Rough Start: Zorn, Redskins Lose Opener

Rough Start: Zorn, Redskins Lose Opener

There are 35 comments on the NBC 4 Washington, DC story from Sep 4, 2008, titled Rough Start: Zorn, Redskins Lose Opener. In it, NBC 4 Washington, DC reports that:

The New York Giants kicked off their Super Bowl title defense with what else -- defense.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at NBC 4 Washington, DC.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last

“God Bless America”

Since: Feb 08

Woodbridge, VA

#23 Sep 5, 2008
John J wrote:
The only 'Skins' highlight was when Kendall ripped A. Pierce's helmet off. The look of fear on Pierce's face was well-captured by the camera.
Actually that was the look of Pierce about to whoop Kendall's arse all over the place. And Kendall will get fined heavily for headbutting Pierce with his helmet on and Pierce's helmet off.

It should've been Unsportsmanlike Conduct but the refs were clearly in the tank for the deadskins so I wasn't suprised no flag was thrown there.
MER79

Springfield, VA

#24 Sep 5, 2008
How come no one has mentioned how bad Carlos Rodgers is? Why haven't we gotten rid of him. He has proven that he can't cover any receiver in the NFL year after year. Burress blew him up for about 100 yards at least. Thanks to Vinny & Daniel for picking a coach who doesn't know how to handle overpaid pre-maddonas. Time for a cleaning out of management and players. I would rather have Gus Ferrotte back than to have Cambell start against the Saints.

Centreville, VA

#25 Sep 5, 2008
MER79 wrote:
How come no one has mentioned how bad Carlos Rodgers is? Why haven't we gotten rid of him. He has proven that he can't cover any receiver in the NFL year after year. Burress blew him up for about 100 yards at least. Thanks to Vinny & Daniel for picking a coach who doesn't know how to handle overpaid pre-maddonas. Time for a cleaning out of management and players. I would rather have Gus Ferrotte back than to have Cambell start against the Saints.
i definitely agree that carlos rodgers is pretty bad. watching him over the years has been painful. i think he has bricks for hands and has no idea how to cover.
madgote

Reedley, CA

#26 Sep 5, 2008
I agree with guest 100% 5:00 left in the game and you a down 9 point and you run the ball? What was Zorn smoking? Campbell was at fault as well. Always throwing short of the first down. Colt would have shown him how it was done!!!
guest wrote:
i blame this poor performance on zorn. yes, campbell looked horrible, but zorn's play calling was questionable AND his time management at the end of the game was horrible. no sense of urgency. i guess this is what we get for a first time coach/offensive coordinator. thanks, vinny.
mwgfret

London, Canada

#27 Sep 5, 2008
I thought this was a wonderful game. The super QB proves he sucks no matter how PC we may be. Zorn is in the process of helping to prove that Danny & Vinny have no idea at all what they are doing.
Taylor

Vienna, VA

#28 Sep 7, 2008
Derses wrote:
"Rough Start: Zorn, Redskins Lose Opener" - Well I guess so. He has no offense, he has no effective running backs, he has no quarter back and he has no defensive secondary.
The majority of the redskins are nothing but thugs and duds. If they would not perform to standards for a great coach like Joe Gibbs they sure won't come close to standards for a good coach like Jim Zorn, they'll just run all over him instead of running all over the field like they should.
Redskin players and they silly, unprofessional gimmicks. What were those stupid shoes that Campbell and others were wearing last night? Were the supposed to confuse the refs and cause the clock to stop because the were mistaken for a flag on the field?
The redskins only play for face time on t.v. and remain the most theatrical bunch of losers in the NFL. Any boy-o-boy what a bunch of illiterate idiots when we have to listen to them talk and it is evident that they received any college degree they say they have by merely attending and taking a slot away from a worthy student. But they are true to the Washington area and the spin that is put onto everything wrong and corrupt and they talk like politicians in that respect. If they can't dazzel the fans with brilliance on the field baffel them with b.s. on t.v.
Another year without a team called the Redskins, just a bunch of indivdual prima donnas.
Go Indianapolis!!
You said it! The prima donna thing is prevalent now in all black athletes. I miss the days of sportsmanship and character. Men like Joe Namath were class on and off the field, now we have apes like Ray Lewis, who should be banned for life. Thugs like Sean Taylor who get whacked because you can take them out the jungle but not the jungle out of them. Im watching HOCKEY now, even when white guys fight and goon it up they have more class then those apes. They leave the violence on the ice.
skinsfan4life

United States

#29 Sep 8, 2008
danny snyder has been ruining this team since the day he stepped in as owner... he thinks he knows whats best but has been making the stupidest mistakes i have ever seen... and he changes everything so often noone can get settled and comfortable... i love the skins but as long as danny is around to F*** up the team we will never make it anywhere.. if he loves the team as much as he says he does hed sell it to someone with a little common sense... he is the worst thing to happen to the skins since the creation of the team
BOB

Statesville, NC

#30 Sep 9, 2008
skinsfan4life wrote:
danny snyder has been ruining this team since the day he stepped in as owner... he thinks he knows whats best but has been making the stupidest mistakes i have ever seen... and he changes everything so often noone can get settled and comfortable... i love the skins but as long as danny is around to F*** up the team we will never make it anywhere.. if he loves the team as much as he says he does hed sell it to someone with a little common sense... he is the worst thing to happen to the skins since the creation of the team
This team hasn't been ths same since Bobby Bethard left.Think about it!
Trixie

Richmond, VA

#31 Sep 9, 2008
If he is continuing to start, then Jason Campbell needs to throw the ball sooner! He looks as if he is in a daze.
REDSKINS REALITY

Atlanta, GA

#32 Sep 9, 2008
U guys sound like a bunch of bandwagon fakers who know nothing about "the game". Jim Zorn is trying to run an offense that his team is just not equipped for. The O-Line's pass blocking scheme's aren't getting it done and Campbell will never have time to complete even a 2yard pass if it doesn't change. Your teams strength and the Giants weakness is the running game. Why didn't Clinton get more carries??? The running game is the key to this version of the West Coast Offense.
Right On

AOL

#33 Sep 9, 2008
I can't wait to see my Saints come in and stomp this POS Deadskins team this weekend,,,that is unless New Orleans does what they are famous for..winning for 58 minutes and giving away the game in the final two minutes!
The "Skinned" Team will be lucky to go 6-10 with Campbell's Dark and Clueless Soup at QB. Bring in Culpepper, he just retired but he might come back! He played very well for the Vikings before getting hurt.
BOB

Statesville, NC

#34 Sep 9, 2008
Trixie wrote:
If he is continuing to start, then Jason Campbell needs to throw the ball sooner! He looks as if he is in a daze.
Loks like he can't take the pressure and goes into panic mode
yeah

Washington, DC

#35 Sep 11, 2008
QB Joe wrote:
Jason "No-Clue" Campbell has done nothing so far with the Skins to justify having him on the team, let alone start a game. He is at best a low-grade QB, good for the likes of college football, but all at sea in the big leagues. With him, the Skins are looking at a 4-10 season.
what about the other 2 games?

Since: Sep 08

Hampton, VA

#36 Sep 11, 2008
JC has had 4 different offenses in 5 years. The last one being west coast style run and gun. He is a pocket QB that takes 5-7 step drop back. West coast is 3 max. Give him 3 or 4 games, let the o-line learn the blocking schemes.

Redskin fans has always been quick to execute QB's after one bad game. Me included.
BOB

Fowlerville, MI

#37 Sep 12, 2008
757jerseys dot com wrote:
JC has had 4 different offenses in 5 years. The last one being west coast style run and gun. He is a pocket QB that takes 5-7 step drop back. West coast is 3 max. Give him 3 or 4 games, let the o-line learn the blocking schemes.
Redskin fans has always been quick to execute QB's after one bad game. Me included.
If the recievers dont catch the ball it doesnt matter who throws it

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Santana Moss Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Redskins inactives: Santana Moss sits (Sep '14) Sep '14 The Shats 2
News Cody Hoffman Should Make Washington Redskins' 5... (May '14) May '14 Any takers 2
News Black NFL players face disproportionate arrest ... (Nov '13) Nov '13 Satan 2
News Passionless Redskins Show Shanahan's Time May B... (Nov '13) Nov '13 wow! 1
News Redskins' free agency starts quietly: Santana M... (Mar '13) Mar '13 skinsfan90 1
News Free Agents & Draft Prospects Who Can Most Help... (Mar '13) Mar '13 kevin 2
News Washington Redskins' London Fletcher Deserves A... (Jan '13) Jan '13 Go Blue Forever 2
More from around the web