Late rally not enough for the Dolphins, fall 20-17 to the Jets

Full story: South Florida Sun-Sentinel

The New York Jets turned on the offense and woke up the crowd with a second-half scoring burst.
Comments
121 - 134 of 134 Comments Last updated Nov 1, 2006
First Prev
of 7
Next Last
Reality

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#131
Oct 16, 2006
 
Sorry for being rude Toby but it is quite evident that Saban has made all the wrong moves. To actually see someone still defending him is shocking to say the least. We all knew this team took a HUGE turn for the worse when we passed on Playoff Brees for 2-7 Curlypepper. 6 TD's, 12 Int's and 5 fumbles before a major knee injury? That's our franchise QB!!
Braxton B

Roanoke, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#132
Oct 16, 2006
 
Reality wrote:
<quoted text> You are forgetting the second part of the equation. The opposing defense is in prevent.
True, but if they could run a no huddle offense, maybe that would keep the defense on their toes and not be able to switch out. The play that got me, was right before the FG attempt, 3rd & 2 and they threw the ball, they should have ran the ball while the defense was thinking pass and at least picked up a 1st down, then maybe it would not have been such a long FG attempt.
Whatever

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#133
Oct 16, 2006
 
The Dolphin's are pitiful!!!
Wayne Jr

Fort Lauderdale, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#134
Oct 16, 2006
 
DAD, TIME TO SELL THIS TEAM, EVEN DRUNK THEY STILL SUCK. EVERY YEAR SAME BULL, NEED A NEW COACH, NEW RUNNING BACK, OFFENSIVE LINE COACH, QUARTERBACK, ECT.... ON AND ON, GET A GUN AND END ALL THE MISERY.
NY Phins Fan

New York, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#135
Oct 16, 2006
 
Reality wrote:
<quoted text>
Was it Curly-Peppers final days here that made you realize this or his 2 of 6 good years at Minnesota that brought you to such a profound realization?
WHOOPDEDOO... 9-7.... who cares!!! Gus Frerotte is whack and so is Joey Harrington!!! The Dolphins defense delivered this game to the offense on a platter; you would've thought that going into this game, knowing that the Bills lost and a win would put the Phins in 2nd place tie with the Jets and the Bills, that whack ass Harrington would've gotten the job done... BUT HE DIDN'T!!! I think we need to run this guy out-of-town!!! I think Culpepper should play and see if we can salvage the rest of this season.
Reality

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#136
Oct 16, 2006
 
NY Phins Fan wrote:
<quoted text>
WHOOPDEDOO... 9-7.... who cares!!! Gus Frerotte is whack and so is Joey Harrington!!! The Dolphins defense delivered this game to the offense on a platter; you would've thought that going into this game, knowing that the Bills lost and a win would put the Phins in 2nd place tie with the Jets and the Bills, that whack ass Harrington would've gotten the job done... BUT HE DIDN'T!!! I think we need to run this guy out-of-town!!! I think Culpepper should play and see if we can salvage the rest of this season.
The 9-7 only illustrates the fact that Saban's only success was with Wanny's team and he's 1-5 with his additions. I TOTALLY AGREE Daunte needs to get back in there. It will be hard to run him out if he is on the sideline the rest of the year. We need him to get out there and continue his 2 turnovers and 5 sacks per game. We know one thing now with Harrington playing 2 games and having only 1 sack. Curlypepper's 21 sacks were not the O-line's fault.
Ducksfan from Ft Lewis Wa

Oak Harbor, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#137
Oct 16, 2006
 
You guys don't realize what you have..I am seriously thinking about cutting all these posts and saving them and them reposting them next year when you same fans (and I used that term loosely)are hootin' and hollering about how great your dolphins are and how you always supported Saban and Harrington..trust me Joey can get the job done...
Dante doesn't fit into the type of offense Miami wants to run Harrington does...any non dolphins fan who watched that game against the jets could see this is a team that is ready to break through..make sure your on the wagon when it does.
Fort Lewis Soldier

Oak Harbor, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#139
Oct 18, 2006
 
how bad did the Patriots suck and for how many years? I'm a cowboys fan and my wife is a raider's fan (great combo huh?) and when you have owners of teams like we do, who won't stay out of the way and let the coach develop the team you know what real pain and suffering is..keep your eye on Harrington, he's the real deal...can't count all the games i watched him bring the ducks back in..he just never had a chance with that line in Detroit
phinfan4life

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#140
Oct 19, 2006
 
It's been a awful first 6 games for the Miami Dolphins with the record of 1 and 5 losing to teams most expected the Dolphins to beat,which makes it hurt a little more.But the expectation of this team at the beginning of the season which alot of experts had them going to the superbowl could'nt have been farther from the truth. I dont know why or understand what they did to earn this belief. Well now we see the truth, now we know like I suspect Coach Saban knew that it takes time, it takes the process step by step to building a team the right way to become a SuperBowl Team and Contender for years to come. You dont get that in a year or two, so I say to all of the Dolphin fans. Lets stand behind our team 100% when we win and definitely when we lose, because I see, if Coach Saban and the Dolphins do it right, well soon real soon we will be waving our Dolphin towels in the superbowl somewhere. Lets keep the passion for winning but lets not down our Players
and Coaches because that will not help the situation at all.Lets be the greatest fans in the National Football League and Support our Dolphins... PhinFan4Life
Phinphan4life

Pittsburgh, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#141
Oct 23, 2006
 
phinfan4life wrote:
It's been a awful first 6 games for the Miami Dolphins with the record of 1 and 5 losing to teams most expected the Dolphins to beat,which makes it hurt a little more.But the expectation of this team at the beginning of the season which alot of experts had them going to the superbowl could'nt have been farther from the truth. I dont know why or understand what they did to earn this belief. Well now we see the truth, now we know like I suspect Coach Saban knew that it takes time, it takes the process step by step to building a team the right way to become a SuperBowl Team and Contender for years to come. You dont get that in a year or two, so I say to all of the Dolphin fans. Lets stand behind our team 100% when we win and definitely when we lose, because I see, if Coach Saban and the Dolphins do it right, well soon real soon we will be waving our Dolphin towels in the superbowl somewhere. Lets keep the passion for winning but lets not down our Players
and Coaches because that will not help the situation at all.Lets be the greatest fans in the National Football League and Support our Dolphins... PhinFan4Life
I know who you are STOP using my tag OLINDO. I'm on to you sucker!!! Keep missing game deciding Field Goals.
Dolfanforever

Baltimore, MD

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#143
Oct 26, 2006
 
Dolfanforever wrote:
<quoted text> Dude, have you actually been watching these punkass wimps on the field? Stop smoking that crack pipe and pay attention!!!!
Yea, I must agree the fins do really Suck. Why did I start this conversation anyway!
Dolfanforever

Baltimore, MD

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#144
Oct 26, 2006
 
Phinphan4life wrote:
<quoted text>I know who you are STOP using my tag OLINDO. I'm on to you sucker!!! Keep missing game deciding Field Goals.
Actually I am from Baltimore but I am a very small fellow and Raven's fans keep beating the day lights out of me when I go to the Raven's games.
Phinphan4life

Baltimore, MD

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#145
Oct 26, 2006
 
Dolfanforever wrote:
<quoted text>
Actually I am from Baltimore but I am a very small fellow and Raven's fans keep beating the day lights out of me when I go to the Raven's games.
I know what you mean! I can bearly walk from all my beatings! I doesn't pay to be a little fellow in Baltimore!
bobby d

Gretna, LA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#146
Nov 1, 2006
 
FIRE NICK SABAN

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

First Prev
of 7
Next Last
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Sammy Morris Discussions

Search the Sammy Morris Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
The New England Patriots: The Best Offense in t... (Aug '09) Jan '11 Lucky 45
Patriots' Taylor eager to return - Sentinel & E... (Nov '10) Nov '10 hii 1
Patriots all smiles after blowout victory - Sen... (Oct '09) Oct '10 Patriots BeatdDown Ravens 23
Teammates defend Moss after his postgame remarks (Sep '10) Sep '10 Midnight Rambler 3
Patriots RB Faulk out for year with knee injury (Sep '10) Sep '10 Bullfarts 2
Teammates defend outspoken receiver (Sep '10) Sep '10 The Patriot 2
Welker Back, Brady Shines In Patriots' 28-10 Win (Aug '10) Aug '10 Robbie 2
•••
•••
•••
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••