Demon Deacons kick around inept 'Noles

This was to be the night that Florida State players proved they were a different bunch of Seminoles than the ones who had slipped to the middle of the Atlantic Coast Conference in recent years. Full Story
TK Wetherturd

United States

#1 Sep 20, 2008
Has Dumbo Fischer not yet caught on to the fact that there is no Necessary correlation between an individual suffering from senile dementia and longevity??

Dumbo, He might continue to just wander around the periphery of the sidelines and just not go away. You may be like one of those individuals who waits for the 'perfect" spouse and ends up not being married at 60.

I'll SPELL IT OUT--The Prune ain't leaving as long as paterno sticks around. He wants that "record" even though you are in REALITY the head coach who will get no credit if this gets turned around and will get the blame if it does not
BECAUSE those morons who still frequent Ron Zook Field at Doak Campbell Stadium would rather blame anyone else besides BOOBY.

Has anyone told you that legal documents show it as Ron Zook Field At Doak Campbell Stadium because Zook won the first game played "there" and FSU has not won since.
rukidding

Dothan, AL

#2 Sep 21, 2008
Can anyone explain what Drew Weatherford did wrong?
Even on his worst outings, he was better than either of those two alleged quarterbacks last night.
Had DW played against those first two teams, he would have broken many records at FStumblingU.
TK is correct in his post. Booby Bowden is not leaving and Jimbo will take the fall because FSU is unable to recruit because of Bowden.
It is evident with the thugs that have been playing lately.
They should spend less time in Jail and the tatoo parlors and more time learning how to not commit penalties.
dgfldg

Miami, FL

#3 Sep 21, 2008
hahahahahahahahahahahahahaha.

See, that's what happens when you finally play a division I opponent.

Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha haha.
yeagators

United States

#4 Sep 21, 2008
That qb debacle last night is going to cause major troubles this season...

Weatherford----3rd string????

Ponder and Richardson don't look like D-1 QB's.....
Cody

Fort Lauderdale, FL

#5 Sep 21, 2008
Never seen a Bobby Bowden team play like this. If it was any other team I would have quit watching after 5 minutes. Really think it's time to get off the side lines, Bobby.
Matthew

Saint Petersburg, FL

#6 Sep 21, 2008
That was the worst display of football I have ever seen. Talk about Chris Ponder guaranteeing a victory. How can someone so STUPID be the starting QB? It was obvious the Noles had made a mistake in choosing Ponder over Weatherford this season. It doesn't matter how bad Drew has been, he'd have been 10 times better than Ponder was. That makes the coaching staff look STUPID. And speaking of which. How many seasons of crappy offensive play will it take before the AD at FSU starts to feel STUPID about giving the job to Jimbo Fisher? Lastly, all those penalties - POOR COACHING.
Brian

AOL

#7 Sep 21, 2008
I agree Cody as a life long FSU fan these last few years of 7-6 have been embarrasing to watch. The defense was the only thing that kept the game from being a blow out. From the first offensive play of the game being an interception to the back to back interceptions by Richardson it was pitiful. I don't know what has happened to my team but I think it is time for Bobby to step aside and start a new era.
DeacsFanz

Sarasota, FL

#8 Sep 21, 2008
Does anyone else smell the ACC Championship? Skinner and the rest of the offense still have some work to do, but against a pretty strong FSU defense, they still moved the ball pretty well. And with the number of penalties and turnovers, it was hard to get any momentum going. I know one thing, I'm getting my tickets to the ACC Football Championship in Tampa. It looks like they are on sale at http://www.TheRoadToTampaBay.com Does anyone know a good place to stay in Tampa? I'm thinking about going down there early and checking out Busch Gardens.

Since: Aug 08

Dallas, TX

#9 Sep 22, 2008
dgfldg
United States Reply
|Report Abuse |Judge it!|#3 Yesterday
hahahahahahahahahahahahahaha.

See, that's what happens when you finally play a division I opponent.

Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha haha.

Not one TD was given up by fsu D Line are D line did the best job they could and held them. for are O Line well that has to be worked on.
GuileMike

Tallahassee, FL

#10 Sep 22, 2008
I have to say, FSU defense looked like one of the best squads we have ever had. The O was maybe the worst showing from FSU I have ever seen.

Wake never socred a touchdown, if we had O that could have scored just two TD's, it would be an FSU win.

FSU will have a bad year this year but I bet next year will be great, hopefully Jimbo will unleash EJ.

QB is our main problem, the O-line just needs exp. and we will be ok.
rukidding

Dothan, AL

#11 Sep 22, 2008
GuileMike wrote:
I have to say, FSU defense looked like one of the best squads we have ever had. The O was maybe the worst showing from FSU I have ever seen.
Wake never socred a touchdown, if we had O that could have scored just two TD's, it would be an FSU win.
FSU will have a bad year this year but I bet next year will be great, hopefully Jimbo will unleash EJ.
QB is our main problem, the O-line just needs exp. and we will be ok.
Love your optimism!
As long as BB stays, we will continue to be saying "Wait till next year"
GuileMike

Tallahassee, FL

#12 Sep 23, 2008
rukidding wrote:
<quoted text>
Love your optimism!
As long as BB stays, we will continue to be saying "Wait till next year"
You are right about BB

But I am a fan, I gave up on this season before it started. When EJ takes over it will hopefully be a start of greatness

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Sam Swank Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Hardin: Deacs beat Clemson with an old-school, ... (Oct '08) Nov '09 clepsux hatter 7
UM wakes up (Oct '08) Oct '08 Gary 9
Skinner's late TD pass lifts No. 21 Wake Forest... (Oct '08) Oct '08 cody 2
FSU still can't beat Wake Forest, loses 12-3 (Sep '08) Sep '08 A E Banks 108
Swank's Late FG Gives Wake 30-28 Win Over Ole Miss (Sep '08) Sep '08 nowishhewereminei... 2
No. 5 Florida ends skid against Miami, 26-3 (Sep '08) Sep '08 Gary 1
Husky meltdown (Dec '07) Dec '07 rick 1
•••
•••

Sam Swank People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••