14, 2010
Steel Curtain Girl wrote:
<quoted text>
EXACTLY! The bartenders and employees of the nightclubs and bars in which Roethlisberger has frequented would be able to give a better description of his behavior and character than anyone else would when it concerns the allegations against him.
It is no secret that the majority of people in our area are fans of the black and gold, and the Steelers have (in my opinion) the largest fan base of any other NFL team. Just look at the Steelers away games and count the number of loyal fans twirling their yellow terrible towels. I guarantee you will tire of counting after awhile. Regardless of the accusations against Roethlisberger, the fan base will always be there. These "local fans" mentioned in the article prove that by backing him claiming "he's just a nice guy". How many of those locals have met him? The loyalty to the Steelers will most likely cloud Ben’s character and his actions.
I am wondering why this article lightly touched the subject of the recent trade of Santonio Holmes. The recent charges alleged that Holmes threw a drink in a women’s face in Florida, which apparently injured her. If a woman had thrown a drink in Holmes’ face, the public would most likely never hear of it. The media touches upon the drug charges against Holmes that date back to 2008 that contributed to the reasons for his trade to the Jets,(as well as a domestic violence charge) yet these charges were misdemeanors and were dismissed, while the civil case regarding the accusation of a women that Roethlisberger allegedly raped in 2008 is still pending.
Holmes was already benched in 2009 for these off field antics, yet the incidents are haunting him now. I believe that the off field issues surrounding Roethlisberger is the MAIN REASON for Holmes trade to the Jets. Someone needed to be made an example of and unfortunately, the allegations against Holmes and his drink flinging made the SUPER BOWL MVP the candidate. The Steelers are trying to send the message that they will not tolerate such behavior off field. By no means am I saying that Roethlisberger is guilty or not, I just wanted to point out that his actions may have been the main reason the Steelers traded a very talented wide receiver, and I personally think it was a huge mistake. In the meantime, I cannot wait for the season to begin, where I like many, will twirl my terrible towel regardless of any off field incidents.
It isn't only Holmes' brushes with the law that made him persona non grata with the Steelers--it was also those ridiculous tweets or chirps or warbles or whatever they were about how he wasn't going to resign with the Steelers, and about how he wasn't happy with his contract. AND, unbelievably, announcing to the world that he was waking up and getting high (this after a four-game suspension for substance abuse issues). You're right that this was just as much about Big Ben as it was about Holmes, but the idiot forced the Steelers hand. If they kept him, they would have to forever renounce their claim to the high road and join the Bengals and Cowboys and Raiders in scumbag-land. I'm sorry to say that Ben may be forcing their hand as well. If they get a really great offer, I say they're going to pull the trigger on a trade. Because things are going to get worse for him before they get better. Women are going to coming out of the woodwork now, some maybe legit, some insane, and some looking for their 15 minutes, but they're coming, mark my words.
Darth Vader

York, PA

#36 Apr 14, 2010
Guess that's why so many people refer to this clown as " Worthless Berger"
what the hay

Franklin, MA

#37 Apr 14, 2010
Steel Curtain Girl wrote:
<quoted text>
EXACTLY! The bartenders and employees of the nightclubs and bars in which Roethlisberger has frequented would be able to give a better description of his behavior and character than anyone else would when it concerns the allegations against him.
It is no secret that the majority of people in our area are fans of the black and gold, and the Steelers have (in my opinion) the largest fan base of any other NFL team. Just look at the Steelers away games and count the number of loyal fans twirling their yellow terrible towels. I guarantee you will tire of counting after awhile. Regardless of the accusations against Roethlisberger, the fan base will always be there. These "local fans" mentioned in the article prove that by backing him claiming "he's just a nice guy". How many of those locals have met him? The loyalty to the Steelers will most likely cloud Ben’s character and his actions.
I am wondering why this article lightly touched the subject of the recent trade of Santonio Holmes. The recent charges alleged that Holmes threw a drink in a women’s face in Florida, which apparently injured her. If a woman had thrown a drink in Holmes’ face, the public would most likely never hear of it. The media touches upon the drug charges against Holmes that date back to 2008 that contributed to the reasons for his trade to the Jets,(as well as a domestic violence charge) yet these charges were misdemeanors and were dismissed, while the civil case regarding the accusation of a women that Roethlisberger allegedly raped in 2008 is still pending.
Holmes was already benched in 2009 for these off field antics, yet the incidents are haunting him now. I believe that the off field issues surrounding Roethlisberger is the MAIN REASON for Holmes trade to the Jets. Someone needed to be made an example of and unfortunately, the allegations against Holmes and his drink flinging made the SUPER BOWL MVP the candidate. The Steelers are trying to send the message that they will not tolerate such behavior off field. By no means am I saying that Roethlisberger is guilty or not, I just wanted to point out that his actions may have been the main reason the Steelers traded a very talented wide receiver, and I personally think it was a huge mistake. In the meantime, I cannot wait for the season to begin, where I like many, will twirl my terrible towel regardless of any off field incidents.
You lady are a fricking idiot. This is not about black and gold, or about football.

This is about a dumb QB that cannot keep his d.i.n.k in his jeans.

Like to hear your tone if your daughter was next in line for the Big Ben. Then again, "as a Stillers fan" you would probably be proud.
whahooo

Franklin, MA

#38 Apr 14, 2010
Darth Vader wrote:
Guess that's why so many people refer to this clown as " Worthless Berger"
After his cycle wreck it was Face-like-burger...
Steel Curtain Girl

Mercersburg, PA

#39 Apr 14, 2010
what the hay wrote:
<quoted text>
You lady are a fricking idiot. This is not about black and gold, or about football.
This is about a dumb QB that cannot keep his d.i.n.k in his jeans.
Like to hear your tone if your daughter was next in line for the Big Ben. Then again, "as a Stillers fan" you would probably be proud.
No where in my post did I say Roethlisberger was innocent. He IS a dumb QB, he does need to keep his "d.i.n.k" in his jeans & out of the bars and night clubs. I just touched on the subject of the recent trade. The QB has yet to get so much as a slap on the wrist and I think its BS. By no means would I ever be happy with someone like Roethlisbergers or anyone with his type of history near my daughter - if i even have one - Yeah, I'm a Steelers fan, that doesnt mean I agree with ANY of the players off field actions, in fact its down right embarressing for the entire team. If my post made me an idiot in your eyes, then so be it... Your opinion of me is neither required nor desired cupcake.

“"What I tell ya?"”

Since: Mar 10

Geno the Troll Buster

#40 Apr 14, 2010
Steel Curtain Girl wrote:
<quoted text>
No where in my post did I say Roethlisberger was innocent. He IS a dumb QB, he does need to keep his "d.i.n.k" in his jeans & out of the bars and night clubs. I just touched on the subject of the recent trade. The QB has yet to get so much as a slap on the wrist and I think its BS. By no means would I ever be happy with someone like Roethlisbergers or anyone with his type of history near my daughter - if i even have one - Yeah, I'm a Steelers fan, that doesnt mean I agree with ANY of the players off field actions, in fact its down right embarressing for the entire team. If my post made me an idiot in your eyes, then so be it... Your opinion of me is neither required nor desired cupcake.
he must have misread your comment. You made perfectly good sense to me.
Rex J Steelman

Slippery Rock, PA

#41 Apr 14, 2010
what the hay wrote:
<quoted text>
You lady are a fricking idiot. This is not about black and gold, or about football.
This is about a dumb QB that cannot keep his d.i.n.k in his jeans.
Like to hear your tone if your daughter was next in line for the Big Ben. Then again, "as a Stillers fan" you would probably be proud.
Nothing you say in this post has any bearing on the post you're responding to, so I'd say that makes YOU the idiot, Drooly. Try gaining some basic second grade reading comprehension, if that's available in South Carolina, and then try again.

And BTW, only a child says "dink."

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Santonio Holmes Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Pitt WR Santonio Holmes in denial (Mar '10) Oct '14 Lunch Money Bandit 6
Despite a case of the drops, Jets confident in ... (May '14) May '14 Laughing Bear Fan 1
Hernandez charged in double-murder (May '14) May '14 Laughing Bear Fan 1
Your Reaction to Michael Vick Joining the NY Je... (Mar '14) Mar '14 Phoenix Ascended 4
Jets' Reed cuts into rookie's playing time (Nov '13) Nov '13 Streetrunner 1
Rex to Belichick: 'Not true!' Jets also pushed (Oct '13) Oct '13 Rexfeet 2
How a Football Team Falls Apart (Oct '13) Oct '13 Marion D 5

Santonio Holmes People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE