Wake up call. 'Noles fall to Deacons ...

Wake up call. 'Noles fall to Deacons again

There are 121 comments on the South Florida Sun-Sentinel story from Oct 11, 2007, titled Wake up call. 'Noles fall to Deacons again. In it, South Florida Sun-Sentinel reports that:

Riley Skinner threw a 35-yard touchdown pass to Kenneth Moore in the fourth quarter to lead Wake Forest past No.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at South Florida Sun-Sentinel.

Paul

Jupiter, FL

#24 Oct 12, 2007
It wasn't the Gator offense that got beat, they were running up and down the field against the #1 D, it was the defense which lost 9 starters from last year that got beat. Get your facts straight. And what's there to play for???? Try a Conference Championship, something your sorry Noles no longer have a shot at.
And what makes a Gator fan more obnoxious than a Nole fan or a Cane fan?? What we have here is a bitter Nole fan calling the kettle black.
Al E Garpien wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh WE'RE supposed to back off and keep quiet even tho Gators fans have been constantly berating us? No kidding Jack! A friend of mine who is a Pitt fan said he has never seen more obnoxious fans than Gator fans and they have to deal with West Virginia and Vagina Tech.
So what we have here is Gator fans who can dish it out but cant take it.
The bottom line is Meyers system may not be as infallible as all you gator fans thought it would be. Oh it's pretty good but obviously it can be beaten. And you will probably lose a few more now that the NC is no longer a possibility. Whats there to play for? You cant expect National Champs to play for a lesser goal?
Wake Fan

Greensboro, NC

#26 Oct 12, 2007
Wake Forest is for real. And if we played the canes this year then we would kick the Canes butt also.

Now - could one of you other losers ACC teams please beat BC (twice) to make room for antoehr ACC Champ year for the Deacs......
VADC

Grand Prairie, TX

#27 Oct 12, 2007
UFALUM wrote:
Where are all those Nole fans i.e. Buckeye/Nole and MARLINS CHAMPS 97 03, to name a few, that were talking all kinds of trash after the Gator articles about losing to UNRANKED Auburn?? I think that makes 2 losses to UNRANKED teams for your Noles. lmao! Way to open your mouths too soon. I hope you enjoyed your one week stay in the rankings!
Doesn't matter. You a-holes are not winning anything this year either. You can berate FSU all you want but it doesn't change the fact that UF and UM are also underachieving and won't win a title this year.

We're all in the same crappy boat here.
Broward County

Stuart, FL

#28 Oct 12, 2007
Paul wrote:
It wasn't the Gator offense that got beat, they were running up and down the field against the #1 D, it was the defense which lost 9 starters from last year that got beat. Get your facts straight. And what's there to play for???? Try a Conference Championship, something your sorry Noles no longer have a shot at.
And what makes a Gator fan more obnoxious than a Nole fan or a Cane fan?? What we have here is a bitter Nole fan calling the kettle black.
<quoted text>
LOL, what makes a Gator fan more obnoxious than a Nole fan. You've got to be kidding...Have you ever been to a Gator game in your life???

Gators dish it out to Noles and Canes for 20+ years (during the Gator's reign as #3 of the big 3) and then when they finally reach the pinnacle (after Zook cheated his a** off in recruiting) the poor Gators get all defensive when they get criticized or when someone points out that they've had 8 players arrested in 9 months or when someone writes an article about how the charges against the latest gator player-criminal are "mysteriously" dropped. C'mon gators, it's called life at the top so TOUGHEN UP ALREADY!!! You guys are so whiny you sound like a bunch of mini-Spurriers.
Steve

Eustis, FL

#29 Oct 12, 2007
After hearing (and seeing) all the crap from the seminole fans after Florida lost to Auburn, then to LSU...

Hey how does it feel to be in the same situation saddled with two losses you "fans"? Pile it on some more, at least we're still ranked. GO GATORS!
UFALUM

Jupiter, FL

#30 Oct 12, 2007
Sorry buddy, we're all definitely not in the same crappy boat here. We may not win anything this year, but one things definitely for sure, we have a hell of A LOT better chance than you do! One of you guys is going to have 3 losses next week and if it's the Noles, then another things for sure, you're going to have at least 4 by the end of the year. The Gators lost 2 games in the last seconds of the game, otherwise thay'd be the #1 team in the country. I think the Gators are in a much better boat than either of those 2 teams. But, nice try! And we'll see who has the better record and is playing in a better bowl at the end of the year!
VADC wrote:
<quoted text>
Doesn't matter. You a-holes are not winning anything this year either. You can berate FSU all you want but it doesn't change the fact that UF and UM are also underachieving and won't win a title this year.
We're all in the same crappy boat here.
otownnole

Orlando, FL

#31 Oct 12, 2007
Paul wrote:
It wasn't the Gator offense that got beat, they were running up and down the field against the #1 D, it was the defense which lost 9 starters from last year that got beat. Get your facts straight. And what's there to play for???? Try a Conference Championship, something your sorry Noles no longer have a shot at.
And what makes a Gator fan more obnoxious than a Nole fan or a Cane fan?? What we have here is a bitter Nole fan calling the kettle black.
<quoted text>
BTW, when the defense loses, the entire team loses. A L is a L no matter how you sugarcoat it.
Paul

Jupiter, FL

#32 Oct 12, 2007
Yes, I've been to about 40 Gator games and they have true fans who travel all over the place to watch them play no matter how good or bad they are, and we defend our team, so if that's your point, than yes we are obnoxious. And you guys talk just as much trash, if not more, so that's pretty hypocritical. And PLEASE, show some facts to back up your ludicrous statement that Zook cheated while recruiting. At least Gator fans don't just make things up to put down another team, I'd say that's pretty OBNOXIOUS! And by the way, hello, Geno Hayes! FSU isn't exactly the model of a clean program. Hypocrite!
Broward County wrote:
<quoted text>
LOL, what makes a Gator fan more obnoxious than a Nole fan. You've got to be kidding...Have you ever been to a Gator game in your life???
Gators dish it out to Noles and Canes for 20+ years (during the Gator's reign as #3 of the big 3) and then when they finally reach the pinnacle (after Zook cheated his a** off in recruiting) the poor Gators get all defensive when they get criticized or when someone points out that they've had 8 players arrested in 9 months or when someone writes an article about how the charges against the latest gator player-criminal are "mysteriously" dropped. C'mon gators, it's called life at the top so TOUGHEN UP ALREADY!!! You guys are so whiny you sound like a bunch of mini-Spurriers.
Jim Lawrence

Boiling Springs, NC

#33 Oct 12, 2007
Year after year, it is so frustrating to watch FSU unable to recruit and develop and consistent quarterback. You look at teams across the nation, including state rivals UofF and USF, and you see outstanding quarterbacks, but FSU has not had anyone of any real consistency since Charlie Ward. For a school that had built an offensive reputation on an outstanding passing game, it's just incredible that they cannot attract real talent at this position.
Paul

Jupiter, FL

#34 Oct 12, 2007
Obviously! Thanks! If you'd actually read before commenting, I was responding to his claim that Meyer's offense could be beat, but thanks for your response.
otownnole wrote:
<quoted text>
BTW, when the defense loses, the entire team loses. A L is a L no matter how you sugarcoat it.
otownnole

Orlando, FL

#35 Oct 12, 2007
Steve wrote:
After hearing (and seeing) all the crap from the seminole fans after Florida lost to Auburn, then to LSU...
Hey how does it feel to be in the same situation saddled with two losses you "fans"? Pile it on some more, at least we're still ranked. GO GATORS!
translated: In response to the few obnoxious fans every team has, I choose to join them in taking the "high" road
They all suck

Montgomery, AL

#36 Oct 12, 2007
All of these teams have two losses and at least one to an unranked team. It's time to face the fact that its a down year and all of them suck. I hate saying it, but its true. Lets all face facts here. I wouldn't be suprised at all to see FL & UM both lose this weekend.
FSU BLOWS

Pompano Beach, FL

#37 Oct 12, 2007
Looks like the once mighty Noles are going to be home AGAIN for the holidays!!! LOLOLOLOL
Pat

Jupiter, FL

#38 Oct 12, 2007
I'd be suprised if you actually knew something about football. Florida has a bye this week!
They all suck wrote:
All of these teams have two losses and at least one to an unranked team. It's time to face the fact that its a down year and all of them suck. I hate saying it, but its true. Lets all face facts here. I wouldn't be suprised at all to see FL & UM both lose this weekend.
CK ORLANDO

Mebane, NC

#39 Oct 12, 2007
Jimbo Fisher should have been yelling profanities at himself. He called a terrible game. He is still calling quick hitches to the wide receivers like he did at LSU in the past. He doesn't have the same caliber of wide receivers now. Greg Carr is a tall lanky receiver he is not a physical player that can run after the catch, like Dwayne Bowe did last year. Pulling Lee for Weatherford is stupid, Lee is the best suited quarterback for this team. He accounted for all three of the Seminoles touchdowns. The defense was the blame for this lost. Allowing 180 yards rushing and letting receivers run free through the secondary.
realist

Tallahassee, FL

#40 Oct 12, 2007
I go to FSU as an graduate student while working full-time. I knew the offense was struggling. It has not been a good year by historic standards of the 1990s. However, FSU is not doing as bad as my undegraduate alma mater - Notre Dame. The Domers up there see this year as a preseason for next year. That is the view of Joe Montana. By the way, I see a lot of internet flaming between different schools. I hope there isn't a civil war again in the south (just kidding).
Aaron

Fort Lauderdale, FL

#41 Oct 12, 2007
VADC wrote:
<quoted text>
Doesn't matter. You a-holes are not winning anything this year either. You can berate FSU all you want but it doesn't change the fact that UF and UM are also underachieving and won't win a title this year.
We're all in the same crappy boat here.
UF isn't underachieving moron. They are supposed to lose a couple this year. It's called being young. We're one of the youngest teams in the country and we're underachieving? Learn something about football before you speak.
Teabag

Madison, FL

#42 Oct 12, 2007
Naplesgator wrote:
So all you FSU backers who took the time to show their true colors last week when we lost (barely) to a #1 LSU...How does it feel to lose to Wake? I think you need to worry about what is going on in Tally instead of the great things that are happening in Gainesville. The things that are being said about Tebow are pure crap. That is like a Gator saying the same crap about Charlie Ward. I am not a Seminole booster but I know when to respect a good kid who does the right thing. Back off Noles and Canes. Tough times ahead.
You should take your own advice SFBrains.

Go tigers
Teabag

Madison, FL

#43 Oct 12, 2007
Aaron wrote:
<quoted text>
UF isn't underachieving moron. They are supposed to lose a couple this year. It's called being young. We're one of the youngest teams in the country and we're underachieving? Learn something about football before you speak.
You are right. UF is not underachieving, They just SUCK! They still have 2-3 losses to go this year.
Bobby Bowden

United States

#44 Oct 12, 2007
Did someone say we lost last night? I didn't even know we had a game. I was busy getting my Depends changed.

Mother, can I have some more marshmellows in my hot cocoa?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Sam Swank Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Hardin: Deacs beat Clemson with an old-school, ... (Oct '08) Nov '09 clepsux hatter 7
News UM wakes up (Oct '08) Oct '08 Gary 9
News Skinner's late TD pass lifts No. 21 Wake Forest... (Oct '08) Oct '08 cody 2
News FSU still can't beat Wake Forest, loses 12-3 (Sep '08) Sep '08 A E Banks 108
News Demon Deacons kick around inept 'Noles (Sep '08) Sep '08 GuileMike 12
News Swank's Late FG Gives Wake 30-28 Win Over Ole Miss (Sep '08) Sep '08 nowishhewereminei... 2
News No. 5 Florida ends skid against Miami, 26-3 (Sep '08) Sep '08 Gary 1
More from around the web