Mike Vandermause column: Green Bay Pa...

Mike Vandermause column: Green Bay Packers spending to keep their talent

There are 3 comments on the WisInfo story from Mar 15, 2010, titled Mike Vandermause column: Green Bay Packers spending to keep their talent. In it, WisInfo reports that:

The money thrown around by the Green Bay Packers over the past week is staggering.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at WisInfo.

GBPfan

Colorado Springs, CO

#1 Mar 16, 2010
I love this kind of stupidity that Mike Vandermause is famous for:

"Through the years, Thompson smartly has avoided bidding for overpriced free agents from other teams. Opening the vault for his players makes more sense because the Packers know what they’re getting."

Apparently Vandermause considers the Saints "stupid" to use of free agency to build a Super Bowl winner. According to Vandermause it's "smart" to avoid using free agency to improve.

It totally escapes Vandermause that some GMs (the good GMs) know what they are getting when they wisely sign free agents from other teams. Because Vandermause has his head securely placed up TT's butt, he describes the FAs that haven't been signed by TT as "overpriced." Unrestricted FAs almost always go to the highest bidder. The lame "overpriced" argument is meaningless. Is Vandermause saying it was stupid every time that TT has signed free agents from other teams? After all, they didn't sign for the least money they could get.

The best GMs use free agency effectively to improve their team. Ted "43-40" Thompson obviously does not.

As Green Bay Press Gazette Sports Editor and unabashed TT supporter, Mike Vandermause, more than any one other person, is the reason the Packers are still saddled with a 43-40 GM! Is it really too much to ask Vandermause to act like a journalist instead of a cheerleader?

I would say the same thing on the GBPG site, but if you do, your comments stop appearing. Trust me, I know. Apparently, Mike is a little bit sensitive to people pointing out the truth.
norton

Wausau, WI

#2 Mar 16, 2010
GBPfan!! you are such a nerd!!!!!
GBPfan

Colorado Springs, CO

#3 Mar 17, 2010
norton wrote:
GBPfan!! you are such a nerd!!!!!
Coming from "norton" that is funny. LOL

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Ryan Pickett Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Packers' smaller defensive line holding up agai... (Aug '14) Aug '14 VikesFan 4
News Wilson receives $65K bonus from Raiders (Apr '14) Apr '14 Reggie McWTF 2
News Johnny Jolly: Will be cleared medically in a co... (Mar '14) Mar '14 eric 2
News 5 Underrated Free Agents The Green Bay Packers ... (Feb '14) Feb '14 normallylikeyellow 1
News 5 Cost-Effective Moves Green Bay Packers Should... (Jan '14) Jan '14 GBPfan 2
News Green Bay Packers: Mike McCarthy couldn't be in... (Nov '13) Nov '13 40for60 1
News Matt Flynn says he'll be ready for anything (Nov '13) Nov '13 RAIDER MISTERIO OG 3
More from around the web