Rams sign former Dolphins RB Minor

The Dolphins have lost another running back in free agency, with the St. Louis Rams announcing today that Travis Minor has agreed to a one-year contract. Full Story
First Prev
of 3
Next Last
Jim

AOL

#42 Mar 8, 2007
phintim wrote:
<quoted text>
I hear what you are saying but look who are picking up our players and look whom we are picking up to replace them. Bill B with the Patriots who wins Superbowls regularing is prowling through picking up our disgarded players and the ones he misses are being snapped up in a jiffy by somebody else for some pretty good money. I ask you why pick up Porter if we are building through the draft like everyone thinks. Why think about trading for Trent Green also save the draft pick. The messages being sent by mgt of the Dolphins is coming from 2 different directions at once which means they are confused. Like I said in a ealier post a good mgr does not fire someone until he first finds someone to replace them whom can do the job better and cheaper. Firing a guy is easy hiring the right guy is the hard part. The hiring of the Dolphins is not looking good right now.
You're just stupid. If a huge roster bonus is due, let the guy go, why wait? We got Porter because you don't pass up a star player at a need position if you can get him (we lost OLB Spragen to free agancy), and we got him cheap ($5 mill/yr. cap hit). His presence will help our secondary. Also, Sammy signed with the Pats as a free agent and Welker was tendered a ridiculous offer the Pats knew we wouldn't match so we got something in return for him by trading him. Why don't you spend your time sending mail to Rae Carruth, I'm sure he'd get a kick out of your ignorance.

Since: Jan 07

Columbus, OH

#43 Mar 8, 2007
2 yard loss waiting to happen??? The guy had 277 carries for 1133 yards for us and 8 TD's...that's 4.1 yards a carry. Minor was CRIMINALLY under-utilized. He was a good solid player, excellent special teamer, and a good return man too...and CHEAP. He has good hands, excellent speed, and that burst you want in a running back. IMHO, he's a chance behind a GOOD line to being an NFL star. I hope he gets that chance in St. Louis. This is the first really BAD move Cam has made.

Scott

I root for Miami and anybody that plays the Jets or the Crimson Tide!
phintim

Fort Myers, FL

#44 Mar 8, 2007
Jim wrote:
<quoted text>
You're just stupid. If a huge roster bonus is due, let the guy go, why wait? We got Porter because you don't pass up a star player at a need position if you can get him (we lost OLB Spragen to free agancy), and we got him cheap ($5 mill/yr. cap hit). His presence will help our secondary. Also, Sammy signed with the Pats as a free agent and Welker was tendered a ridiculous offer the Pats knew we wouldn't match so we got something in return for him by trading him. Why don't you spend your time sending mail to Rae Carruth, I'm sure he'd get a kick out of your ignorance.
Why are you bringing Wes into this? He was not a free agent or a player we released! He was a restricted free agent we did get some value for. Bonuses who are you kidding the free agent market is jacked up right now and it is going to cost a ton of additional money to find better players than the ones we lost. Guess what the Dolphins do not have that kind of money to spend right now either. You better hope Mueller is a genius in the draft this year and from his track record in past drafts that would be a shaky bet. You post like your a fan? If so try getting educated about the team instead of so emotional.
marinofan13

Kingston, PA

#45 Mar 8, 2007
Ray in NC wrote:
I think what the dolphins are doing with signing Porter is giving us a strong defense that will have the ability to get off the field on 3rd down and bail out an offense that may struggle next year to find it's identity. You have to admit, this defense will make even the weakest of offenses look better. I really believe that we will build the offense up rather quickly through the draft and free agency.
I'll roll with you on that. It does make sense when you look at it that way. I think we're one, good cornerback away from a total, shut-down defense. Maybe come June-cuts we'll find that guy.
marinofan13

Kingston, PA

#46 Mar 8, 2007
Chris wrote:
<quoted text>
Coach Cam better let these guys retire as dolphins.
Totally agreed.
marinofan13

Kingston, PA

#47 Mar 8, 2007
Jhary wrote:
2 yard loss waiting to happen??? The guy had 277 carries for 1133 yards for us and 8 TD's...that's 4.1 yards a carry. Minor was CRIMINALLY under-utilized. He was a good solid player, excellent special teamer, and a good return man too...and CHEAP. He has good hands, excellent speed, and that burst you want in a running back. IMHO, he's a chance behind a GOOD line to being an NFL star. I hope he gets that chance in St. Louis. This is the first really BAD move Cam has made.
Scott
I root for Miami and anybody that plays the Jets or the Crimson Tide!
What's up, Jhary?! CRIMINALLY under-utilized is too right!

Since: Feb 07

Lockbourne, OH

#48 Mar 8, 2007
Well, it looks like Cam & Randy are upgrading the offense and defense, but neglecting the equally important special teams. Miami has lost 3 of its best special teamers in Welker, Morris, and Minor.

It looks like Mare will be next. Sorry Cam & Randy, but Feely is in no way, shape, or form an upgrade over Mare. And in fact, you will be paying Feely more than you would have paid Mare. As Mr. Spock would say, "that is illogical, Captain!"
no more Dolphins

Madison, CA

#49 Mar 9, 2007
That's just what we need more Dolphins.
Stralia

Citrus Heights, CA

#50 Jun 3, 2007
Mr. Minor will step it up I'm sure. He wasn't on the Dolphins all this time since drafted for nothing. If anthing Coach Cam needs to step his game up!!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Sammy Morris Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
The New England Patriots: The Best Offense in t... (Aug '09) Jan '11 Lucky 45
Patriots' Taylor eager to return - Sentinel & E... (Nov '10) Nov '10 hii 1
Patriots all smiles after blowout victory - Sen... (Oct '09) Oct '10 Patriots BeatdDow... 23
Teammates defend Moss after his postgame remarks (Sep '10) Sep '10 Midnight Rambler 3
Patriots RB Faulk out for year with knee injury (Sep '10) Sep '10 Bullfarts 2
Teammates defend outspoken receiver (Sep '10) Sep '10 The Patriot 2
Welker Back, Brady Shines In Patriots' 28-10 Win (Aug '10) Aug '10 Robbie 2
More from around the web