Rams sign former Dolphins RB Minor

Full story: South Florida Sun-Sentinel

The Dolphins have lost another running back in free agency, with the St. Louis Rams announcing today that Travis Minor has agreed to a one-year contract.
Comments
1 - 20 of 49 Comments Last updated Jun 3, 2007
First Prev
of 3
Next Last
bfactor

Arlington, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 7, 2007

Finally! He was good on special teams, but as a RB this guy is a 2-yard loss waiting to happen. I'm sure he's a fine human being, but as a player Minor was my least favorite Phin since Tony "9 yards on 3rd and 10" Martin. Clears space for a guy with some upside.
phintim

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 7, 2007

Yep even our old 3rd team backups are coveted by other teams. Yippee whats the count now 10 former Dolphin FA signed by other teams and the dolphins have signed 2 FA. Hum better hope everyone of those nine draft picks pay off this year. Opps make that 8 draft picks after we give one away for Trent Green the 36 year old QB who threw like 9 intercetions to 7 touchdowns last year. Mueller is the Man!
ny phins fan

Brooklyn, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 7, 2007

tell me with all the departures on special teams, Welker, Morris, Minor,...who is going to fill all these holes?? OK not happy with the O line, cut 4 lineman so far sign none??
Im a bit confused of the game plan that this new team is following? No I am not a pessimist but, I have a bad feeling that next year we may have the first or second overall pick
fan

Lake Worth, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 7, 2007

New England keeps taking dolphin discards and keep winning, time to get rid of the owner
Bobbi Nockow

Asheville, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 7, 2007

Finally! He was good on special teams, but as a RB this guy is a 2-yard loss waiting to happen. I'm sure he's a fine human being, but as a player Minor was my least favorite Phin since Tony "9 yards on 3rd and 10" Martin. Clears space for a guy with some upside. Since we have lost 2 Running backs in free agency who is next? Mare, or Culpepper Randy?
Jason

Piscataway, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 7, 2007

softest 3rd down back in the league.

Since: Jan 07

Owego, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 7, 2007

looks like we'll have no problems cutting down to a 53 man roster by opening day.
Ken in San Diego

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 7, 2007

Whoop de do! Travis lived up to his surname, a Minor player. Again, an upgrade was needed.
Rick

Chesapeake, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 7, 2007

It does seem a bit strange that so many players would be lost and only two free agents would be signed. But, we still have the rest of free agency, the draft and june cuts to pick up needed players. There are still quite a few free agents still left out there. At least Mueller and Cam have the courage to make the tough decisions Wannstedt and Saban were afraid to do and our salary cap has to be in the best shape its been in, in a long, long time.
Bobbi Nockow

Asheville, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 7, 2007

Finally! He was good on special teams, but as a RB this guy is a 2-yard loss waiting to happen. I'm sure he's a fine human being, but as a player Minor was my least favorite Phin since Tony "9 yards on 3rd and 10" Martin. Clears space for a guy with some upside. Dolphins are losing back up running backs right and left. Who will be the next Mare or Daunte Culpepper Randy? Make an offer to Kansas City for Trent Green I don't trust Culpepper's knee for an upcoming season with Green when he is healthy he is a terrific QB Coach Cameron and Coach Shea have both worked with him in the pros and in college, they both think Green can come in and make this Organization into a playoff team once again I like the move since Cowboys got Brad Johnson for three years contract!
I trust both Cameron who has worked with Green in College and in Washington, also Coach Shea has worked with Green for the past 5 seasons in KC I have most respect for both men in making an offer to KC for Trent Green as well as I do for you Randy you are the best General Manager Dolphins has had since George Young !
Jim

Saint Petersburg, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 7, 2007

I Really hope these guys have some kind of plan. What there doing makes no sence.
dolfan in jaguar country

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 7, 2007

I SURE HOPE CAM AND RANDY KNOW WHAT THE HECK THEY ARE DOING...
oldelwood

Burbank, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 7, 2007

Don't know why everybody is so upset about the players being let go. Have they won anything with them? Its time to start new !Keep Portor,Zack JT,Ronnie Brown and Ricky and get rid of everybody else!
Ocala Phan

Ocala, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 7, 2007

I'll never phorget the meltdown game against NE on December 31 when we were up by 11 points with 4 something left on the clock..... NE kicked off after a score brought em to within 3 or 4 and Minor didn't field the ball. It was laying on the 4 yard line and for a precious couple of seconds he FROZE while the coverage team converged finally he had to dive on the ball. Shula would have cut him in the off season but DW invited him to one of his back yard BBQ's and called him over and sat him on his knee in his avuncular way and explained to him that YOU ARE THE REASON WE DIDN"T MAKE THE PLAYOFFS! But because I drafted ya Im gonna give ya another chance. Now go get some pop and a hot dog Travis...
Ray in NC

Miami, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 7, 2007

phintim wrote:
Yep even our old 3rd team backups are coveted by other teams. Yippee whats the count now 10 former Dolphin FA signed by other teams and the dolphins have signed 2 FA. Hum better hope everyone of those nine draft picks pay off this year. Opps make that 8 draft picks after we give one away for Trent Green the 36 year old QB who threw like 9 intercetions to 7 touchdowns last year. Mueller is the Man!
dude who are you kidding, the players we lost to other teams sucked. Minor sucked Mcmicheal sucked the entire O line sucked. Harrington was average at best. Welker, while I loved his heart, was an overachiever and to get a 2nd rd pick and a 7th for him was golden.

We need to get rid of Culpepper and please don't tell me you are one of these fools that believe chambers is an All pro receiver. He is at best a #2 receiver. He's never been the same since getting layed out in Denver a few years ago. Booker is ok as well. To be honest there really was nothing special about the Offense. they were inconsistant and ranked 20th. We weren't a plyer or 2 away, they needed a major overhaul. Keep Ronnie and Ricky and build from there.
Ray in NC

Miami, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 7, 2007

Jim wrote:
I Really hope these guys have some kind of plan. What there doing makes no sence.
Did you watch this pathetic offense last year? When a guy like Welker is you best Offensive player then this team sucks. I'm a huge dolphin fan but this team just could not perform. I think it all starts and finishes with the O line. they couldn't pass protect nor run block. hopefully some more talented Olineman will come to the rescue. in the passing game it would not have mattered with ALL our receivers dropping passses. we had the sorriest receivers lastyear.
Jerry Cooper

Stuart, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 7, 2007

It dont matter he is not a factor.But i wish the best for him.Maybe they see something we dont.
marinofan13

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 7, 2007

Where is this all heading? Nine draft picks to fill how many roster spots? We just lost out on Luke Petitgout now while sitting idlely by. The leftover free-agents are now no better than the guys we just cut. I have a very deep, sickening feeling that one of our BIG NAMES (JT or ZT) is getting traded for like 3 more draft picks in order to fill the bottomless pit of roster posistions we need to field a team.
finfan1969

Costa Mesa, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 7, 2007

i wonder if any of the NFL's GMs, coaches and/or scouts ever blog.... or are these pages left to the geniuses that REALLY know how to draft and pick up players in free agency...

shut up and let Randy and Cam do what's been needed since Shula was forced out.

let the fire sale continue... I love it.

can't wait for draft day.
phintim

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 7, 2007

The New England Patriots are running out of roster room to sign all of our departed players so now the New York Jets are picking up the slack. You have got to wonder what Bill Bellicheck thinks he knows about our released players that our GM and rookie coach are overlooking. Lets see the Patriots have been to the best team oveall in the NFL the past 10 years and the New York Jets are on the rise too. All of our Dolphin players that they are picking up are going to be playing against us with a grudge too so that is going to be fun. Don't bleeive me think of Heath Evan we let go a couple of years ago and he turned around and ran the ball down our throats. You don't want your own old players going to division rivals. Now we get to face them 4 times a year. Fun Fun Fun

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

First Prev
of 3
Next Last
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Sammy Morris Discussions

Search the Sammy Morris Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
The New England Patriots: The Best Offense in t... (Aug '09) Jan '11 Lucky 45
Patriots' Taylor eager to return - Sentinel & E... (Nov '10) Nov '10 hii 1
Patriots all smiles after blowout victory - Sen... (Oct '09) Oct '10 Patriots BeatdDown Ravens 23
Teammates defend Moss after his postgame remarks (Sep '10) Sep '10 Midnight Rambler 3
Patriots RB Faulk out for year with knee injury (Sep '10) Sep '10 Bullfarts 2
Teammates defend outspoken receiver (Sep '10) Sep '10 The Patriot 2
Welker Back, Brady Shines In Patriots' 28-10 Win (Aug '10) Aug '10 Robbie 2
•••
•••
•••
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••