Sources: Dolphins to release TE McMichael

The Dolphins are releasing tight end Randy McMichael today, two sources said. The release comes roughly a week before the Dolphins were set to pay McMichael a $3 million roster bonus. Full Story
First Prev
of 6
Next Last
magic9102

Saint Petersburg, FL

#1 Mar 5, 2007
no no no i like randy!! do not do this
i pray to god no!!
anthony

AOL

#2 Mar 5, 2007
are they nuts!!
Kenny Bouy - Naples

Naples, FL

#3 Mar 5, 2007
Too bad about McMichael, he had the potential to be a super jock...but lost his compass...sorta like the Winslow guy..
Finsfan39

Fort Lauderdale, FL

#4 Mar 5, 2007
About time they made wholesale changes. If it doesnt work it needs to be torn down. I give Randy Mueller carte blanche to make any move he seems appropriate. Let's rebuild and build it right!
mace taggert

AOL

#5 Mar 5, 2007
it's the right move,i love what coach cam is doing so far,and if can trade chambers,then we'll be rid of inconsistent recievers.great move coach,keep up the good work..
Dolfan-4-life

Easley, SC

#6 Mar 5, 2007
Randy Mueller McMicheal has godo recieving numbers can't the Dolphins keep McMicheals if you cna cut his bouns down from $3million to $1.5 million and keep him as a back up TE?
fedup

United States

#7 Mar 5, 2007
what happened to our draft pick. Am I missing something the guy can play and wasnt he a pro bowler 2 years ago?
John The Dol-fan

Bethel, AK

#8 Mar 5, 2007
This is a dumb move. McMichael is a great talent. This Martin guy can't even hold his jockstrap. Seeing how TE is a big part of Camerons offense why get rid of a proven talent still in his football prime.
kevin

Lake Worth, FL

#9 Mar 5, 2007
about time. he sucks
Rick Spielman

United States

#10 Mar 5, 2007
Why are the getting rid of all these salaries, but not signing anybody in free agency? Also, why not get any draft choice for McMichael instead of cutting him all together?

All of these moves aren't making sense if they aren't going to sign new players and spend their excess money under the cap.
Darrel

United States

#11 Mar 5, 2007
If he shuts up, and play like the professional he's getting paid to be then he will be fine with the next team that sign him. If he continues to drop easy balls that hit him directly in the hands he will be cut just as the Dolphins are about to do.
Tim

Maryville, TN

#12 Mar 5, 2007
Hey baby now get rid of C-Pep and Chambers and all will be will in Dolphins land!!
Ron in Iowa

United States

#13 Mar 5, 2007
I hope they find some good O linemen or we are in trouble. McMichael was a good blocker, along with McIntosh and McKinney. Perhaps Mueller just doesn't like O linemen with a last name that starts in M.
Ramsterone

Dover, FL

#14 Mar 5, 2007
Good job I hope Chambers is next
luis

Wabasso, FL

#15 Mar 5, 2007
i'd trust the judgment of a man who coached the best t.e. on the planet.
Thomas

Dallas, TX

#16 Mar 5, 2007
Well, I hate it because of his potential, but he's had potential for years now. He's not Antonio Gates, for sure. He dropped a lot of balls this past year. A lot.

Since: Feb 07

Fort Lauderdale, FL

#17 Mar 5, 2007
Finsfan39 wrote:
Let's rebuild and build it right!
Amen! McMichael was good, became ok...but not good enough to justify his salary. Keep the changes comming - I could sacrifice a losing season or two for prosperity down the line.
jedco-online

Cumming, GA

#18 Mar 5, 2007
He was used as a blocking tight end and dropped too many balls when he got the chance. Not worth the 4+ million. Would rather keep McMicheal or get a shot at Porter?
Go Randy and Cam - I like what you gays are doing so far!!
Tony

Florence, SC

#19 Mar 5, 2007
I would have liked to seen Miami hold onto Randy and see if they could get a draft pick, but it looks like they will release.

Let the purge continue. Looks like David Martin will have a chance to come in and contribute immediately.
Kendog

Hallandale, FL

#20 Mar 5, 2007
magic9102 wrote:
no no no i like randy!! do not do this
i pray to god no!!
You're crazy....Good Riddance!!!

McMichael is part of the problem. Did you forget his play last year??

Cam is cleaning house!! He wants winners!!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 6
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Sammy Morris Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
The New England Patriots: The Best Offense in t... (Aug '09) Jan '11 Lucky 45
Patriots' Taylor eager to return - Sentinel & E... (Nov '10) Nov '10 hii 1
Patriots all smiles after blowout victory - Sen... (Oct '09) Oct '10 Patriots BeatdDow... 23
Teammates defend Moss after his postgame remarks (Sep '10) Sep '10 Midnight Rambler 3
Patriots RB Faulk out for year with knee injury (Sep '10) Sep '10 Bullfarts 2
Teammates defend outspoken receiver (Sep '10) Sep '10 The Patriot 2
Welker Back, Brady Shines In Patriots' 28-10 Win (Aug '10) Aug '10 Robbie 2

Sammy Morris People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE