A sure bet: Packers GM confident in r...

A sure bet: Packers GM confident in roster as is

There are 78 comments on the The Janesville Gazette - Janesville, Wisconsin story from Mar 25, 2009, titled A sure bet: Packers GM confident in roster as is. In it, The Janesville Gazette - Janesville, Wisconsin reports that:

Despite coming off a 6-10 season and being in the midst of a major schematic change on defense, the Packers are not a team with a lot of glaring needs, Thompson said.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Janesville Gazette - Janesville, Wisconsin.

First Prev
of 4
Next Last
normallylikeyell ow

Hollidaysburg, PA

#61 Apr 3, 2009
jeremy wrote:
MM improved 3 seasons in a row, what is TT to do? fire him after going 13-3? If the pack do not perform this year he prolly has to go, coachs come and go all the time in the NFL, so with all the new head coachs this year, all those GM's suck too? Seriously, don't point out the obvious when you say TT hired him, you have to give MM a chance after going 13-3 just two years ago,I think it was a good hire, but we'll see how this year plays out.TT put the talent on the team, now its up to MM and DC to put it all together, not TT.I am saying TT isn't thee entire problem.
No we fired Brett Favre after going 13-3. Or he retired and unretired or didn't feel wanted or didn't want $20 million to cheerlead or Deanna made him or I forget all the other versions... I guess we could blame him.
GBPfan

Colorado Springs, CO

#62 Apr 4, 2009
jeremy wrote:
On post #41 you compare Matt Millen to Ted Thompson, every single ESPN NFL analyst would laugh out loud in your face.We don't live in the 60's or 70's old man,take the time to see what other franchises are doing and compare it to the Pack, and it isn't any different. Look at Dallas!Look at the Vikings, Bengals,49ers,Jets, any team and you'll see sometimes they hit and sometimes they miss, maybe you wanna be fans of those teams, then you'll have a different perspective on how the pack are run.We have a very good young team, better than what half of the NFL franchise are doing,want me to name some more season after season losers?The Packers are ALWAYS for the past 5 years(IN TT time) considered an upper class franchise.
4-12, 8-8, 13-3, 6-10. The FACT that you consider this to be "ALWAYS an upper class franchise" proves that you are incapable of unbiased, objective, rational thought. Thank you for proving that I am right.

And by the way, the fact rhat other losers exist in the NFL, does not make the Packers winners. This is an example of the kind of rational thought that so easily eludes you!
wal0645

Yorktown, VA

#63 Apr 4, 2009
Most posters with a negative outlook all the time get ignored after a period of time. They think themselves to be realist, but actually they are pessimist and who wants to be interacting with those kind of folks. When you constantly rant on the shortcomings of a sports team, fans who enjoy watching that team and want the team to be successful will begin to shut you out. This last poster has drifted into that category of being irrelevant and has a screwed up mindset.
normallylikeyell ow

Hollidaysburg, PA

#64 Apr 4, 2009
Wal, I can't speak for GB, but I simply reject the notion that a couple of drafts picks and sexy new defense is suddenly going to vault us back ahead of Chicago and Minnesota. That's not negativism, it's pragmatism.
jeremy

Barney, ND

#65 Apr 4, 2009
normally, I HOPE the pack vaults ahead of those teams, the Atlanta Falcons, Miami Dolphins, Baltimore Ravens and some of those teams who made a couple of changes makes me excited for the upcoming season, I just don't see how were that far off and with a few changes that were needed on defense gets me pumped up. WAL, I agree, I'm bored with GBfan.
normallylikeyell ow

Hollidaysburg, PA

#66 Apr 4, 2009
I'm excited too. Worried, but excited.
GBPfan

Colorado Springs, CO

#67 Apr 4, 2009
wal0645 wrote:
Most posters with a negative outlook all the time get ignored after a period of time. They think themselves to be realist, but actually they are pessimist and who wants to be interacting with those kind of folks. When you constantly rant on the shortcomings of a sports team, fans who enjoy watching that team and want the team to be successful will begin to shut you out. This last poster has drifted into that category of being irrelevant and has a screwed up mindset.
I'm sure that what you mean to say is that posters that are right all the time start to be ignored by those that are wrong all the time. You may start ignoring me anytime now.
jeremy

Barney, ND

#68 Apr 4, 2009
normallylikeyellow wrote:
I'm excited too. Worried, but excited.
Yes, I'm a little worried about lack of depth, but I'm excited to see what Dom can do with this defense. Not so much this year, but next year when we can assess what players we exactly need.
jeremy

Barney, ND

#69 Apr 4, 2009
GBPfan wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm sure that what you mean to say is that posters that are right all the time start to be ignored by those that are wrong all the time. You may start ignoring me anytime now.
That is how short minded you are, posters who make sense get answered with objective questions. Done with you, all you bring is negativity.
GBPfan

Colorado Springs, CO

#70 Apr 4, 2009
jeremy wrote:
<quoted text>Yes, I'm a little worried about lack of depth, but I'm excited to see what Dom can do with this defense. Not so much this year, but next year when we can assess what players we exactly need.
You act like TT and MM are just starting with Green Bay. TT has been in GB 4 years and Seattle 5. Over the last 9 years he has proven himself. He has proven to be a loser(a sub .500 record) who's teams rarely make the playoffs.

We don't need to give him next year, then the year after that, and then the year after that. TT has already been given enough rope. It is time to take the Packers down from the noose.
eric

Marshfield, WI

#71 Apr 4, 2009
Dont forget Ted took 2 teams that werent that good and rebuilt them.4-12 first year in GB,then to 8-8 will take a toll on a career record.Im not sure about a certain record in Sea,but,they to werent that good,but, his team got to the SB and prob should have won depending ifyou feel Ben Rothlesburger got into the endzone of not.
GBPfan

Colorado Springs, CO

#72 Apr 4, 2009
eric wrote:
Dont forget Ted took 2 teams that werent that good and rebuilt them.4-12 first year in GB,then to 8-8 will take a toll on a career record.Im not sure about a certain record in Sea,but,they to werent that good,but, his team got to the SB and prob should have won depending ifyou feel Ben Rothlesburger got into the endzone of not.
No Thompson led team has ever been in a Superbowl.
GBPfan

Colorado Springs, CO

#73 Apr 4, 2009
eric wrote:
Thompson was in GB when Seattle went to the Superbowl. The Seahawks GM that year drafted three players that started in the Superbowl including a Probowler. Thompson has never had that kind of success in a draft. Furthermore, Mike Holmgren was the GM in Seattle during Thompson's first 3 years there. So crediting Thompson with building Seattle's Superbowl team is far from accurate.
eric

Marshfield, WI

#74 Apr 5, 2009
the seattle team that went to the SB was built by Ted,It was a Ted team that got there.Holmgren got fired as a GM,he wasnt successful at GM.
GBPfan

Colorado Springs, CO

#75 Apr 5, 2009
eric wrote:
the seattle team that went to the SB was built by Ted,It was a Ted team that got there.Holmgren got fired as a GM,he wasnt successful at GM.
You are wrong. Ted never was the GM in Seattle. When Ted was there Mike Holmgren was GM Ted's first 3 yaers. Bob Ferguson was GM his last 2 years. Ted may work well for others but he never has and never will build a winner.
GBPfan

Colorado Springs, CO

#76 Apr 5, 2009
eric wrote:
You TT lovers have to pull your heads out of TT's butt. You always spew back the BS that Ted has fed everyone. His taking credit for building the Seahawks is a perfect example. Your gay enthusiasm for Ted will NEVER change the FACTS. Try caring about the Packers enough to actually know what the facts are.
GBPfan

Colorado Springs, CO

#77 Apr 5, 2009
eric wrote:
According to your so-called reasoning, one of Mike Sherman's underlings deserves the credit for the Packer's last winning season.
GBPfan

Colorado Springs, CO

#78 Apr 5, 2009
"A sure bet: Packer GM confident in roster as is" This headline says it all, doesn't it? Ted Thompson just blows my mind dude! Does he know how many games the Packers lost last year or over the last 4 years? Does he realize how little depth the Packers have?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 4
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Ryan Pickett Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Packers' smaller defensive line holding up agai... (Aug '14) Aug '14 VikesFan 4
News Wilson receives $65K bonus from Raiders (Apr '14) Apr '14 Reggie McWTF 2
News Johnny Jolly: Will be cleared medically in a co... (Mar '14) Mar '14 eric 2
News 5 Underrated Free Agents The Green Bay Packers ... (Feb '14) Feb '14 normallylikeyellow 1
News 5 Cost-Effective Moves Green Bay Packers Should... (Jan '14) Jan '14 GBPfan 2
News Green Bay Packers: Mike McCarthy couldn't be in... (Nov '13) Nov '13 40for60 1
News Matt Flynn says he'll be ready for anything (Nov '13) Nov '13 RAIDER MISTERIO OG 3
More from around the web