Local Roethlisberger fans say 'he's just a nice guy'

Full story: Public Opinion

Most sports fans gathered at Fox's West End bar in Chambersburg Tuesday evening said Pittsburgh Steelers quarterback Ben Roethlisberger should be "left alone" and allowed to play football.
Comments
1 - 20 of 193 Comments Last updated Jun 13, 2010
First Prev
of 10
Next Last
Lo Armistead

Chambersburg, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 14, 2010

Judged:

He's an idiot! Two sex assaults and a motorcycle accident while driving like a knucklehead...how much more is the Rooney family going to put up with this guy. This is not what Steeler football represents. Reed, Holmes and Roethlisberger......this type of thing didnt happen when Cowher was coach.
oneopinion

Carlisle, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 14, 2010

Judged:

"I actually don't think he's guilty of anything ... he's just guilty of being in the wrong place at the wrong time with the wrong people."

Like it or not, we will all be judged by the company we keep, not to mention being influenced by same.
Shaking my Head

Hagerstown, MD

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 14, 2010

Judged:

He's a punk, period.
Wade

Greencastle, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 14, 2010

Too many hits in the head. Ben's judgement is very poor. Terry Bradshaw has it right. Ben does not realize his position as the Steeler's QB and behaves like he's a high school football player who is full of himself.
NaryB

Chambersburg, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 14, 2010

Judged:

just hang this scumbag. don't waste taxpayer money on him.
Wake up

Franklin, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 14, 2010

Judged:

oneopinion wrote:
"I actually don't think he's guilty of anything ... he's just guilty of being in the wrong place at the wrong time with the wrong people."
Like it or not, we will all be judged by the company we keep, not to mention being influenced by same.
What a stupid comment. In one sentence you state "I actually don't think he's guilty of anything". Then go on to state "he's just guilty of being in the wrong place at the wrong time with the wrong people".

He is not guilty, then he is guilty. You said it! Take off your rose colored glasses and get a clue.

He is a big hick dummy, plain and simple. Typical rich, no brains, college 'uneducated', football player.

And you people think there is no connection to multiple accusations of a sexual nature? The bike wreck was nothing. This guy is just plain dumb!

You all er the same people that showered Tiger Woods with glory and where is he at now?
T MONEY

Carlisle, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 14, 2010

BAAA HAHAHHAHAHAA AND YOU ALL KNOW HIM PERSONALLY?
YOU HAVE NO IDEA WHAT HE IS LIKE OR WHO HE REALLY IS.
WHAT A DUMB POINTLESS ARTICLE JIM.
Wake up

Franklin, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 14, 2010

Judged:

er = are, but doesn't change the fact that your QB is just plain dumb!
Bob Harnish

Utopia, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 14, 2010

I always thouht several years ago when he crashed his motorcycle he also killed some brain cells. This guy surrounds himself with very poor choices. And being around off duty young cops sure doesn't help the matter!

“Not fallen”

Since: May 08

WalMartBoro, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 14, 2010

Big Ben, when are you going to stop getting an effin' for the effin' you got?

Since: Oct 08

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 14, 2010

Any average person would call him an idiot if he weren't good at football.
Fan

Mercersburg, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 14, 2010

You need to go to the bars around the stadium and ask the bartenders what they think of BIG BEN. You will change your tune of him being a nice guy
Kindbd

Fort Collins, CO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 14, 2010

Judged:

Why do people expect football players to meet high standards? The truth is that most of them just aren't that bright. I love the Steelers but this is bad publicity for the team and the sport.
worldinspector

Chambersburg, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 14, 2010

This story is a joke, right?
Spade Caller

Newville, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 14, 2010

Sick-Tired wrote:
Any average person would call him an idiot if he weren't good at football.
He's an idiot and only a good football player. Not great. He'll never been in the big books like Bradshaw.
All about MONEY

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 14, 2010

Judged:

The Commissioner (dictator) can suspend, fine or punish him because it will not hurt the $ at the gate or TV Revenue. Football fans will still pay.

Golf Commissioner did nothing to Woods because without him the revenue $ was sliding downhill.
There really is no moral standard, it's all about the MONEY.
are you serious

Philadelphia, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 14, 2010

I can't belive this...or maybe i should! Just being a nice guy gets a lot of people really far around these parts. Even the local legislators who are completely in active and do much to nothing
Rex J Steelman

Slippery Rock, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 14, 2010

Lo Armistead wrote:
He's an idiot! Two sex assaults and a motorcycle accident while driving like a knucklehead...how much more is the Rooney family going to put up with this guy. This is not what Steeler football represents. Reed, Holmes and Roethlisberger......this type of thing didnt happen when Cowher was coach.
Well, the motorcycle accident DID happen when Cowher was coach. I'm not sure how much control over any of this Tomlin has, but it definitely will be a test to see how he can hold the locker room together after the most tumultuous Steeler offseason in history. Which Tomlin will show up? The one who deftly navigated the Faneca situation, or the one who couldn't get the team to show up to play Cincy and KC and Oakland? The Rooneys seem wise to have held off on extending his contract. If he can't get everybody's heads on straight after this, he probably should be let go. If he CAN, however, he should get whatever he wants.
Really people

Chambersburg, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 14, 2010

Good place to do your reporting Jim! The patrons of fox's would think this way!
Grrr

Chambersburg, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 14, 2010

Judged:

GOes to show you if you can throw or catch or tackle you can get away with just about anything. Even if he didn't rape these girls wasn't the 2nd set of alligations underaged and didn't he give them booze? Sounds shady but hey hes an athlete so he can do anything he wants!

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

First Prev
of 10
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Santonio Holmes Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Despite a case of the drops, Jets confident in ... May '14 Laughing Bear Fan 1
Hernandez charged in double-murder May '14 Laughing Bear Fan 1
Pitt WR Santonio Holmes in denial (Mar '10) May '14 Frank Mills 4
Your Reaction to Michael Vick Joining the NY Je... Mar '14 Phoenix Ascended 4
Jets' Reed cuts into rookie's playing time (Nov '13) Nov '13 Streetrunner 1
Rex to Belichick: 'Not true!' Jets also pushed (Oct '13) Oct '13 Rexfeet 2
How a Football Team Falls Apart (Oct '13) Oct '13 Marion D 5

Search the Santonio Holmes Forum:
•••
•••