Kicker Feely, ex-Gator safety Johnson...

Kicker Feely, ex-Gator safety Johnson visit

There are 11 comments on the South Florida Sun-Sentinel story from Mar 5, 2007, titled Kicker Feely, ex-Gator safety Johnson visit. In it, South Florida Sun-Sentinel reports that:

It appears Olindo Mare could become the next victim of the Dolphins' recent roster overhaul, with the franchise bringing in kicker Jay Feely for a free-agent visit Monday.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at South Florida Sun-Sentinel.

United States

#1 Mar 5, 2007
I truly belive that Mueller is playing the compensatory pick route,by the end of the FA period we will problably loose 14 to 16 players, many like Carter, McMichael,Harrington,James etc... are starters. Look for four picks in round 3 to 5. Good Move

Bensalem, PA

#2 Mar 5, 2007
Geezuz, they are looking at another g0dd@mn Bear? This team is so predictable. Send all of our good players to the Patriots, and pick up all of the Bears castaways.

United States

#3 Mar 5, 2007
I think that players that are cut (i.e. not at the end of a contract) or traded, don't count as losses considered for compensatory picks. So Welker, McMichaels, Carter, McIntosh, Wilkinson, won't get comp picks.

United States

#4 Mar 5, 2007
Ooops. McIntosh was on a one year contract that expired, so he would count for comp picks.

Hartwell, GA

#5 Mar 6, 2007
What?!?! The Dolphins brought in AJ Feeley? ;)

#6 Mar 6, 2007
Sweet. Todd Johnson is a smart player, he reminds me of John Lynch. Olindo used to be automatic but the last 2 years he lost a few games for us, so I'm all for putting his toes to the fire, considering his salary and age. Hicks seems like a good fit for the $$$. Great job Cam, keep it up.

Saint Petersburg, FL

#7 Mar 6, 2007
We need OL help.....

Omaha, NE

#8 Mar 6, 2007
Goodbye OLinda! Take your "I think I am having a pretty good season." arse outta here

And everyone knows that they need OL help just be patient jeez

Miami, FL

#9 Mar 6, 2007
I believe that CARTER would be a Comp pick then, along with McIntosh and Wilkinson. The rest NO.
As for Hicks as a Kick Returner and backup RB for $850,000...Fine. It fills two roles. With Ricky, Ronnie and presumably Travis Minor, he would really fill Welkers role and leave a roster spot for another receiver potentially.

“Left Coast Fin Fan”

Since: Dec 06

San Diego, Calif.

#10 Mar 6, 2007
Feeley is a decent kicker, but his leg strength is not as good as Mare's. Feeley cannot be counted on to kick anything longer than 48 yards unless there is a stiff breeze behind him and a lot of luck!

But if we can get him for a bargain, I understand the dollars and sense of the move.

Chickasha, OK

#11 Mar 6, 2007
I love the fact that Cam has the guts to do what is best for the team. I'm betting that Travis Minor is outta here soon.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Sammy Morris Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News The New England Patriots: The Best Offense in t... (Aug '09) Jan '11 Lucky 45
News Patriots' Taylor eager to return - Sentinel & E... (Nov '10) Nov '10 hii 1
News Patriots all smiles after blowout victory - Sen... (Oct '09) Oct '10 Patriots BeatdDow... 23
News Teammates defend Moss after his postgame remarks (Sep '10) Sep '10 Midnight Rambler 3
News Patriots RB Faulk out for year with knee injury (Sep '10) Sep '10 Bullfarts 2
News Teammates defend outspoken receiver (Sep '10) Sep '10 The Patriot 2
News Welker Back, Brady Shines In Patriots' 28-10 Win (Aug '10) Aug '10 Robbie 2
More from around the web