Vikings QB Brett Favre endures a toug...

Vikings QB Brett Favre endures a tough night in loss to Jets

There are 33 comments on the TwinCities.com story from Oct 12, 2010, titled Vikings QB Brett Favre endures a tough night in loss to Jets. In it, TwinCities.com reports that:

Brett Favre acknowledged being "embarrassed" Monday night after the Vikings' 29-22 loss to the New York Jets.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at TwinCities.com.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
goodman

Elk Mound, WI

#1 Oct 12, 2010
Another interception to end the game...imagine that.

Since: Jan 10

Cleveland, OH

#2 Oct 12, 2010
OK

So I admit the Packers will be lucky to win 6 games this year. But at least we can take comfort in the fact that Favre and the rest of your crew suck too. Go Brett ( and Little Brett ) Go
Beecharmer

Milton, KY

#3 Oct 12, 2010
So long Brett. The journey is over. What a way to go out. Way to take down a good Viking's team.
Bronson

Huntington, NY

#4 Oct 12, 2010
Defense has been doing their part and then some.
I would like to see the vikings use Gerhart and AP in the backfield at the same time. Favre is simply killing the team right now and he's obviously not healthy. This team could play more power football if they wanted to, but Childress and Bevell are way too enamored with the pass.

AP should leave Minnesota and play for a team that appreciates a great back.

USA all the way.
Pa Vikefan

Meshoppen, PA

#5 Oct 12, 2010
Favre is far from taking down the team (alone), that said, I'd rather see him making his 20 mil by sitting on the bench, then being awful on the field. The only glimmer of him looking like he wants to be here was when he threw his 500th TD otherwise on the field and in press conferences, he has looked like what he is: a guy who would rather be sitting at home but got guilted into coming back. Our O line sucks, Favre sucks, the Williams wall has been far from dominate and Allen hasn't produced either. The coaching is as bad as I've ever seen, but hey, we've come to expect that from Childress and Co. haven't we?
Pa Vikefan

Meshoppen, PA

#6 Oct 12, 2010
how could I forget Gerhart...what a joke
Steve

Minneapolis, MN

#7 Oct 12, 2010
Farve pulled out the old we easily could be 4-0. People ripped Brester for saying that, but not Farve.
J_Schlitz

Dayton, OH

#8 Oct 12, 2010
Loser.
Bronson

Huntington, NY

#9 Oct 12, 2010
Nothing wrong with Gerhart. You need more than 1 carry to do anything. AP is the best player in football and he had 19 touches last night. 19.
What a joke. Favre has completely taken over the team and now his trangressions will be too much to overcome. We should run the ball All Day with Peterson and Gerhart. We could wear defenses down, control the clock and open up the passing game.

Run the ball.
oldviking

Portsmouth, VA

#10 Oct 12, 2010
He should be embarrassed ,how do you think the fans feel!We've have been ambarrassed,right now the vikes weakest link is Farve!Chilly should've had the nads to bench him.TJ COULD have played that bad,the D played thier butts off to keep us in the game.Who gives a crap about his records!!! the Vikes are 1-3 the way farve is playing we could easily go 1-15! If we just manage that game we win,farve looked pathatic can't handle the ball all those picks this year fudge! Who cares about those 3 tds,the vikes lost!!!TIME TO BENCH HIM !!!!
Pa Vikefan

Meshoppen, PA

#11 Oct 12, 2010
Bronson, you're correct, I have misdirected towards Gerhart, he's proof of the bs coaching. He should NOT be a 3rd down back at this point in his young career. He's completely lost picking up the blitz. and no we do not run the ball nearly as much as we should, again....coaching
Bronson

Huntington, NY

#12 Oct 12, 2010
Pa Vikefan,
Agreed. The coaching on offense has been terrible.
If Tom Coughlin had AP, the Giants would use him and they would find themselves in Dallas in February. The coaches fear taking the ball out of Favre's hands. ESPN is reporting that Childress said the team was not ready to play offensively. When asked why, he said, "your guess is as good as mine."

Favre is KILLING us. Why don't we use AP more? Why don't the morons in the media ask that question????
Gutless coaching, gutless media.

USA all the way.
trout57

Scottsdale, AZ

#13 Oct 12, 2010
Farve would be replaced a s QB if it weren't for the Fact tha Childress beg him tocome back . Both Farve and Childress should be replaced to bad the Vikings traded the Best QB and kept a Second rate one in Jackson .
Mark

Germantown, MD

#14 Oct 12, 2010
Pa Vikefan wrote:
Yes, I think we can forget offensive rookie of the year, ha. I counted one dropped pass and one run for no gain. I still think he has potential, but he's not having a good rookie season. Let's hope a light goes on for him. He seems to accelerate slowly and I don't know if that can be fixed by coaching. Indeed we're feeling the loss of Taylor. Skol Vikings.
Da Bears 2010

Schaumburg, IL

#15 Oct 12, 2010
Pa Vikefan wrote:
Right after the draft, I dont know how many Vike fans were bragging about this guy. I can run faster than this guy, and where is the other "steal" of the draft, Joe Webb???? Has he even been on the active roster this year???
bill hnidan

Red Deer, Canada

#16 Oct 12, 2010
well, one can one say, do we still have a chance for the playoffs, all else means nothing to me?!

If so, we have no choice because we did not get vick, no other quarterback was avail and our dumb coaches did not draft anyone-where is webb by the way?
So, we keep to favre, and keep rolling along, but sadly, it appears that our year is shot to hell and that is very sad to me.
What a defense we have though and special teams, man this team is for real, we just needed to get an offense to fun at even 50% and we would have a different story,

yeh, about chester, why, or why did we not keep him-what over a few lousy dollars??-yet another dumb move, really dumb in fact, his replacements are godawful,

I am dying of prostate cancer and had hoped to see us win the big one, but time is running out for me, so I take my purple heart to the big house with on empty shelf!
Bill K

Saint Paul, MN

#17 Oct 12, 2010
I know I'm in a tiny minority on this, but I actually was encouraged with the offense in the 2nd half-- I think it will be rolling big-time in a couple weeks. the only problem with that is, will it matter? I think 9-7 could get you into the wide-open nfc playoffs this year, so I think there is still hope.
Rapidcraft

Minneapolis, MN

#18 Oct 12, 2010
Tough night for 4, but the real problem is Childress / Bevell. Horse chit boring, unimaginative play calling. Chilly is like Obama, way in over his head!
Rapidcraft

Minneapolis, MN

#19 Oct 12, 2010
Tough night for # 4. However, the real problem is chilly. He is way in over his head, just like Obama!
fire chilly

Saint Paul, MN

#20 Oct 12, 2010
I think its time for chilly to go. He doesn't know how to utilize the offensive weapons vikings have. Why didn't we see AP run more? The way he was running, you knew if they kept feeding it to him, he was gonna break one sooner or later. Chilly has made this team all about brett farve, who showed us last night that he's 41 years old and an injured 41 years old at that. This should be Adrian's team with the offense running through adrian. When you have a running back that puts fear into defenses like AP, you should do a lot of play action to setup a bomb to moss. The defense will hesitate everytime you do it. And sometimes just that little hesitation from the defense can be the difference between a moss TD and not. But chilly and bevell are so set on making this the farve show that they forgot they have AP.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Ryan Longwell Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Former Bear Bryan Robinson found dead in Milwau... Jun '16 Laughing Bear Fan 3
News Longwell reminisces about 'great run' as Packer... (Aug '13) Aug '13 GBPfan 8
News Longtime K Longwell announces retirement (Aug '13) Aug '13 Bleeds Purple 5
News Seahawks have the NFL's strongest roster, says ... (Mar '13) May '13 number80 3
News 6 Biggest Trouble Spots on the Minnesota Viking... (Jun '12) Dec '12 Langoliers 3
News Hey NFL, It's Time to Start Taking the Minnesot... (Oct '12) Oct '12 Fran the Man 18
News Peterson returns, Vikings edge Jaguars, 26-23 i... (Sep '12) Sep '12 John Wayne 2
More from around the web