Here's another idea: Bonds a no-show ...

Here's another idea: Bonds a no-show for 2008 season

There are 18 comments on the Baltimore Sun story from Nov 4, 2007, titled Here's another idea: Bonds a no-show for 2008 season. In it, Baltimore Sun reports that:

News item: Barry Bonds said he will not show up for his Hall of Fame induction ceremony if his record-breaking 756th home run ball is displayed at Cooperstown with an asterisk on it.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Baltimore Sun.

jon dey

Halifax, Canada

#1 Nov 4, 2007
I agree with everything you just wrote!
John in Conn

Canterbury, CT

#2 Nov 4, 2007
Patriots might be winning 21-6 against the Colts at halftime.

My take: Patriot fans won't feel so comfortable with that lead.
Jeff V

Tampa, FL

#3 Nov 4, 2007
What is it with you, and a lot of the other media and Bonds? Sheffield is every bit the ...jerk that Bonds is, and is every bit the steriod user and yet he gets a free pass.

Other players push cameramen, hit mascots, managers pass out at street signals and a week later you do not hear anything. Bonds, you folks just hammer and hammer at it, give it a rest already.

Yes Bonds cheated to break the homerun mark (Mark did too)and Aarons record (Hank did too....he has admitted to taking speed).

He is also the most interesting thing to see in sports when he is at the bat.

Which is more then I can say for Jay Gibbons.
Richard Brizendine

Parkville, MD

#4 Nov 4, 2007
I agree about B.B. Pete! I like the way you tell it like it is. It would be great if Peter Angelos didn't show up for 2008 as well!

Also very much enjoy you on with C-4!

Take care,

Richard
brck4

United States

#5 Nov 4, 2007
Maybe, perhaps, for the right amount $10 million per year? the great #44 Hank Aaron, could play somewhere as a designated hitter. If he could do what he did then, even a few times, it would be worth the money. Where is Bill Veeck when you really need him.
joeguido69

Auburn, MA

#6 Nov 4, 2007
OK Bonds, but who says your going to the hall of fame? McGuier didn't get in either. You cheaters belong out of baseball...
joeguido69

Auburn, MA

#7 Nov 4, 2007
So who invited you anyway Bonds, the hall doesn't need you.. Your a cheater...
Joseph Okon

Coachella, CA

#8 Nov 4, 2007
You sound like a those bigots that had something negative to say when Aaron broke Ruths record... I hope we live long enough to hear what the concensus will say when the new record is eventually broken. I think this will be the take on your sharade. In time people will understand "When Bonds broke the record, character assasination and negative influences were again used as a tactic by the media to brainwash and influence their prodominately white based reader population, It was used to devide, discredit and spread hate towards any achievements that African Americans athletes do.It has been the method used since Jack Johnson won the boxing championship, was similiarly done with Aaron" Stop using disinformation and hate you cowards. Bonds is not the enemy of America way you are...
Jerry

Milwaukee, WI

#9 Nov 4, 2007
Bonds is the greatest ever!!!!!!!! How about Soa and his corked bat, you imbecile!!!!!!!!!!
Jerry

Milwaukee, WI

#10 Nov 4, 2007
Peter Schmuck, you are a real schmuck!!!!!!!!!!
Kate

Huntingtown, MD

#11 Nov 4, 2007
Reference Jason Varitek giving his autograph to kids at Halloween, his daughter was giving out candy at the same time! Did anyone read the actual story? Geez, the guy does a cool thing and everybody has something negative to say!
bud

New Port Richey, FL

#12 Nov 4, 2007
Kate wrote:
Reference Jason Varitek giving his autograph to kids at Halloween, his daughter was giving out candy at the same time! Did anyone read the actual story? Geez, the guy does a cool thing and everybody has something negative to say!
lighten up--geeze these sox fans r so annoying.
Rob

Las Vegas, NV

#13 Nov 4, 2007
noboy apoligized to cansecco after all the racist called him every dirty liar in the book concering Mcguire..Armstrong isnt hammered [hes sick]..the baseball reporter on espn said paul byrd was a good clean family guy who made a mistake so what is bonds less than human..it's all racisim..TO..Moss.. Reggie Jackson..Daryl Strawberry..Mike preston..whoever is not white and has any kind of issue to be used as an excuse to be hated for
tom

Las Vegas, NV

#14 Nov 5, 2007
i agree with jon dey. we;;
thought out

Since: Mar 07

Virginia Beach, VA

#15 Nov 5, 2007
Peter, please pass along to Marc Ecko my "vote" for the famous/infamous "barry ball":

Burn it. Send the ashes to Cooperstown.

And if the big b.b. doesn't want to go to cooperstown... there will be very few others there crying about it.
Tom

Nashville, TN

#16 Nov 5, 2007
I wonder what the fallout will be if/when Alex Rodriguez is found to have been using steroids all this time. Now, that would really send a shockwave through baseball, eh?

Note to Bonds - You have no control over the ball being branded. If you wanted control, you should have hit it somewhere in the park where it would have been certain to have been returned to you.
However, there was a time when you DID have control over your career being branded. You chose to cheat. No one made that decision for you.

I hope no one in MLB extends an offer to A-Rod. I think the fine people of Toledo deserve to boo him just as much as any other fans do.
patsfan11111111

Summerfield, FL

#17 Nov 5, 2007
Tom wrote:
I wonder what the fallout will be if/when Alex Rodriguez is found to have been using steroids all this time. Now, that would really send a shockwave through baseball, eh?
Note to Bonds - You have no control over the ball being branded. If you wanted control, you should have hit it somewhere in the park where it would have been certain to have been returned to you.
However, there was a time when you DID have control over your career being branded. You chose to cheat. No one made that decision for you.
I hope no one in MLB extends an offer to A-Rod. I think the fine people of Toledo deserve to boo him just as much as any other fans do.
thats a nice thought but someone will give him the money, i just hope its not the red sox. we dont need a mr. april, we need people who step up in the playoffs, drew you finally started earning your paycheck. a-rod is just the opposite. he is the peyton manning of mlb. giant individual stats but more often than not, chokes under pressure.
Alfred--Monterey CA

San Francisco, CA

#18 Nov 6, 2007
I recently conducted an online poll and discovered that Marc Ecko is a racist. Over ten million votes were cast. Interesting, though -- the votes were all cast by employees of Mr. Ecko who used "automatic voting" software available through 518bb.com . According to the seller: "Our automatic voting software is not a vote cheating software but a replacing method for manual voting, which liberates large number of computer and voters and saves human resources of the voters." Perhaps the asterisk on the baseball actually signifies that it was donated to the Hall of Fame by a "cheater," who used performance-enhancing software to garner publicity for his business enterprises -- and another asterisk for the Hall of Fame, which assisted Mr. Ecko in obtaining a huge tax deduction as well as sanction for defacing a historical baseball artifact. Isn't it nice what one can do with lots of money?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Sammy Morris Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News The New England Patriots: The Best Offense in t... (Aug '09) Jan '11 Lucky 45
News Patriots' Taylor eager to return - Sentinel & E... (Nov '10) Nov '10 hii 1
News Patriots all smiles after blowout victory - Sen... (Oct '09) Oct '10 Patriots BeatdDow... 23
News Teammates defend Moss after his postgame remarks (Sep '10) Sep '10 Midnight Rambler 3
News Patriots RB Faulk out for year with knee injury (Sep '10) Sep '10 Bullfarts 2
News Teammates defend outspoken receiver (Sep '10) Sep '10 The Patriot 2
News Welker Back, Brady Shines In Patriots' 28-10 Win (Aug '10) Aug '10 Robbie 2
More from around the web