Dougherty: Packers need to improve de...

Dougherty: Packers need to improve defense line to get better next season

There are 3 comments on the Marshfield News-Herald story from Dec 31, 2008, titled Dougherty: Packers need to improve defense line to get better next season. In it, Marshfield News-Herald reports that:

It's not too difficult to see what ails the Green Bay Packers. Whether they can solve it in one offseason is another matter.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Marshfield News-Herald.

GBPfan

Colorado Springs, CO

#1 Jan 1, 2009
This raises the related issue of just how many more years Thompson and McCarthy should get to "fix" or "improve" the Packers. After four years this article suugests that at least several more will be necessary for the Packers to be competitive. Why trust Thompson and McCarthy to do what they already should have done?

Since: Nov 07

Brooklyn

#2 Jan 1, 2009
If haynesworth doesnt sign back with Tennensee then I could almost guarentee TT will make a big offer...doesnt mean hell get him..but hell try just like he did with Gonzalez and many others. Also Rock Bernard is looking pretty good for us too. And either of those guys plus a healthy Jenknins is a huge plus./ Nobody really understands how good of a player Jenknins is and his loss was huge.
GBPfan

Colorado Springs, CO

#3 Jan 1, 2009
steve_4_51_ wrote:
If haynesworth doesnt sign back with Tennensee then I could almost guarentee TT will make a big offer...doesnt mean hell get him..but hell try just like he did with Gonzalez and many others. Also Rock Bernard is looking pretty good for us too. And either of those guys plus a healthy Jenknins is a huge plus./ Nobody really understands how good of a player Jenknins is and his loss was huge.
What exactly is your point? It sounds like you are anticipating that Thompson will fail to improve the Packers through free agency as usual. Are you saying that Packer fans ought to applaud him for yet another failure?

As for Jenkins, I agree, he is good. But the Giants have played without both Michael Strahan and Osi Umenyiora(major contributors to their defensive line success last year)the entire season and managed to IMPROVE from last year. That's the difference a GOOD GM can make to a team.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Ryan Pickett Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Packers' smaller defensive line holding up agai... (Aug '14) Aug '14 VikesFan 4
News Wilson receives $65K bonus from Raiders (Apr '14) Apr '14 Reggie McWTF 2
News Johnny Jolly: Will be cleared medically in a co... (Mar '14) Mar '14 eric 2
News 5 Underrated Free Agents The Green Bay Packers ... (Feb '14) Feb '14 normallylikeyellow 1
News 5 Cost-Effective Moves Green Bay Packers Should... (Jan '14) Jan '14 GBPfan 2
News Green Bay Packers: Mike McCarthy couldn't be in... (Nov '13) Nov '13 40for60 1
News Matt Flynn says he'll be ready for anything (Nov '13) Nov '13 RAIDER MISTERIO OG 3
More from around the web