Dolphins' Brown carrying a lighter load

Dolphins' Brown carrying a lighter load

There are 76 comments on the South Florida Sun-Sentinel story from Oct 25, 2006, titled Dolphins' Brown carrying a lighter load. In it, South Florida Sun-Sentinel reports that:

DAVIE Dolphins running back Ronnie Brown didn't try sugar-coating the answer when asked to evaluate his performance so far this season.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at South Florida Sun-Sentinel.

First Prev
of 4
Next Last
Truth

Fort Lauderdale, FL

#1 Oct 25, 2006
Daunte Culpepper is a fungus to this team. All of the players had such high hopes and they came crashing down when Daunte replayed 2005, 2002, and 2001 here in Miami.

The nonsense of him still being injured is a lie and everyone knows it including the one who was injured.

Look, the guy has won a whopping 47% of his games over his career. Yes, that's with Chris Carter, Randy Moss, and Robert Smith.

The reason he loses 53% of the time is because he fumbles a lot, throws a lot of interceptions and holds on to the ball too long. Not only this year, but lifetime.

Daunte Culpepper's Career Stats:
Played in 85 games.
Has 89 interceptions.
Has 81 fumbles (34 of which were turned over).
Has 249 sacks.

The math is simple from this point. It equals 1.4 turnovers and 3 sacks per game.

The Pro Bowl year of 2004 which everyone talks about ended in an 8-8 season.

IS EVERY ONE ON CRACK????

Wake up South Florida, we need a quarterback. A winning quarterback.

Nevermind all the other BS you talk about in here.

WE NEED A QUARTERBACK!!!
Jacker

Pottstown, PA

#2 Oct 25, 2006
Brown may be carying a light load during the games, but my cousin was a trainers assistant in the preseason and he said that Ronnie has been blowing tons of huge loads after the games.
Alex

United States

#3 Oct 26, 2006
Ronnie is trying... but without a decent offensive line and better coaching/play calling he is just going to be rushing that famous 3 yards and a cloud of dust. Not his fault... plus he needs a decent backup... the horses in the stable next to him need to be sent to the glue factory. And NO... Ricky is not the answer... He is too busy smoking dope to care about his team mates and he needs to be replaced.
Alex

United States

#4 Oct 26, 2006
Truth wrote:
Daunte Culpepper is a fungus to this team. All of the players had such high hopes and they came crashing down when Daunte replayed 2005, 2002, and 2001 here in Miami.
The nonsense of him still being injured is a lie and everyone knows it including the one who was injured.
Look, the guy has won a whopping 47% of his games over his career. Yes, that's with Chris Carter, Randy Moss, and Robert Smith.
The reason he loses 53% of the time is because he fumbles a lot, throws a lot of interceptions and holds on to the ball too long. Not only this year, but lifetime.
Daunte Culpepper's Career Stats:
Played in 85 games.
Has 89 interceptions.
Has 81 fumbles (34 of which were turned over).
Has 249 sacks.
The math is simple from this point. It equals 1.4 turnovers and 3 sacks per game.
The Pro Bowl year of 2004 which everyone talks about ended in an 8-8 season.
IS EVERY ONE ON CRACK????
Wake up South Florida, we need a quarterback. A winning quarterback.
Nevermind all the other BS you talk about in here.
WE NEED A QUARTERBACK!!!
Daunte is not completely at fault....Nick is the main reason that this team is in the toilet. Saunte does not have a real "O" line and it does not help that receivers keep DROPPING the ball.

True, daunte's career numbers are weak, but it is Saban's fault he is here. Drew Brees keeps looking better and better.
Timmy

United States

#5 Oct 26, 2006
Ronnie (Bust) Brown is only a bust because of where he was taken in the draft . If he was taken later say at 15 or 20 we would consider him good. Ronnie is a victem of curmstance.
But over all, the Fins problems are all coaching related! Mularkey stinks and the Defense is just plain old. They look like old men who are getting tired!
Saban needs to clean house.

You know the team seams to not be buying into Saban and they don't want to play for him. Looks like Jimmy Johonson all over again. expect another 62-0 blow out for the Fins in the future so that Wayne gets rid of Saban. That could be next year some time.
duncan

Fairfax, VA

#6 Oct 26, 2006
Timmy wrote:
Ronnie (Bust) Brown is only a bust because of where he was taken in the draft . If he was taken later say at 15 or 20 we would consider him good. Ronnie is a victem of curmstance.
But over all, the Fins problems are all coaching related! Mularkey stinks and the Defense is just plain old. They look like old men who are getting tired!
Saban needs to clean house.
You know the team seams to not be buying into Saban and they don't want to play for him. Looks like Jimmy Johonson all over again. expect another 62-0 blow out for the Fins in the future so that Wayne gets rid of Saban. That could be next year some time.
you cant say that ronnie brown was a bust when in both years he hasn't an o-line to give him the right holes to run through.The problem with the dolphins is every one.Its the quarterbacks for not giving the ball to our pro bowl reciever enough 62 attempts 7 went in Chris Chambers direction 2 caught,its our recievers fault for not making the easy first down catches or deep passes.Its our o- line for giving up 5 sacks in the first 15 snaps of the buffalo game.and its our defense for allowing recievers to catch in double coverage.These problems happened last year and they are happening again it just so happens its worse this year.Every game their is problem with our team in a different part of our team.
GT - VA

United States

#7 Oct 26, 2006
What is it with you people, if the receivers catch the ball, secondary makes plays on the ball when they are in position to do so, and the OL stops creating unnecessary penalties in critical times, this team is probably undefeated or with one loss. Saban nails it when he stresses execution and consistency
dolphken

Melbourne, FL

#8 Oct 26, 2006
The problem with the Dolphins is lack of talent. No great feature back, not great quarterback, no great receiver, no great tight end. We do not have a single player on offense that could even sniff the pro bowl. Only one, Jason Tayler on Defense. Lack of talent adds up to lack of wins. We are slow, old and clumsy. Whos' fault? Has to rest with head man. Saben. He should have one more year to turn it around, but only one more.
So run it already

Brooklyn, NY

#9 Oct 26, 2006
Saban - if you think you should run the ball more, how about DOING it?
Who's in charge, anyway? If Mullarky isn't calling the game you want, try taking charge and DOING something about it.
justthefacts

Austin, TX

#10 Oct 26, 2006
Before Ricky we had no o-line. Wi
th Ricky no one complained about the O-Line. Without Ricky Phase I, no O-line and coaches fired. Without Ricky Phase II Dolphins started in a hole. With Ricky back, hope spurred and Fins picked for a Super Bowl in the next season. Without Ricky again, O-Line looks bad again.
Nothing else has changed. Has it? You are what you are. Maybe the whole team needs to be enlightened and smoke a little weed.
I constanstly see holes that Ricky would burst thru or take a left turn instead of a right. No vision and not enough speed.
Abel the FAN

Boca Raton, FL

#11 Oct 26, 2006
Saban will never be succesful without a Quarterback and a top offensive coordinator. It's clear he knows nothing of how to run an NFL offense. He let's Malurkey pass it until the Quarterback arms falls of. If Saban knew better, he will tell Malurkey to run the ball or get fired, because that's what he belives needs to be done. This team has not been done early in games by too many points, they could of stuck with the run a lot longer than they have. Instead, they start crawping in their pants and start flinging the ball for 3 yard passes, that end up getting intercepted. They need to max protect and throw it downfield to Chambers if they want to really throw the ball!
Robert Gestewitz

Hollywood, FL

#12 Oct 26, 2006
Ronnie's ok but not great. We need another back. Maybe one with more speed to complement Brown. Hopefully he will pick it up.

Go Phins
AJ Caiazzo

Princeton Junction, NJ

#13 Oct 26, 2006
This Saban is the most overrated crap pile I have ever seen coach a Dolphin team, Wannstedt included (although W wasn't ever considered great). His playcalling stinks, his game management sucks, and I believe he even has problems putting the ball into the right players' hands and ALSO putting the right players on the field.

Now, seeing that he seriously intends to see Williams as a help NEXT YEAR, it shows me he is EVEN DUMBER, especially when he has a GREAT back on his team already gathering dust.

Also you guys are overlooking something major. You got two guys who were once happy brothers-in-law playing side-by-side. Now you got two guys who pretty much avoid each other. In sum? Saban has fostered ZIP team chemistry and NIL team confidence.
Ron

Marathon, FL

#14 Oct 26, 2006
I think the Dolfins need better coaches, Don Shula never really had a top class running and after the Marks brothers left they did a they still win now these so call coaches bring in all kind of top class players and still cannot win and again the players that they discard go to other teams and are very good players for that team it cannot be the players you have to start looking at the coaches and the selections thay are making the Dolfins problems are coaching problem, the players are not mess ups the coaches are mess ups.
Mrs Williams

Conshohocken, PA

#15 Oct 26, 2006
All I can say about my son Ricky is he almost had 2,000 yards during a season where he was apparently stoned all the time. My son can run.
Candorman

Washington, PA

#16 Oct 26, 2006
So run it already wrote:
Saban - if you think you should run the ball more, how about DOING it?
Who's in charge, anyway? If Mullarky isn't calling the game you want, try taking charge and DOING something about it.
It's everyone's fault but Saban's, according to Nitwit Nick, the Napolean of North Miami. Saban said before drafting Brown that Braylon Edwards was the best players available, then he proceeded to draft Brown. This team was better under Wannestadt. I know no one wants to hear that, and I'm not saying the team was good under Dave, but it was better. This franchise is crashing and burning because Nick is a Nitwit who belongs either in college or on the sidelines under a true head coach's thumb. Plain and simple, the problem is Nick and we are going to have to live with it for years to come.
FIRESABANDOTCOM

Florence, AL

#17 Oct 26, 2006
Bad quarterbacking? WHO picked C-PEPP over BREES? Wideouts with the dropsies? WHO picked worthless Jason Allen in the 1st round instead of a stud wideout or offensive lineman? LOUSY offensive and defensive coordinators? WHO picked proven losers like Mularkey and Capers? RELY ON RICKY? WHOSE idea was that? In 1970, Don Shula turned a 3 win Dolphin team into a 10-4 playoff team. The following 3 years they were in the Super Bowl. NOW Miami has a coach who is turning a 9-7 team into a 2-14 team in one year. DOES ANYBODY SEE US IN THE NEXT 3 SUPER BOWLS?? HOW ABOUT THE NEXT 3 TOILET BOWLS?? Ya, I know, we'll have some high draft choices in the upcoming drafts. BUT IF SABAN IS MAKING THE PICKS, THESE DRAFT CHOICES WILL SUCK!! The longer Huizenga sticks with Saban, the WORSE THINGS WILL GET!! THE WORST MISTAKE OF ALL IS TO CONTINUE A MISTAKE!! WAYNE, PLEASE, PLEASE END THE MISERY. FIRE SABAN NOW, NAME AN INTERIM COACH, AND BEGIN THE SEARCH FOR SABAN'S REPLACEMENT!!
Killerbeez13

Columbus, OH

#18 Oct 26, 2006
Ricky will vastly improve the Dolphins running game. The guy (like him or not- NFL Execs...), is a one of a kind talent. Look what the guy done with a struggling O-Line all of those years in Miami and New Orleans. Hopefully, Ronnie Brown will make something of a good back one of these days-especially for the $$dollars the guy is being paid.
JJR

Rochester, NY

#19 Oct 26, 2006
Alex wrote:
<quoted text>
Daunte is not completely at fault....Nick is the main reason that this team is in the toilet. Saunte does not have a real "O" line and it does not help that receivers keep DROPPING the ball.
True, daunte's career numbers are weak, but it is Saban's fault he is here. Drew Brees keeps looking better and better.
Man, I hope you are being judged at your job the way you are judging Saban. I hope the entire company you work for demands you be fired every time you make a mistake. I hope they don't want to give any chance of fixing things when you do. I hope they all think you are a major screw up with hope for success. I hope they think you are completely incompetent and worthless. That's what you and all the other fire Saban morons are doing. The team has been in decline for a very, very long time (since the late 80's), and needs to completely rebuild top to bottom. Saban is the right guy for the job. But it will take 4 or 5 years to fix and you'll have to patient.
Braxton B

Roanoke, VA

#20 Oct 26, 2006
I don't know why everyone is bashing Ronnie Brown, if you look at his numbers from last year he rushed for over 900 yds., over 4yds. per carry, missed the last two games with an injury, and had to share time with Ricky Williams, so he had a good sesaon last year. As far as this year goes, he wouldn't gain alot of yards if he was driving a tractor trailor truck behind that pathetic O-line we have this year.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 4
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Sammy Morris Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News The New England Patriots: The Best Offense in t... (Aug '09) Jan '11 Lucky 45
News Patriots' Taylor eager to return - Sentinel & E... (Nov '10) Nov '10 hii 1
News Patriots all smiles after blowout victory - Sen... (Oct '09) Oct '10 Patriots BeatdDow... 23
News Teammates defend Moss after his postgame remarks (Sep '10) Sep '10 Midnight Rambler 3
News Patriots RB Faulk out for year with knee injury (Sep '10) Sep '10 Bullfarts 2
News Teammates defend outspoken receiver (Sep '10) Sep '10 The Patriot 2
News Welker Back, Brady Shines In Patriots' 28-10 Win (Aug '10) Aug '10 Robbie 2
More from around the web