Brett Favre not so great late as a Vi...

Brett Favre not so great late as a Viking

There are 66 comments on the TwinCities.com story from Nov 9, 2010, titled Brett Favre not so great late as a Viking. In it, TwinCities.com reports that:

After Sunday, Brett Favre is being toasted again for his fourth-quarter mastery.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at TwinCities.com.

First Prev
of 4
Next Last
You Lie

Minneapolis, MN

#1 Nov 9, 2010
BF is a god. He will lead us to a Superbowl victory over the Jets. You will see. Skol Vikings and pass the Purple Kool Aide
Jimi

Saint Paul, MN

#2 Nov 10, 2010
You Lie wrote:
BF is a god. He will lead us to a Superbowl victory over the Jets. You will see. Skol Vikings and pass the Purple Kool Aide
Don't know what drugs you are on, but could I have some? I would like to escape from reality too.
newowner

San Antonio, TX

#3 Nov 10, 2010
why why why the negative?
gypsy cab

Saint Augustine, FL

#4 Nov 10, 2010
What a bunch of BS. The Vikes probably wouuldn't have even had a chance to win it if Favre wasn't the QB and many of those losses were a result of a fumble or deflection or lack of blocking.
Vic

United States

#5 Nov 10, 2010
The season opening game vs saints was partially the defense. They couldn't bottle the saints up. They were giving up huge plays. N couldn't stop them at all for 5:32 at the end of the game. It was hard to watch the saints move the ball.
VikingGolfer

Montgomery, AL

#6 Nov 10, 2010
This is why the Coach and the Offensive Cord needs to be replace.. Lack of keeping the other team guessing. The plays are to predictable a 5yr old can coach defense against this team...
GO VIKES!!!
Outsidelookingin

Grantsburg, WI

#7 Nov 10, 2010
Favre has a habit of keeping his teams out of the Super Bowl with last-minute careless passes and interceptions. It'll happen again.
Sherm

AOL

#8 Nov 10, 2010
What a couple of jerks these writers are.
BOB

Faribault, MN

#9 Nov 10, 2010
A good QB, Goalie, hitter can only carry a team so far. The rest of the team and coaches also have to be at least Saints if not Gods.

And who was Randy?

“any questions?”

Since: Jun 10

st.john's, newfoundland

#10 Nov 10, 2010
between the Packer trolls, who hate him because he is a Vike; the fans who hate him because of his style of play ( yes he makes bad decisions...what qb doesn't), but he also gets W's that should be L's; an arrogant, ego driven coach that hasn't got a clue; to writers that crap all over him if doesn't pull a rabbit out of a hat every sunday and then criticize him when he does, because it doesn't happen enough...man you people are freakin wild...do all of you geniuses really believe that this team would have gone 12-4 last season without BF? this year he hasn't been the same as last year...but geez, come on, most people saw that before the season started. i will say this, last Sunday, as difficult as it was for most of the game, very few QBS could have done what he did...if you need proof...check this out...Roger Staubach, who many consider to be Mr. Comeback; had 23 of those in his career...after last Sunday, i think BF has 46...twice as many...so let it go already...i would rather take my chances with #4 in that situation than another QB...Klink...you're still an idiot...one final thing...this thing is not over yet...GO VIKES!!!
These writers suck

Hopkins, MN

#11 Nov 10, 2010
Let's take a look at some of their previous articles and dissect them, I'm sure they have been perfect in every area so we should all just bow down and kiss their arss! What a joke!! The writers in this town I swear are from Green Bay and Chicago, get the F out of our state if everything you say is going to be negative. Can we please try to enjoy our home town team? Is that too much to ask? Every sports writer in this state sucks and is dumb!!
Zeke

Minneapolis, MN

#12 Nov 10, 2010
At this point, the odds are against the Vikings making the playoffs...but it doesn't matter.

The NFL is a form of entertainment, and haven't the Vikings been entertaining????

With Favre, even when he's thrown a couple INT's, he's had the team in a position to win.

Favre gives 100%...things don't always work out, but remember, it's entertainment!
Milkbone

Cypress, TX

#13 Nov 10, 2010
So little has went well for the Vikings this season and when something good happens you manage to come up with a bucket of water to try and put the fire out. He had a fantastic season as the Vikings qb last year and he didnt even want to come back this year as he had doubts because of age and injury. They had to send a strike team down there to extract him from his home and now you want to complain about him. He hasnt played as well this year but he certainly gives 100% and is still exciting to watch. Give him and the Vikings a break.
Frank W

Spartanburg, SC

#14 Nov 10, 2010
Nice analysis, but I wouldn't tie all these losses on Brett Favre. The loss to the Bears last year wasn't his fault, and the loss to the Dolphins this year could be hung as much on the OL and poor play callings as on Favre.

And that loss to the Jets? Well, it was 22-20 when Favre through that pick 6 to end the game. Too bad Childress didn't decide to use those two timeouts at the end of the first half to try and get in position for a field goal attempt.

At the bottom of this, while Favre is a loose cannon, is questionable play-calling and lousy decisions by Childress. Besides, would we have won any of these games with Tarvaris Jackson or Sage Rosenfels at the helm?

You want a better QB? Tell the head coach that. He's the one who still thinks TJack has superstar potential.
veegez

Maple Grove, MN

#15 Nov 10, 2010
What is the local media's problem? They seem to have this 'kick Brett in the junk' agenda, and meanwhile supporting a coach that is clueless. The players in the locker room know who is responsible for making that offense go and so does the national media. Why is the local media so intent on getting it backwards?
Straight cash homey

Duluth, MN

#16 Nov 10, 2010
Worthless article...
Huh

Schofield, WI

#17 Nov 10, 2010
You can't put the blame on Favre if his teammates are getting penalties and fumbling the ball, or if his offensive line was swiss cheese.
yousuck

Saint Paul, MN

#18 Nov 10, 2010
I mean, really, this season has been a nightmare, our O line has been terrible, have you watched any other teams like, green, bay, Indy, Pats our pass protection is not even close to those teams, he is get hit 10 -15 times a game with big shots and still stands in there doesnt bitch or complain, so while the fans and teams needed this kind of emotional win, you "home team" wtiters just can't give all of us a moment to enjoy it, maybe you could write about the other 46 times (nearly 3 seasons worth) as he carried his team back from the dead. Only one losing season in 20 years for the guy and your gonna trash him? If you look at any season in green bay that was a poor statistacl year for that team it was during 2 rebuilding phases he went through, I remember the year they were so injuty depleted that they were on their 6th running back from the practice squad and ferguson was their #1 receiver after walker got hurt. I will not read another column by you again, out own media trashing a great win, the glass is half empty for you I guess, so don't watch OUR team then is all you have is negative things to say!
Packer Fan

United States

#19 Nov 10, 2010
Hey Vikings fans, last year was last year. Brett can either take you all the way or fall apart. Its just that simple. We do not hate him for being a Viking, we dislike him for his drama and willingness to string out teams through the off-season. He is selfish and it shows in his actions with his team and coach. Favre also looses 3 out of 4 games every December. Look it up. Make some money off that bet! I do every year. Lastly, if you cannot see his abilities are diminishing you are not paying attention. You have a strong offense and where is that getting you? Yeah, your coach takes some of that blame, but what about your QB? Get real. Getting rid of Favre was the best thin the Packers could have done. If you want him to be your hero, buyer beware! He will let you down in one way, shape or form. Packer fans already know this and you should too!
oldviking

Portsmouth, VA

#20 Nov 10, 2010
The losing of Taylor and the Rice situation was huge.Those 2 player acounted for 60 percent of the yardage, catches and tds,not to mention the firstdowns.Any team that were to lose that production would struggle.The o-line isn't that good but they wern't that good last year,Farve made things happen with defenders draped on him.This year no Taylor,no sidney same lousy o=line look at the hits the qb has indured .Farve needs time to set up,look at your Mannings,Brees,and alot of the other qb's they have so much time. You put them behind our o-line and their teams would be in the same boat if not worse.The end of the cards game they gave farve time and he lit it up...IF this team just corrects the little mistakes they can win out! The coaching has been lousy to this point.If there not going to address the blocking then they need to use ad in the screen game.Use the crap out of AD its not too late!!!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 4
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Ryan Longwell Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Former Bear Bryan Robinson found dead in Milwau... Jun '16 Laughing Bear Fan 3
News Longwell reminisces about 'great run' as Packer... (Aug '13) Aug '13 GBPfan 8
News Longtime K Longwell announces retirement (Aug '13) Aug '13 Bleeds Purple 5
News Seahawks have the NFL's strongest roster, says ... (Mar '13) May '13 number80 3
News 6 Biggest Trouble Spots on the Minnesota Viking... (Jun '12) Dec '12 Langoliers 3
News Hey NFL, It's Time to Start Taking the Minnesot... (Oct '12) Oct '12 Fran the Man 18
News Peterson returns, Vikings edge Jaguars, 26-23 i... (Sep '12) Sep '12 John Wayne 2
More from around the web