Vikings QB Brett Favre endures a toug...

Vikings QB Brett Favre endures a tough night in loss to Jets

There are 33 comments on the TwinCities.com story from Oct 12, 2010, titled Vikings QB Brett Favre endures a tough night in loss to Jets. In it, TwinCities.com reports that:

Brett Favre acknowledged being "embarrassed" Monday night after the Vikings' 29-22 loss to the New York Jets.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at TwinCities.com.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
fire chilly

Saint Paul, MN

#21 Oct 12, 2010
I say fire chilly, and either make Frazier our headcoach or go out and get Brian Billick or maybe see if Tony Dungy wants to make a comeback to coaching. Dungy has a good minnesota tie, so maybe he'll be more motivated to comeback if it was for the vikes.
Pa Vikefan

Meshoppen, PA

#22 Oct 12, 2010
We need a defense minded coach, they love to pound the ball, or i'll settle for an offensive minded coach who actually has a mind
mossforlife

Springfield, IL

#23 Oct 12, 2010
Childress is not calling any shots, however, he has been told not to say anything negative relative to the QB. With that said, if things continue Chilly will be set up as the scapegoat and will be fired. He has no control of bad QB play and turnovers. He also cannot bench one that may need benching. Ziggy, got too much money invested in BF. That 4 million extra Favre got could have kept Chester on the team. Not to mentioned Rosenfels tab. Ziggy freed up the money for the QB and it not paying dividends as last year.
Mike

Hutchinson, MN

#24 Oct 12, 2010
Its time to pull the plug on the old man. TJACK would have this team 2-2 right now. He can move and does not make the stupid throws Brett does. Just leave old man. He had a 92 passer rating the last year he started with ONLY 2 Ints & 9 Tds.

“clemens for president '20”

Since: Nov 09

Erie

#25 Oct 12, 2010
ranks666 wrote:
OK
So I admit the Packers will be lucky to win 6 games this year. But at least we can take comfort in the fact that Favre and the rest of your crew suck too. Go Brett ( and Little Brett ) Go
Your such a class act, go post on a kiddie forum- you are pathetic.
Mark

Manassas, VA

#26 Oct 13, 2010
Da Bears 2010 wrote:
<quoted text>Right after the draft, I dont know how many Vike fans were bragging about this guy. I can run faster than this guy, and where is the other "steal" of the draft, Joe Webb???? Has he even been on the active roster this year???
Webb's the #3 QB. He probably won't play this year, because the team will almost certainly turn to Jackson if a suspension ensues for Favre. Too bad. Webb has loads of potential: he has the agility of Vick but with better speed and power, he has a rifle arm. He lacks only the opportunity to gain experience. Webb could make for an exciting four-game suspension stint at QB, with our opponents unsure how to scout or game him. Yet it won't play out that way. Any suspension of Favre will bring Jackson to the fore; that's Chilly for you. Skol Vikings.

“sorry we're out of cheese”

Since: Feb 07

jacksonville beach, FL

#27 Oct 13, 2010
favre wont be in there much longer. We all saw how bad his consistency and accuracy was. No qb in the league can win you games playing like that. His body wont get it done and Im guessing they are willing to just let this all play out being they know this will be the last time they see favre on the field as a player. Otherwise, I say bench him now.. In the meantime, try keep in mind there is a lot of football to play but we cant really afford to lose any more games. With chilly as head coach thats an impossible feat. I feel bad for this defense because dog gammit they keep us in EVERY GAME and the offense cant play four quarters. Ive never seen a more pathetic first half of football in my life. It was actually comical and I cant believe the jets didnt finish us off hard like they shoulda. Thank God for a great defense especially the leslie. As a diehard Viking fan living in Jag country I have to represent always but I hate to lose dammit. Lets get this S%$t rolling and get the wins. Put webb in there and lets rock lol. Put favre to pasture sheesh
viking woman

Brookfield, MO

#28 Oct 13, 2010
Just got done watching the press conference with Favre, he is very confident and feels good about this weeks game, he is in a very good state of mind, and when asked about the allegations, he says he feels confident about them also that it will all play out in the end, didn't seem the least bit worried about them at all.
I knew it was all a bunch of BS.
Tom Feely

United States

#29 Oct 13, 2010
Dig up Schnelker.

“Psalm 24:1”

Since: Mar 10

Mississippi County Arkansas

#30 Oct 13, 2010
After Randy Moss and Brett Farve get aquainted with one another......LOOK OUT! Adrian Peterson running like there's no tomorrow and the offensive live holding their blocks everything will be all right for Minnesota i think (that elbow is bothering Farve though) I have them winning their division so they need to get it in gear....
Favre the Fraud

Trumbull, CT

#31 Oct 13, 2010
Now Brett is whining about an injury to mask his pathetic play lately. The Viqueens are going nowhere with Favre, he'll be gone some then what?
Beecharmer

Milton, KY

#32 Oct 13, 2010
viking woman wrote:
Just got done watching the press conference with Favre, he is very confident and feels good about this weeks game, he is in a very good state of mind, and when asked about the allegations, he says he feels confident about them also that it will all play out in the end, didn't seem the least bit worried about them at all.
I knew it was all a bunch of BS.
Rightttttttttttt. Favre will not make it to end of season. Just wait.
Bill K

Saint Paul, MN

#33 Oct 15, 2010
vikings will go 9-3 the rest of the way and make the playoffs in the very ordinary nfcn, that might even be good enough for a 3rd div champ in a row. The bears will "be who we thought they were", again. The packers will struggle with their injuries, and the lions, well, are the lions.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Ryan Longwell Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Former Bear Bryan Robinson found dead in Milwau... (Jun '16) Jun '16 Laughing Bear Fan 3
News Longwell reminisces about 'great run' as Packer... (Aug '13) Aug '13 GBPfan 8
News Longtime K Longwell announces retirement (Aug '13) Aug '13 Bleeds Purple 5
News Seahawks have the NFL's strongest roster, says ... (Mar '13) May '13 number80 3
News 6 Biggest Trouble Spots on the Minnesota Viking... (Jun '12) Dec '12 Langoliers 3
News Hey NFL, It's Time to Start Taking the Minnesot... (Oct '12) Oct '12 Fran the Man 18
News Peterson returns, Vikings edge Jaguars, 26-23 i... (Sep '12) Sep '12 John Wayne 2
More from around the web